[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

17 hours ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Ah, thanks. I never played with KSS (so sorry) because my PC won't handle it. Planning to do so, though.

Same here... I only have 4 Gb of RAM (which can handle my relatively big modpack quite well), but I'm looking forward to the 0.7 version. Apparently it will be modular and further optimized, so I'm trying to figure out if some extra 4 Gb will do the job. I can only hope so at this point!

If possible, I'll take it a step further and start a new career playthrough with my current modpack + KSS (obviously) + ResearchBodies + DeepFreeze.

18 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Same here... I only have 4 Gb of RAM (which can handle my relatively big modpack quite well), but I'm looking forward to the 0.7 version. Apparently it will be modular and further optimized, so I'm trying to figure out if some extra 4 Gb will do the job. I can only hope so at this point!

If possible, I'll take it a step further and start a new career playthrough with my current modpack + KSS (obviously) + ResearchBodies + DeepFreeze.

Same here, a pain to have 4GB because i can't play BK aswell :( 

Sulph

Sulph_0.7.jpg?dl=1

Spoiler

Sulph is the second and most exotic moon of the Mirn System. Unlike moons like Laho or Taythe, Sulph's seas and oceans are comprised of water mixed with sulfuric acid rather than normal water or methane.

Sulph's appearance has been described by many Kerbal scientists to be like "a big yellow balloon". It is special because Sulph's oceans are full of sulfuric acid rising from the lower regions of the moon and from the occasional precipitation. It has also maintained a temperature that allows a "sulfur cycle" rather than water. Because of this, Sulph has developed clouds with high quantities of sulfur.

Sulph's surface consists mostly of large, flat plains dotted with massive mountainous regions. Most of these mountainous regions are covered in a sulfur "snow", which can occasionally melt into sulfuric acid, forming the common rivers seen on the surface. Because it doesn't have enough sulfuric acid, most of the land on Sulph is connected, making travelling via rover possible.

Looks like some good planets there. :)

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

We're almost there (0.7)

Revamped Kerolon System

PlanetMoons.png?dl=1

*K.S.S. Kolony on it's way to the planet-sized moon of Mesmo: Ernes.

Those are some good looking planets. :) Have you added clouds to Mesmo?

Nice progress you're making here, too. Just don't go too fast - or else you may miss a bug or something. :wink:

15 hours ago, EricL said:

Those are some good looking planets. :) Have you added clouds to Mesmo?

Nice progress you're making here, too. Just don't go too fast - or else you may miss a bug or something. :wink:

Clouds for gas giants aren't going to be custom clouds you'd see on EVE, but rather an effect that is actually a feature of EVE. It basically gives the clouds a bit of an animation.

And trust me, @StarCrusher96 has been working on 0.7 since May, and the KSS Team has been using testing versions to look for those bugs, so 0.7 should be (hopefully!) mostly bug free :)

Edited by TheSpacePotato

23 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

We're almost there (0.7)

Revamped Kerolon System

-image snipped due to being quoted 5 times in a row!-

*K.S.S. Kolony on it's way to the planet-sized moon of Mesmo: Ernes.

Nice tanks. :wink: And I see you're not afraid of that engine's heat. But the most interesting part for me is (are?) those tiny landers? What are their dV and surface gee limits?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Nice tanks. :wink: And I see you're not afraid of that engine's heat. But the most interesting part for me is (are?) those tiny landers? What are their dV and surface gee limits?

At the moment they're just designed as 'escape pods' in case something goes wrong, meaning 4 of the 75 crewmembers can escape :P 

I plan to dock 2 spaceplanes to it :) and keep 2 escape pods.

Edited by StarCrusher96