1.3 Speculation?

daniel l.

5 minutes ago, KevinW42 said:

Actually doing something with these other tabs?

So basically adding two to four additional parts to get "ore" from the ocean and atmosphere? Not much of a feature tbh.

I'm not hoping for much to change in 1.3 and in the updates after that. I'd rather see them finish this project and start a new game about kerbal aviation. With things people have been asking for since forever (MP, storyline with multiple story paths, proc. parts, etc.).

My point of view is that if they would start a new game they wouldn't have to spend so much time cleaning the code to add new features. They would have a simpler and easier game design and development plan to follow. I also feel like KSP is and always was more of a toy game. It's fun to play with but not much can be done to improve/change it (mainly due to its code and the way it was designed). Let's be honest: multiplayer and story mode will never work properly in this game.

A stock Gemini type two man capsule would be really nice and it would fill a gap in the current inventory.  And maybe if they were to introduce such a vessel, then they might consider something resembling the Gemini service module, just to make it look right.

I could live without that though, just let's have a two man capsule please.

24 minutes ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

A stock Gemini type two man capsule would be really nice and it would fill a gap in the current inventory.  And maybe if they were to introduce such a vessel, then they might consider something resembling the Gemini service module, just to make it look right.

I could live without that though, just let's have a two man capsule please.

mk2 cockpit? :P

With 100% accuracy I can predict that it will disappoint in some ways, and surprise us in others. There will likely be outrage that channel X is not supported in the Early Release program, and a mod author or two will quit over the constant "when will your mod be ready for 1.3 (not meant to rush you, just asking)" harassment. Also: CKAN drama.

Experience has taught me that vendor-created hype ("We can't tell you what it is but we're so excited about it!") pretty much fails to deliver without exception. So don't expect too much from the "super-secret" development. It's probably a new font or logo or something like that.

25 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

I speculate that 1.3 will be a patch of some sort that will be preceded by a great deal of hype and followed by claims of the game being broken.

That's not speculation. That's stating the obvious. Useless and needles hype followed be numerous flawed claims are inevitable.

On 1/8/2017 at 7:52 AM, Vinhero100 said:

Stock KER sounds great, but If there is life support I would like there to be an option for NO life support

I'm sure there would be an on/off for life support. Just like there is for a lot of the stuff introduced in 1.2......

On 1/8/2017 at 9:41 PM, Atubara said:

Oh dear if they have life support for the next major imagine the trailer. Usually kerbals die in those trailers, and they usually die because of an accident involving a rocket. I'm a huge fan of dark humour, and I would love to see what kind of trailer SQUAD would put out for life support!

Kerbals look at displays, see fuel is low. They're on a interplanetary trip, but they have enough to get home. Jeb and Bob look over to see Bill, snack bags floating everywhere, and he's stuffed to the brim with snacks.

1 hour ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Kerbals look at displays, see fuel is low. They're on a interplanetary trip, but they have enough to get home. Jeb and Bob look over to see Bill, snack bags floating everywhere, and he's stuffed to the brim with snacks.

Oh my kod... You aren't suggesting... :o

Addition of OPM and IPM, Jool System Tweaks and Eve System Revamp Lite, Xen's Planet Collection, and some bodies from my system concept (Usta, around the Sun near Dres, Klip, a Callisto analog around Jool, Cobb, a Proteus analog around Neidon, Onor/Yuppo, an NKO, and Naal, a Haumea analog past Plock-Karen.) Oh wait I forgot about End

Also, the parts from the NecroBones Suite, and DMagic Orbital Science.

Edited by Interplanet Janet

BIGGER LANDING LEGS PLS.

Alright seriously. More parts. Yes an art overhaul would be nice and no there will not be stock KER. Squad wants people to do the calculations on their own rather than implement that sort of stuff as readouts like mass and ISP. However, I think we need more parts more than anything else.

Fire

Edited by Firemetal

One last thing I would like to see if deployable Science equipment, such as The Solar Wind Composition Experiment during Apollo 11. Instead of having just 2 reasons to go out of your ship - to Get Surface sample and place a flag - you would also be able to place down scientific experiments, either by placing them on the ground or by right- clicking on the kerbal to "Plant scientific Package". Sorta like how you place a flag.

My guess is no 1.3, just 2.0

A galaxy, procedurally generated, a'la Frontier.

Full n-body orbital mechanics.

Life support, colonization.

Alien life, ecology, terraformation.

Superior graphics.

Black holes, neutron stars, supernovas.

Macromanagement / strategy - fleets, swarms, periodic transports, self-,managing colonies.

Optional massive multiplayer. Also single player with CPU competitors (a'la Railroad Tycoon).

Space program with ambitious goals; space race, saving of the species, migration of kerbalkind, conquest of the galaxy.

Early gameplay wouldn't be much different from current, but the part tree would extend twice as long, and possibly twice as broad, with nodes of 1mln science at the end, with goals, possibilities and scale growing accordingly (so that the 1mln science nodes would NOT be a hopeless grind...)

3 hours ago, Sharpy said:

My guess is no 1.3, just 2.0

A galaxy, procedurally generated, a'la No Man's Sky.

Infinite number of combinations does not mean any of them are remotely fun. My current gripe with the game is that it it obvious I'm chasing a dice roll, not a space program.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.