[1.8] Station Science continued (v2.6.0)

tomf

well,it's a very interesting mod.but I also have the same problems with someone who reviewed here.I dont know what the "recover" means in career.I separate the science part with my station,after it the box is still green.Then I landed it on Kerbin and recover but the mission hadnot complete.I really want to know how to solve it .thanks

14 hours ago, bookandpen said:

well,it's a very interesting mod.but I also have the same problems with someone who reviewed here.I dont know what the "recover" means in career.I separate the science part with my station,after it the box is still green.Then I landed it on Kerbin and recover but the mission hadnot complete.I really want to know how to solve it .thanks

Quick question: Is this the Retrograde Quarks mission or something else? I'm beginning to suspect that mission is bugged somehow.

Reminder:

On 3/18/2020 at 10:52 PM, firda said:

I am playing with this build: https://github.com/firdacz/StationScience/tree/firda/GameData/StationScience
navigate to branch "firda" (if the link does not already) and copy the content of the directory, or at least the dll inside "Plugins" into KSP (overwriting the old one) - this is the version I currently play with and it works for me.

The "master" branch is there for the PR in original repo (minimal, not built, I am not the creator or maintainer of this mod), "debug" branch prints some diagnostics into KSP.log
Note that I rewrote it a lot to even be able to build it and then understand how it works, so "master" is really minimal change to the original, but you would have to build it from source yourself (firda and debug are built - ready for use).

...specifically for those not getting the contract completed upon recovery. I had no other issues with the mod.

P.S.: I have seen tomf actually merging my PR (two weeks ago), so, ... maybe ... there will be a release ... maybe :)

Edited by firda

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, tomf said:

I'm afraid I don't have time to look after this mod any more so I am going to leave it in the more than capable hands of @linuxgurugamer

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded it over the years.

Thanks for the all of the development and maintenance effort you dedicated to this in the first place.  Great job.  You should be proud.

• 2 months later...

So, since the OP said he has handed off this mod to @linuxgurugamer, will there be a new thread as well? (sorry if there is and I didn't look hard enough)

I don't mean to be needy linux, as I know you have a lot on your plate already. I greatly appreciate your work (I'm a huge fan of your mods :D), but I was just curious as to the state of this particular mod.

Edited by RedBee92

7 minutes ago, RedBee92 said:

So, since the OP said he has handed off this mod to @linuxgurugamer, will there be a new thread as well? (sorry if there is and I didn't look hard enough)

I don't mean to be needy linux, as I know you have a lot on your plate already. I greatly appreciate your work (I'm a huge fan of your mods :D), but I was just curious as to the state of this particular mod.

There will, but unless I hear about any problems, it's low priority. 

56 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There will, but unless I hear about any problems, it's low priority. 

Please link it here when you create it. I don't check this subforum very often, but I am subscribed to this thread for updates on this mod, which is one of my all-time favourites.

Just an update:  I will most likely be getting out a beta in the next few days.

this beta will include the current mod with (hopefully) @firda's fix along with the following addition:

The old addon FuelScience which will include the following new/old parts:

• Experiment: Prograde Kuarqs
  • Experiment: Plant Growth
  • Experiment: Plant Growth
  • Experiment: Advanced Fuels
  • Experiment: Rocket Fuels
  • Experiment: Kuarq bio-activity
  • Experiment: Creature Comforts
  • Experiment: Eccentric Kuarqs
  • Experiment: Retrograde Kuarqs

I haven't yet merged these, so there may already be a few duplicates.  All of these, however, will be using the ModuleCostlyExperiment, which comes from another old mod Costly Science

FuelScience is coming back?! That will be awesome to see that again.
I was looking for it a few weeks back, nice to know it'll be on the cards again at some point.

Let me know if you want a beta tester at all for this. Happy to look for bugs before you release it.

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@cyberKerb What is this "FuelScience"? What makes it special?

It had some cool models, but the dropbox link goes to 404 error now. so it's been unavailable for a while. LGG must of snagged a copy prior to the link dying.

As for why it's 'special', I just like it for more things for the Kerbals to do while in orbit. 

I6wdrJHl.png

Edited by cyberKerb

Yup.  Not sure where I got it, there would have been a number of places to look.

The attachnodes are broken on them, I'm fixing them

I'll probably deprecate the original models, they are rather bland.  I'll keep them around for compatibiility, just won't be selectable in the editor

• 2 weeks later...

Would you be against a rebalance (increase) of the science rewards?  As it stands they kindof wind up feeling like a waste of time because at least for me by the time I have launched such a huge station I have already unlocked more than 1000 science and an additional 50 from plant growth or whatever feels like virtually no progress, let alone being worth the investment.

Admittedly, the fuel science modules might wind up allowing the station to generate a lot more value and go some ways to fixing the problem on their own.

I could go through the list of experiments and make a PR accordingly if you are not opposed to considering such an idea.

1 hour ago, Orothred said:

Hi, 

yesterday, I docked an experiment to my station around nmus, finalized the results, got back to Kerbin and recovered the vessel, but the corresponding Mission was not completed. Any ideas what I did wrong? 

Itconsistently happens to me as well. On one hand, I have only got the problem with the "Retrograde Quarks" contract. On the other hand, "Retrograde Quarks" contracts appear to be the only ones that generate. Do you have the same issue?

Edited by Codraroll

8 hours ago, Codraroll said:

Itconsistently happens to me as well. On one hand, I have only got the problem with the "Retrograde Quarks" contract. On the other hand, "Retrograde Quarks" contracts appear to be the only ones that generate. Do you have the same issue?

For me it happened with Retrograde Quarks and Plant growing

Edited by Orothred

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.