• 0
Fireheart318

Why does the camera have a seizure whenever I crash

Question

Whenever I completely destroy my current vessel the camera shakes wildly. It stops when I zoom out and view the area from above. I've been able to reproduce this with mods as well as a fresh 1.2.2 install. Can I have some help? TiA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

It's a known bug(feature tm).
The camera is flickering between external and internal perspectives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Fireheart318

I've seen this before and from what I can tell it has to do with the camera following the root part or the pod with kerbals in it. If that part gets thrown/spun violently after a crash, the camera experiences similar effects while trying to track/follow it.

I could be completely wrong but having had this problem myself, it's just my best guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Gianni1122 said:

@Fireheart318

I've seen this before and from what I can tell it has to do with the camera following the root part or the pod with kerbals in it. If that part gets thrown/spun violently after a crash, the camera experiences similar effects while trying to track/follow it.

I could be completely wrong but having had this problem myself, it's just my best guess.

Except it happens when the part is destroyed and it seems to be clipping in and out of the terrain. I don't know if you've ever used the mod but remember how the spherical hoverpads in Kerbal Foundries would sometimes "detach" from the rest of the craft and mess up physics? It's sorta like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

remember how the spherical hoverpads in Kerbal Foundries would sometimes "detach" from the rest of the craft and mess up physics?

Sorry, I'm not familiar. There are options for "camera wobble" (or something like that) in the settings. Might be worth it to try adjusting those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Gianni1122 said:

Sorry, I'm not familiar. There are options for "camera wobble" (or something like that) in the settings. Might be worth it to try adjusting those.

Set to zero. Still happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.