[Kopernicus] [1.2.2] Kluster *REVAMPED* [0.0.0]

Planetace

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BnR70ny.png

Nearly 5 Billion years ago, a small yellow star formed in a weird dense Universe. its name... Was Kerbol, and around it formed 7 planets, Moho, Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Dres, Jool and Eeloo. From her tender embrace, life would evolve, getting more and more advanced in each generation. Till a sapient species known as the kerbals came into being. Sadly, Kerbol formed in a region where stars were rare, and thus kerbalkind was stranded to their own system until FTL drives were developed.

But what if Kerbol formed in a area located inside a rich cluster of stars, a... Kluster... If you like.. And whats more... Kerbol formed with more materials to spare, producing a larger and more unique system, one that may seem strange to the normal eye.. And maybe, some planets close to home are different as well...

First off, what the heck is Kluster?

Kluster is a (sort of) old mod founded in early 2016, by me. Originally supposed to feature many systems, it quickly fell apart due to the main modder, protojeb21, had things to do in his life. Now however, I decided to revive it, and revamp it. Many planets will change, and so will the kerbol system, but many concepts will remain the same...

What can we anticipate in Kluster?

A ton of Star systems, although the first iterations would start off with barely any systems, over time this mod will grow! Another thing is a near total change to the Kerbol system, new and interesting worlds have formed around Kerbol, and with more planets, more gravitational dances have formed. An example is Duna and Kerbin, Both have been captured by a large oxygen gas giant with small rings (Yea its cliche. But come on! Its cool looking at a gas giant in the sky!.) And whats more, Duna and kerbin... Have found themselves in a eternal dance around their Parent, forever twirling around a baycenter (hopefully if it doesnt glitch.) Forever in each others sights...

Team

Spoiler

@Galacticvoyager - Planet Tester, Owner

@ProtoJeb21 - Main planet Modder, Co-Owner

@electricpants - Planet Modder

@The White Guardian - Debugger and occasional helper, not truly part of the team but I think he should be mentioned!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Planetace

13 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Hey @ProtoJeb21, are you still using the 'Galaxy' design from the old version of Kluster?

Currently, all the stars still orbit Kerbol, so no I guess.

Also, @Galacticvoyager @electricpants @StarCrusher96 what do you think about releasing a public test version when the bug with Test 2 are sorted out?

9 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Currently, all the stars still orbit Kerbol, so no I guess.

Also, @Galacticvoyager @electricpants @StarCrusher96 what do you think about releasing a public test version when the bug with Test 2 are sorted out?

Yeah, but it'll take a LONG time. Poait's planets are white, and Caybron's planets don't even show up.

1 minute ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Electric might of downloaded it wrong, also I say we wait till the kerbol system is mainly finished, revamped and rearranged.

Well first I'm going to re-do all the terrestrial planets/moons of Poait. Since I've started to get the hang of Land Control, I'm going to use it to make much better and more unique textures for the planets.

1 minute ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Well first I'm going to re-do all the terrestrial planets/moons of Poait. Since I've started to get the hang of Land Control, I'm going to use it to make much better and more unique textures for the planets.

Noice, I was thinking on giving my own ideas for the surface of Kitoail.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, EvilEmotaku said:

Hello! Random person here. I happened to stumble upon this post while binge-watching Kottabosgames. Quite like it. As it happens, this random person likes to write. Perhaps I could write some planet descriptions, as well a science descriptions. If applicable, even part descriptions! I'd be happy to help.

We're fine, however we would love suggestions however! That way, not only could you make descriptions but make planets and moons entirely without the modding parts in between!

1 hour ago, Galacticvoyager said:

We're fine, however we would love suggestions however! That way, not only could you make descriptions but make planets and moons entirely without the modding parts in between!

Oh, I see. I would need to know the main planets and their descriptions. It would be pointless for me to suggest something that you essentially have already. I look forward to the release!

45 minutes ago, EvilEmotaku said:

Oh, I see. I would need to know the main planets and their descriptions. It would be pointless for me to suggest something that you essentially have already. I look forward to the release!

The first release might come soon, we just need to improve the designs of all the rocky worlds in the Kerbol system because electricpants (main kerbol system revamper, he is the one working on the Kerbol system mainly.) Has made placeholder textures for the Rocky worlds in MS paint... Yea, no chance of putting that in the first release...

• 1 year later...

first, sorry for being such a thread reviver.

secondly, i would like to have a shot at providing textures and ideas for what planets (new or old) could use them. currently 
I only know how to make gas giant textures.

thirdly, can i give some suggestions for planets that could use my textures, if I get the honors of them being accepted? 

Edited by EndTraveler

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.