Beep.... Beeep. "Ahgtuibd"...

-Jeb, you hear this?

-Yes, that is this?...

-I'm don't know...

-"Ufgherty"

-Oh my god... OH MY GOD!!!

Continued...

5 hours ago, LetsGeiloLp said:

Well RIP my 16Gb  ram.I mean i could only blame my other mods but when its loading in the planets i can  see the ram usage skyrocketing from 3 to 12gb. Can you maybe optimize it? I want all of the planets

0.7 will be as 'optimized' as possible for 1.3. Guess you're using the 1.2.2 version on 1.2.2?

During its surveys of Blalo, the K.I.X. seems to have uncovered an anomaly around the Giant Impact Peak. As a response, scientists created the KSS Anomalous to scout the area out. Carrying highly valuable cargo, it has departed from Kerbin orbit, and is expected to reach Blalo in a couple days...

screenshot1177.png?dl=1

Want to see what 0.7 is going to bring? Keep reading and find out!

Spoiler

In honor of the Great American Eclipse, the KSS Team has decided to grant you the ability to see some of the stuff in 0.7! And since @StarCrusher96 is doing work right now, I've been tasked with giving you a list of what to see!

• Kerbol System
    • Chur - An analogue of comet Churyumov Gerasimenko
    • Thes - A Proteus analogue
    • Nian - A Titania analogue
    • Ilum - a moon of Hypat
    • Nyla has been turned into an analogue of Nereid
    • Kerbin gets a new texture
      • The new texture looks like stock Kerbin, but has different features like mountain ranges, volcanoes, etc.
    • A bunch of retextures!
  • Kerolon System
    • Completed Kerolon System
    • Etim - Scorched rocky world
    • Retextured Ceth
    • Retextured Hetoo
      • Clorum - Moon of Hetoo
    • Olve - Moon of Rilna
    • Isen - Another moon of Rilna
    • Aquel gets a set of rings
      • An asteroid moon
      • Nil 
      • Mer
    • Retextured Mesmo
      • Iave - Pol-like moon of Mesmo
      • A subsatellite around one of the moons
      • More moons! Still InDev
    • Retextured Lyrne
      • Tesyl - Trytho-like moon of Lyrne
      • More moons InDev!
  • Planet around The All
  • A Rogue Planet
  • Visual Improvements
    • Uses current version of EVE instead of the old one
    • Make sure to look closely at the gas giants (phys-warp helps)
  • More sciencedefs!
    • Tylo
    • Vall
    • Minmus
    • Eeloo
    • Voon
    • Laho
    • Oran
    • Naal
    • Kel
    • Hypat
    • Kirb, Kelin, Kernim
    • Blalo
    • Narath
    • Taythe
    • Ilve
    • Mirn
    • More to come!
  • A bunch of new stars!
    • These stars will act as "gravity walls" to make travel a bit more difficult
    • These stars will have no planets, but some are made to be compatible with other mods
    • Kerman's Star
    • Kilise
    • Kiro
    • Kerlanes
    • More to come!
  • Lore
    • Basic implementation of the Lore using custom sciencedefs
    • The player will need to use a part to go and find these fragments of the story
    • Look for the black pyramids!
  • Compatibility with more mods!
    • When a compatible planet pack is installed with KSS, the planets will move to a new star
    • GPP will move around Kiro
    • GPO will move around Kilise
    • OPM will move around Kerlanes
    • More planet pack compatibility planned for the future!
  • A bunch of bug fixes!

Now for spoilers!

Spoiler

Chur

Chur.jpg?dl=1

New Mesmo

Mesmo-0.png?dl=1

Iave

Iave_INDEV.png?dl=1

Isen

Isen.png?dl=1

The revamped Kerbin

screenshot33.png?dl=1

The black pyramids you need to look for

screenshot29.png?dl=1

The new science part! Currently, it requires DMagic's Science Mod to work, but we're going to get it to be standalone

3C1kB2y.jpg?dl=1

Data revealed by the K.I.X. during experiments over the Nova Kirbani planets

BlaloInSpaceHigh = It looks a lot like Kerbin. Blalo could definitely be a new home for kerbalkind.

NarathInSpaceLow = Narath seems to be tidally locked to Kernim, meaning that only one side faces the star at all times. That limits the amount of the surface that is actually habitable.

TaytheInSpaceHigh = It seems Taythe has smaller continents than Kerbin. It has a lot of islands, meaning that the life may be isolated and varied.

And the data collected after the KSS Anomalous landed on Blalo

28. Over time, they began to consume the resources of worlds outside their own system, exploring far and wide and studying every planet or moon they found in their stellar neighborhood. 

The last thing the KSS Team wants to announce is that we are working on a HUGE project for you guys, and it'll be released alongside 0.7. It's so big, it's been in development since March and still isn't finished :P

Edited by TheSpacePotato

Hello! First of all, I wanted to thank you for making such a great mod. The screenshots look absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to try it! However, there is a big, big problem: I tried to install this mod about 2 months ago, but (sadly) the game would get stuck on the loading screen; it must have something to do with my modest 4Gb of RAM - which can barely handle the ~30 mods I have already installed. But (and I'm being completely honest here) I decided this mod was the perfect excuse to, at last, buy some more sweet memory for my humble laptop.

The readme file mentions "at least" 8Gb, and since I guess this estimate doesn't take into account the RAM that can be used by other mods, I have to ask: do you think an extra 4Gb (for a total of 8) would be enough, or should I aim for 12?

Adicionally, would I need to employ the "orbit glitch fix" every time I load a save, or am I only "required" to do so on the first startup?

Sorry for the long-ass post, but I want to make sure I fully understand these topics before investing on more memory :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

Hello! First of all, I wanted to thank you for making such a great mod. The screenshots look absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to try it! However, there is a big, big problem: I tried to install this mod about 2 months ago, but (sadly) the game would get stuck on the loading screen; it must have something to do with my modest 4Gb of RAM - which can barely handle the ~30 mods I have already installed. But (and I'm being completely honest here) I decided this mod was the perfect excuse to, at last, buy some more sweet memory for my humble laptop.

The readme file mentions "at least" 8Gb, and since I guess this estimate doesn't take into account the RAM that can be used by other mods, I have to ask: do you think an extra 4Gb (for a total of 8) would be enough, or should I aim for 12?

Adicionally, would I need to employ the "orbit glitch fix" every time I load a save, or am I only "required" to do so on the first startup?

Sorry for the long-ass post, but I want to make sure I fully understand these topics before investing on more memory :rolleyes:

thx for the compliment :wink:

Well I'd say 12 is always better than 8. But that's up to you. 0.7 will be modular, so people with low RAM will be able to install parts of KSS and will be able to enjoy all the star systems. Orbital glitches should be fixed in 0.7 and the fix needs to be applied each time your orbits are messed up. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

thx for the compliment :wink:

Well I'd say 12 is always better than 8. But that's up to you. 0.7 will be modular, so people with low RAM will be able to install parts of KSS and will be able to enjoy all the star systems. Orbital glitches should be fixed in 0.7 and the fix needs to be applied each time your orbits are messed up. 

0.7 will be only for KSP 1.3, right?

22 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

0.7 will be only for KSP 1.3, right?

Yes, but 1.3.1 is very close and Squad has said to look out for a release date any day now. So I would expect 0.7 to be for that version. Also, if you can afford it, go for 16. I'd argue that 16 is the minimum requirement for mods like this. 12 would be fine if you were running JUST this mod, but if you want to even sniff EVE, Scatterer, any part mods, or any other number of mods, 16 will be needed. I ran this mod the other day and was hitting between 10-11gb without any other mods.

31 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes, but 1.3.1 is very close and Squad has said to look out for a release date any day now. So I would expect 0.7 to be for that version. Also, if you can afford it, go for 16. I'd argue that 16 is the minimum requirement for mods like this. 12 would be fine if you were running JUST this mod, but if you want to even sniff EVE, Scatterer, any part mods, or any other number of mods, 16 will be needed. I ran this mod the other day and was hitting between 10-11gb without any other mods.

Meh, my GPU isn't good enough to run visual mods without dramatically dropping frames, and I don't think I could afford that much RAM (I'd have to buy two cards instead of one)... guess I'll just wait for 0.7 and see.

8 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Want to see what 0.7 is going to bring? Keep reading and find out!

The last thing the KSS Team wants to announce is that we are working on a HUGE project for you guys, and it'll be released alongside 0.7. It's so big, it's been in development since March and still isn't finished :P

I wonder what it is... :wink:

Well, whatever it may be, it's going to be revealed by the end of September (at the latest) along with the official release of Version 0.7

So get the hype train rolling!

1 hour ago, Scotskerb said:

Could you maybe give Eve its purple color back? It doesn't feel quite right if Eve isn't purple. I mean, you even had Jool keep its greenness.

Sorry, all the custom sciencedefs written for Eve (as well as its new description) center on Eve being yellow.

It would take a lot of work and extra time (which would be better spent on other projects we're working on) to rewrite all of that.

On the plus side, there's a purple colored Eve-like moon called Sern in KSS, if you really wanted something purple :P

Edited by Greatness101

On 8/19/2017 at 9:32 AM, TheSpacePotato said:

During its surveys of Blalo, the K.I.X. seems to have uncovered an anomaly around the Giant Impact Peak. As a response, scientists created the KSS Anomalous to scout the area out. Carrying highly valuable cargo, it has departed from Kerbin orbit, and is expected to reach Blalo in a couple days...

screenshot1177.png?dl=1

Wait, the ship just departed Kerbin orbit, and is expected to reach Blalo in a couple of days.... and it takes light half a day to reach Nova Kirbani...

You've got yourself quite a fast ship :P

On 22.08.2017 at 0:12 AM, Galileo said:

I'm using 4 GB RAM, lol :D
And I'm enjoying FULL KSS with the graphics)

37 minutes ago, Artem Kerman said:

I'm using 4 GB RAM, lol :D
And I'm enjoying FULL KSS with the graphics)

post your logs, because I sincerely doubt that.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

Wait, the ship just departed Kerbin orbit, and is expected to reach Blalo in a couple of days.... and it takes light half a day to reach Nova Kirbani...

You've got yourself quite a fast ship :P

Think it should be a couple of years :P

9 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

Could you maybe give Eve its purple color back? It doesn't feel quite right if Eve isn't purple. I mean, you even had Jool keep its greenness.

The other thing to consider is that KSS has focused its design intent on replicating the look and feel of the real world star systems and various heavenly bodies. This extends itself to not only how most of the planets and moons look like in terms of textures and colours as well as shapes, but also to how various star systems are set up. @StarCrusher96, myself, @Greatness101 and @TheSpacePotato have repeatedly referenced and used real world items to draw inspiration from throughout the development phases. Though not all items in the Kerbol system reflect this (Jool as you pointed out), the vast majority of what you'll find greatly reflects the actual solar system we live in, albeit while still maintaining a certain degree of artistic license.
I can understand how not having something you've come accustomed to (such as a purple Eve) can be off-putting, but @StarCrusher96 and the rest of us have put in some time and effort at producing what we believe will be (and is) one of the best, if not the best planet pack out there available for KSP and will redefine the planet pack standard hence forth, and our hope is that whatever is ''lost'' from the changes we bring will be more than overcome by everything else KSS brings to the game. We're constantly working at improving it in every way. We're a small group of very dedicated individuals, some of us with and some of us without talent... :P but you can be sure KSS, when fully done, is gonna be like nothing else. 

Anyways, just some food for thought! Thanks for your comments and feedback.