[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

15 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Due to unprofessional work of one of the contributors. KSS clouds are taken down and will be reconstructed without violating any licenses. Scatterer-/configs are still available. 

This happened without me (Starcrusher96) knowing it and I want to apologize to the rightful owners for 'using' your textures. The person who did this doesn't want to understand how licenses work and is apparently known for using licensed textures, he is removed from contributing to KSS.

Interesting. Wait, if we(I) already have the textures downloaded what should we(I) do?

1 minute ago, Saltshaker said:

Interesting. Wait, if we(I) already have the textures downloaded what should we(I) do?

Best thing would be removing KSS_Clouds from the KSS folder. But for the time being I can't force everybody to remove it.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Just an FYI, but at least with the mods I had set up, I noticed that the KSS parts weren't showing up in the VAB/SPH. When I looked at the KSP logs for compiling parts, it looked like the community tech tree stuff that the parts were trying to reach out to didn't match what I had. Not sure if this is a 1.3.1 thing, or if the CommunityTechTree I'm getting from KSPI conflicts with the version required for KSS, but if anyone else has this issue, you can gain access to the parts by just deleting the KSS_CTT.cfg file from the KSS parts folder.

1 hour ago, Zero132132 said:

Just an FYI, but at least with the mods I had set up, I noticed that the KSS parts weren't showing up in the VAB/SPH. When I looked at the KSP logs for compiling parts, it looked like the community tech tree stuff that the parts were trying to reach out to didn't match what I had. Not sure if this is a 1.3.1 thing, or if the CommunityTechTree I'm getting from KSPI conflicts with the version required for KSS, but if anyone else has this issue, you can gain access to the parts by just deleting the KSS_CTT.cfg file from the KSS parts folder.

Thanks, now I can send probes instead of Kerbals (using TAC LS)

@Saltshaker Are you using KSPI-E also?

@Zero132132 i can't imagine why this can even be a thing. They're just parts and they should appear everywhere that they should (in the stock tech nodes if KSPI-E is installed KSPI-E expands the stock tech tree into a form of CTT but does not legitimately install it. I've placed KSS (just the parts) and KSPI-E in a clean install (no CTT) and I see no problem.

@JadeOfMaar I copied the file back in to produce the error again. I'll copy the relevant bits from the log file here:

[LOG 23:12:00.219] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSS/Parts/Communication/commDish101-101/commDish101'
[ERR 23:12:00.225] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'largeUnmanned' was not found.

[LOG 23:12:00.231] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSS/Parts/Communication/HG-10/HighGainAntenna10'
[ERR 23:12:00.233] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'largeUnmanned' was not found.

[LOG 23:12:00.238] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSS/Parts/Communication/RA-777/RelayAntenna777'
[ERR 23:12:00.240] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'largeUnmanned' was not found.

[LOG 23:12:00.245] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSS/Parts/Engines/PlasmaEngine/PlasmaEngine/PlasmaEngine'
[ERR 23:12:00.247] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'improvedNuclearPropulsion' was not found.

[LOG 23:12:00.377] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KSS/Parts/Science/fragmentomnikience/fragmentomnikience'
[ERR 23:12:00.379] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'artificialIntelligence' was not found.

Since these were specifically the parts mentioned in the KSS_CTT.cfg file, and the arguments listed were from the same file, I figured that file might be causing the problem, so I deleted it and everything loaded fine, just (presumably) associated with the stock tech tree nodes instead of the CTT ones. No idea why it's happening. Was the clean install in 1.3.1? Might be one of the other mods I have, as well. I'm using a mishmash of mods compiled for 1.3 and 1.3.1. I used the 1.3.1 version of Kopernicus instead of the recommended one, since others were saying it still worked and would ignore certain wonky values that might cause issues in 1.3.1. I also used KSPI 1.16.0.0 even though it's listed as a beta, but I updated the 'Patch Manager' thing separately since the version in that file said it didn't work on 1.3.1.

No other parts had the 'requested value X not found' bit that apparently caused it to fail to compile. I can look around in the logs more if you want, or send them to you. Initially, I just wanted to mention that I found a quickfix, in case anyone else had the same issue.

@Zero132132 I prepared those parts in KSP 1.3.0 and met no problem. My clean install was indeed in 1.3.1 so there must be another mod causing this very odd interference. Share your output_log and your ModuleManager.ConfigCache. (Don't directly paste their contents onto the forum, that's very bad.)

I’m on 1.3.0, did the fix Zero132132 suggested (delete CTT.cfg) and is working fine (even on a heavily modded save)

Also, will part 2/the corresponding systems be backwards compatible with 1.3.0? If not that’s fine, just want to know.

36 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

I’m on 1.3.0, did the fix Zero132132 suggested (delete CTT.cfg) and is working fine (even on a heavily modded save)

Also, will part 2/the corresponding systems be backwards compatible with 1.3.0? If not that’s fine, just want to know.

There is no difference between 1.3 or 1.3.1 when it comes to the planets. So it doesn’t matter if you use KSS on 1.3 or 1.3.1.

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

There is no difference between 1.3 or 1.3.1 when it comes to the planets. So it doesn’t matter if you use KSS on 1.3 or 1.3.1.

Ok good, so I won’t have to wait an ungodly amount of time to get to Kerolon/other part 2 stuff (waiting for mod to update to 1.3.1, but apparently I won’t have to wait)

6 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

Ok good, so I won’t have to wait an ungodly amount of time to get to Kerolon/other part 2 stuff (waiting for mod to update to 1.3.1, but apparently I won’t have to wait)

You can already start building a interstellar transport vessel :wink:

8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@AR3S_TGL

Some of the shaders look black in Dx11/OpenGl. I can’t fix this and can only advice to use the normal shaders and settings provided by KSS.

Ohh. Look at scatterer configs in the RSS Constellation mod.

Edited by Davian Lin