If I were to go to another Solar System with planets, which planet pack is the best>

JacobJHC

I plan on flying to another solar system, find a planet with a low gravity moon (comparable to Minmus or Gilly), land on said moon, and then come back. I already know an ok planet pack but I want to know if there are any other great ones I am missing.

Edited by JacobJHC

1 hour ago, Spricigo said:

Maybe you should give some more info about why you are considering a different solar system. Toy Solar System and Real Solar System are quite different.

Thanks for replying. I plan on flying to another solar system, find a planet with a low gravity moon (comparable to Minmus or Gilly), land on said moon, and then come back. I already know an ok planet pack but I want to know if there are any other great ones I am missing.

Still not enough info. What else are you looking for? Few Celestial bodies or plenty of? KSC in a kerbin-like planet, or more challenging one, or more easy one? Celestial bodies in almost in the same and circular orbit plane or wild variety of inclination and eccentricity? Close packed celestial bodies or big gaps in between?

Since you have a ok mod in mind , maybe say why you like it and let people compare with other options.

11 minutes ago, JacobJHC said:

Additional

Cool. I haven't explored that yet...the travel times would have to be phenomenal. I'll be excited to follow this thread and see what suggestions come up.

13 hours ago, Tyko said:

Cool. I haven't explored that yet...the travel times would have to be phenomenal. I'll be excited to follow this thread and see what suggestions come up.

Ive travelled to other systems that come as mods. It just needs a load of fuel (upwards of 6000m/s for the transfer).

Ion engines are a must for a good flight there and back. Reentry is a no straight from the other star

Edited by RA3236

3 hours ago, RA3236 said:

Ive travelled to other systems that come as mods. It just needs a load of fuel (upwards of 6000m/s for the transfer).

Ion engines are a must for a good flight there and back. Reentry is a no straight from the other star

how long does the trip take?

1 hour ago, RA3236 said:

It depends. Using warp drives makes it a five hour real life trip, otherwise up to four hundred in game years can be expected. Bring along that time warp mod.

Thanks for your help, if I may ask (I know it's unrelated) but do you use CKAN? I can't add installs so I can't properly install the mods I want to use to get out there. Thanks.

1 hour ago, JacobJHC said:

Thanks for your help, if I may ask (I know it's unrelated) but do you use CKAN? I can't add installs so I can't properly install the mods I want to use to get out there. Thanks.

There should be an Add Installs or select thingy in the File or something tabs at the top. It's a bit finicky. Once your in that screen press Add Install and find your KSP folder, then select it and press Set As Default.

Look-up the Galactic Neighborhood mod and choose from its list of supported solar system mods to install along with it. Also make sure that the solar system you use is up to date. 

By the way, what is this okay planet pack you already have in mind? 

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Look-up the Galactic Neighborhood mod and choose from its list of supported solar system mods to install along with it. Also make sure that the solar system you use is up to date. 

By the way, what is this okay planet pack you already have in mind? 

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Ah, that one. Looks like a good choice. I guess you use KSP 1.1. I'm seeing comments that it doesn't work well right now in KSP 1.2.

Funny you say that. I also have the Outer Planets Mod installed and this is the issue I am facing..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.