[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

15 hours ago, Ginlucks said:

Hi all, does this mod support or could be integrated with CTT?

What is CTT? Please can you do not write abbreviatedly because I'm not familiar with all the mods that went out all the time in the KSP ....

11 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

What is CTT? Please can you do not write abbreviatedly because I'm not familiar with all the mods that went out all the time in the KSP ....

I am sorry, community tech tree. It is a mod that allow to recompile scientific  progression during scientific campaign. This would permit to start the game with less efficient and less power engines and discover the most powerful in late stages of game.  

54 minutes ago, Ginlucks said:

I am sorry, community tech tree. It is a mod that allow to recompile scientific  progression during scientific campaign. This would permit to start the game with less efficient and less power engines and discover the most powerful in late stages of game.  

No, it does not even work for the original KSP tech tree... Or rather not configured correctly. :)

@Alcentarcan you make an engine that will be the same as RD-0124, but will have 8 cameras instead of 4 in the original? Now such an engine is being developed for the second stage of the new Sunkar rocket. This rocket will be similar to Zenith, but in the second stage it will not have RD 120, but RD-0124 with 8 cameras. It would be interesting to launch a mission to the moon with this rocket.

Edited by Fenyx

On 16.04.2017 at 9:33 PM, Fenyx said:

@Alcentarcan you make an engine that will be the same as RD-0124, but will have 8 cameras instead of 4 in the original? Now such an engine is being developed for the second stage of the new Sunkar rocket. This rocket will be similar to Zenith, but in the second stage it will not have RD 120, but RD-0124 with 8 cameras. It would be interesting to launch a mission to the moon with this rocket.

Still too little information

I think he means a Dual RD-0124 and he means 8 nozzles instead of 8 cameras. I found only this to the Sunkar:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/sunkar.html

It uses 2x RD-0124 with another arrangement of the nozzles.

Wikipedia says:

Its second stage would measure 7.77 m (25.5 ft) by 4.1 m (13 ft) in diameter, with a dry mass of 6.5 t (7.2 tons) and an RG-1/LOX load of 60 t (66 tons). It would be powered by two RD-0124A, same as Angara. But instead of arranging the four nozzles in a square, it would feature a semicircle arrangement, so the two engines would feature the eight total nozzles close to its perimeter, forming a circle. This arrangement would minimize the stage length, while keeping the engines excellent specific impulse.[2][4]

@Alcentar, i think if you use the same modules (combustion cameras with nozzles) as it appears in the RD-0124, and arrange it as a circle (8 ones), then it's will be not so wrong. I use the "Horizon Aeronautic" mod (fuel tanks, fairings), but the engines from the RE, and Realism Overhaull. The rocket almost perfect. But i interesting to try 2x RD-0124 for "real' lunar mission!

3 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Thx guys!
Does this animal really have to look like this?

10548524.jpg

It looks awful and reminds me of a fragment first stage rocket N-1. :D

Amazing, is it the Zenit´s second stage modernization?

Actually it looks like second stage :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.