Eve SSTO: any possible ways?

Reusables

Sweet, any chance of a craft file? Would like to drop MJ on it and find out how much dv it had, (i could hand calculate it but i don't recognise one of the nosecones so, uh, yeah). EDIT: Managed to rebuild it in Sandbox, (i think), MJ says 5kps of dv.

Edited by Carl

10 hours ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

Wow.  That's actually a fairly compact vessel.  I'm more than just impressed...

Thanks! I'm surprised, too. Did not think it's possible with the increased pressure.

15 minutes ago, Carl said:

Sweet, any chance of a craft file? Would like to drop MJ on it and find out how much dv it had, (i could hand calculate it but i don't recognise one of the nosecones so, uh, yeah).

I'm not at my computer right now, but it's really easy to build:

"small nose cone"

Mk1 command pod (empty monopropellant!)

C7 brand adapter

Mk3 to 2,5m adapter

Mk3 to 3,75m adapter

S3 7200 tank

S3 14400 tank

Mammoth engine

I would be interested to see those data too! :)

Got 4.168kps of dv using that configuration. (on eve surface at 7.5km altitude).

p.s you don't have a tutorial on how to place stuff on that mountaintop with the debug menu do you? That menu confuses me.

Edited by Carl

49 minutes ago, Carl said:

Got 4.168kps of dv using that configuration. (on eve surface at 7.5km altitude).

p.s you don't have a tutorial on how to place stuff on that mountaintop with the debug menu do you? That menu confuses me.

Thanks! Do you have the twr too?

You can't land using the debug tool, you will need to install hyper edit and use the ship lander function.

Thankfully @Stratzenblitz75 posted these coordinates on reddit: -25, -158.45

If your ship jumps or explodes on landing, set the altitude to 10 or higher.

If it brakes apart on hyperedit landing, use alt F12 menu and activate unbreakable joints until the ship is resting on the ground.

1 hour ago, Wcmille said:

Maybe the answer is to have Mountain refueling stations that service an SSTO and suborbital planes that can shuttle travelers from the mountain to anywhere on the surface (and back).

That is a solution I was thinking about too, but I want to keep this as autonomous as possible :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.