Bring back the beta!

Ever since the 1.1 update, version 0.90 has been absent from the KSP store. This may not sound like a big problem, and frankly it's not, but (as far as I can tell) there's no reason not to bring it back. Some reasons for it, however, are an alternative physics system, infinigliders (which are very fun), no re-entry heating (which can be done in cheats and settings but it's on by default there), ion gliders, and just the ability to experience a piece of the past firsthand.

21 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Yeah but which version? Squad released so many betas to ensure that 1.0 was free of bugs, had properly balanced aero and was well worthy of the 1.0 title, after all.

I believe you are mistaken, there was only 1 beta version, that being 0.90. If your referring to alpha as I did above, then that's 0.7.3-0.25. There were updates to the release versions (1.0.0 and later), but they were while the game was in the 'released' status, and not beta. Hence why .90 was called 'Beta Than Ever'.

52 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Squad released so many betas to ensure that 1.0 was free of bugs, had properly balanced aero and was well worthy of the 1.0 title, after all.

L

O

L

Edit: also, yeah, there was only 1 Beta (0.90) and a whole lotta patches to fix the mess that was 1.0.

Edited by Gaarst

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

Yeah but which version? Squad released so many betas to ensure that 1.0 was free of bugs, had properly balanced aero and was well worthy of the 1.0 title, after all.

I call Poe!

Nobody who went through the rapid aero changes of 1.0 - 1.0.4 could possibly make this statement with sincerity :) 

Nearly had me though :P 

6 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I believe you are mistaken, there was only 1 beta version, that being 0.90. If your referring to alpha as I did above, then that's 0.7.3-0.25. There were updates to the release versions (1.0.0 and later), but they were while the game was in the 'released' status, and not beta. Hence why .90 was called 'Beta Than Ever'.

You might want to check your sarcasm-o-meter. It might need calibration...

5 hours ago, Kerbart said:

You might want to check your sarcasm-o-meter. It might need calibration...

I may be autistic and miss social cues but that original post had nothing sarcastic or otherwise rhetorical in nature. The way it was written to me suggested logical intent. Maybe consider rephrasing.

On 2017-01-12 at 4:35 PM, eddiew said:

Nobody who went through the rapid aero changes of 1.0 - 1.0.4 could possibly make this statement with sincerity :) 

Aero changed in KSP 0.90 and 1.0.5 as well.  Seven major aero and thermal changes in a row was just too much for @FlowerChild to balance one more time and the last version of BTSM released to date was for KSP 1.0.4.  Which won't work properly under 1.0.5 (will be in places too easy or too hard).  Can't really blame FC because those 1.0 subversion changes were at times crazy.

Edited by Jacke

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.