Hello fellow Kerbonauts!!

Raphaello

Hello all,

Writing my first post after lurking for a while. I bought the game shortly after 1.2 release and I've been enjoying it so much since then. I've done some tutorials, watched youtubers and still playing the same career game from the very start. I have visited Duna and Ike and now planning a second visit to Moho to further study it's anomalies and sinkholes. Some screenshots so far:

Making a photo of a Kerbal standing on a rock is not that simple :) Science hopper able to produce fuel was used to farm science on both Mun and Minmus

8iU6j0A.jpg

Happy team on Duna. They managed to land even though one leg was not added in VAB

5gDiHfV.jpg

Sunshine on Moho

FMD4Fy6.jpg

I'm currently sending mining VTOL bus to Moho to support the second mission there:

i46WLbH.jpg

I am really amazed by the community that has grown around the game. I really hope Squad will be working on the game for a couple more years.

Easy launches and safe landings!!

Edited by Raphaello
putting pics directly into post

Lesson of the day: trying ejecting towards Moho (or any other planet, I guess) and staging in the middle of the burn does not really work well if your stages have very different TWR (2 Rhinos vs 7 atoms). I gave up after 3 tries.

I have found a more efficient ejection burn (using TWP) and now my Kerbilots are flying towards Moho. Looking forward to using NERV to enter the orbit there.

Putting images into the post is really simple :D

hopefully Nervs are enough to insert into an orbit...

PoHzCrf.jpg

EDIT: after 26 minutes long burn the bus is on a nice 20km circular orbit. 500dV left for nerv, rest will come from vertical engines.

Edited by Raphaello

Closing the topic: miner has successfully landed on Moho (much easier than I expected) and started mining.

YjXl5aw.jpg

ypJrgWq.jpg

6lMIcNx.jpg

Lesson learnt: building VTOL using only stock parts is possible but it's hard to operate it without AGX and ModActions (or specialized VTOL mods).

• 4 weeks later...