In Flight Saving?

I just downloaded a bunch of mods and started a new Science World, and I launched a small laboratory into orbit. The launch was successful, and I detached my final upper stage. I did some experiments, and transmitted the science back to the KSC. I was going to then go back to the space center to unlock some more parts. However, I was stopped by a alert that said, If I was to go back to the KSC my game would not be saved past the point where I launched the laboratory. I could have done a quick-save, but loading would just take me back up to "in-flight" mode, with no way of going back to the space center without losing my science, orbit, and my save.

I've done heavily-modded science worlds before, and I could always go back to the tracking station/ Space Center, when my Vessel was in orbit. Does anybody know if I can go back to the KSC without reverting to a "pre-launch save"?

(Sorry, I still haven't been playing that much Modded KSP yet.)

Normally that only happens when you are in the atmosphere or you are accelerating in space. 

When you want to go back to the spacecenter, you need to land and stop or splashdown. When in space, you need to make sure you have no engines running. Somethings you spacecraft accelerates due turning, because the center of mass is moving. Yep kerbal physics :) so stopping your rotation can also help.

If none of the above is the problem, I think you should upload your savefile so we can reproduce it. 

1 hour ago, DrLicor said:

Normally that only happens when you are in the atmosphere or you are accelerating in space. 

When you want to go back to the spacecenter, you need to land and stop or splashdown. When in space, you need to make sure you have no engines running. Somethings you spacecraft accelerates due turning, because the center of mass is moving. Yep kerbal physics :) so stopping your rotation can also help.

If none of the above is the problem, I think you should upload your savefile so we can reproduce it. 

Thanks for the help! I had a mod that changed the dynamics of stored RCS Fuel, I figured that may have been changing the weight in a weird way. So, I uninstalled it and I can go back to the Space Center just fine now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.