[1.8] Station Science continued (v2.6.0)

tomf

• 1 month later...

Hi, i have problem with this mod, when i click RMB on my science lab and cyclotron it says it's "locked". I have button to start both of them but it's at "zero effficency" so i can't generate any eureka point and quarks,  and i also don't see any mission related to this mod, it looks like this:
https://imgur.com/Ml8Je7U
https://imgur.com/4POThIl
https://imgur.com/8SaLZcO
here's how my gamedata folder looks:
 https://imgur.com/YzlIs4Y
https://imgur.com/l9EnOPH

edit: ok i managed to find solution by myself, i downloaded this mod from github and everything work just fine, i didn't noticed that version on curseforge is not uptaded 

Edited by FunThomas

This may or may not be a stupid question, but is Eureka generation supposed to be limited to only the TH-NKR Research Lab? That thing is 12 tons and it'd be nice to be able to generate Eurekas (albeit at a slower rate) using one of the other science labs in the game, such as the MPL or Bluedog's MOS-LS...

8 minutes ago, Kardea said:

This may or may not be a stupid question, but is Eureka generation supposed to be limited to only the TH-NKR Research Lab? That thing is 12 tons and it'd be nice to be able to generate Eurekas (albeit at a slower rate) using one of the other science labs in the game, such as the MPL or Bluedog's MOS-LS...

Well then what would be the point of the research lab? Where you can timewarp years in a few minutes? The whole point of this mod is to force you to find a way to haul massive components around the solar system.

Yeah, I have a full rig up at Jool but it doesn't work anymore because one of the part modules is broken and only the stuff that don't require kuarks works, kinda... =(  -- the thing has a MET of like 30 years and has visited everything outward of Kerbin to it's current orbit...

15 hours ago, Kardea said:

1) not stupid

2) yes

3) you can write an MM script to add the needed module to any part you want

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, tomf said:

Ive uploaded a new release that fixes a couple of broken localization tags - thanks to Wyzard256

Thanks for releasing that.  Unfortunately, looking at it again today, I discovered that there were still some problems with localized strings in the cyclotron's part description.  (I don't know how I managed to overlook those problems last time; I think I may have seen them but just forgotten to fix them before I submitted my earlier pull request.  Sorry about that.)

Anyway, I've submitted an additional pull request with some fixes for the cyclotron's part description.

(BTW, it looks like you compiled a new DLL to put in the release zipfile, but the DLL within the actual Git repository is still the old one without these fixes.  To avoid some possible confusion, you may want to either update or remove that outdated DLL file.)

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered a problem with kibbal-based experiments on 2.30 on KSP 1.3.1 (not the newest, since I'm still waiting for an official FAR update). When I run both Kuarq bio-activity and Creature Comforts and finalize results, the first one succeeds, and the second one disappears right after finalizing it. By "disappears" I mean: bioproducts disappear from the second one and menu to start the experiment appears, then menu to finalize experiment disappears, and effectively that resets the experiment. Of course kibbal stays used up. I tried doing Creature Comforts first, then last, achieving the same result. More interestingly,  just completing both experiments (and not finalizing them) triggers the reset bug on both of them upon each finalization.

I checked logs, and the relevant part was:

[LOG 11:37:39.789] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
[LOG 11:37:39.790] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1
[LOG 11:37:42.019] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 0...
[LOG 11:37:42.019] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 0

while all experiments that complete correctly log this:

[LOG 11:37:39.789] [Experiments]: Setting FX Modules to 1...
[LOG 11:37:39.790] [Experiments]: FX Modules set: 1

In case it was a problem with Automated Science Sampler mod, I tried doing the experiment without it. I use over 100 mods, but I don't think any other mod would affect this functionality.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a known workaround besides making the trip twice?

EDIT: The bug does not always happen (when it does, however, restarting the game or even reinstalling the mod does not help). It happened to me on Minmus high orbit, but not on low orbit during my play.

I found a workaround using Automated Science Sampler mod - turning it on to make it transfer the experiment somewhere else right away protecting it from being erased (since there is around 1 second time before that happens).

Edited by Xilexio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can this be made compatible to Kerbalism?

This are the segments of the Kerbalism config which have to be taken into account:
GameData\Kerbalism\System\Science.cfg

// ============================================================================
// Add hard-drive to command pods

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[FeatureScience]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = HardDrive
  }
}

// Replace stock lab with our own

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceLab]]:NEEDS[FeatureScience]:FOR[zzzKerbalism]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleScienceLab] {}
  !MODULE[ModuleScienceConverter] {}

MODULE
  {
    name = Laboratory
    researcher = Scientist
    analysis_rate = 0.005 // 5 kbps
    ec_rate = 1.0
  }

MODULE
  {
    name = HardDrive
  }
} 

// Remove stock science data containers

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]]:NEEDS[FeatureScience]:FOR[zzzKerbalism]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer] {}
} 

// Lab module satisfy stock contracts

@Contracts:NEEDS[FeatureScience]:FOR[Kerbalism]
{
  @Base
  {
    @PART_REQUEST:HAS[#Module[ModuleScienceLab]] { @Module = Laboratory }
  }
  @Station
  {
    @PART_REQUEST:HAS[#Module[ModuleScienceLab]] { @Module = Laboratory }
  }
}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@tomf There is a bug in 1.6.0 & 1.6.1 that can lock up the parts menu in the VAB if a bulkheadProfiles isn't defined for each part. The following thread discusses it.

The following parts in this mod are missing a bulkheadProfiles definition:

./StationScience/Parts/StnSciCyclo.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment1.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment2.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment3.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment4.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment5.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciExperiment6.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciKib.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciKibJr.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciLab.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciSpectro.cfg
./StationScience/Parts/StnSciZoo.cfg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2017 at 5:45 AM, tomf said:

Contracts

Contracts to perform station science experiments in orbit around a body will appear in career mode when you have been to that body and you have unlocked (and purchased the prototype) of the experiment and labs required. To complete the missions you need to recover the capsule back on Kerbin.

I have unlocked the Plant Experiment and the TH-NKR Lab and no Contracts are popping up. I have double checked that the StnScience contracts are selected in the Contract Configurator settings. The Station Science  contracts are not showing up at all under the CC 'All' tab within Mission Control. 

Is this a simple matter of SS not being updated to work with the latest CC? I realize SS only updated to 1.4, but the mod seems to work fine otherwise in 1.6

Cheers,

On 2/21/2019 at 11:23 AM, tomf said:

Ok, I have finally got round to releasing the latest version of SS, version 2.5.2

Thanks. I am still not getting the contracts to generate.

Yz5n2vj.png

I did figure out whey I wasn't seeing any of the contracts in the All tab of Contract Configurator in Mission Control, because Station Science does not have its own contract group. 

I did, however, take a look at the config file:

Spoiler

// For a given experiment, don't offer it until the corresponding
  // listed parts have been unlocked
  experimentPrereqs
  {
    StnSciExperiment1 = StnSciExperiment1,StnSciLab
    StnSciExperiment2 = StnSciExperiment2,StnSciCyclo
    StnSciExperiment3 = StnSciExperiment3,StnSciLab,StnSciCyclo
    StnSciExperiment4 = StnSciExperiment4,StnSciLab,StnSciCyclo
    StnSciExperiment5 = StnSciExperiment5,StnSciLab,StnSciZoo
    StnSciExperiment6 = StnSciExperiment6,StnSciLab,StnSciZoo,StnSciCyclo
  }

I have definitely unlocked the correct experiments/labs for contracts to generate. Is there some other pre-req I am missing?

Cheers,

On 2/21/2019 at 6:23 PM, tomf said:

Ok, I have finally got round to releasing the latest version of SS, version 2.5.2

It should work reliably with kerbal 1.6 and also reduce the log spam.

Thanks a lot for taking the time.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, tomf said:

It should work reliably with kerbal 1.6 and also reduce the log spam.

Wonderful and thanks.  I don't know if you support CKAN or not, but CKAN is reporting the max KSP version for SSC v2.5.2 as 1.4.9.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, Brigadier said:

Wonderful and thanks.  I don't know if you support CKAN or not, but CKAN is reporting the max KSP version for SSC v2.5.2 as 1.4.9.

@tomf The .version file wasn't updated in the release bundle, it's identical to the previous release, so CKAN and KSP-AVC will both see it as compatible with older KSP, but not the current release. The .version file is up to date in the source code .zip file on github just not in the release .zip file.

17 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@tomf The .version file wasn't updated in the release bundle, it's identical to the previous release, so CKAN and KSP-AVC will both see it as compatible with older KSP, but not the current release. The .version file is up to date in the source code .zip file on github just not in the release .zip file.

Updated

One day I'll manage to perform a release without screwing up the versioning. But it wasn't this release.

5 hours ago, tomf said:

One day I'll manage to perform a release without screwing up the versioning. But it wasn't this release

No worries about that. Community would notice such things reasonable soon. At least this thing is one of easieast to fix and probably one of most tedious at the same time.
Regardless, thanks for keeping this mod alive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.