[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

24 minutes ago, Redleg1 said:

Has anyone tried this mod with Sigma Dimensions?  If so did it work for you?  I was unable to get it to work.

There will be custom SD configs for KSS in the future.

It should be able to work even without custom configs, though.

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

If kopernicus updates to 1.3.1, KSS  will follow. So probably yes. I plan to add an update for part 1 as well.

Kopernicus has updated to 1.3.1, all you have to do(i think) is remove all of your "isHomeworld" lines, whether false or true.

7 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Kopernicus has updated to 1.3.1, all you have to do(i think) is remove all of your "isHomeworld" lines, whether false or true.

You don’t have to remove it, kopernicus just won’t read that line anymore. No changes are necessary. There is a bug with the stock sun flares though. Squad changed how they are implemented and kopernicus hasn’t implemented a fix for users to change them. I fix is forthcoming and no changes will be needed once the next kopernicus is released.

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Galileo

Do the flares change visually or is it just the implemetation that changed?

I don’t know exactly. I haven’t used 1.3.1 yet. I was just told that by one of the kopernicus devs on my discord. No changes will be necessary as the upcoming version with should fix any issues with 1.3.1

On 10/6/2017 at 6:39 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

The screenshots we put on the wiki meet a strict set of requirements, most of which are not easy to achieve. Unfortunately, those screenshots didn't meet the requirements, so we can't really add those :/

Just out of curiosity, what are these requirements?

1 hour ago, AR3S_TGL said:

Any of you have an idea why my game is crashing? Tell me if I sent the wrong one.

error.log

output_log.txt

Re-upload the output_log? The error file doesn't really help...

@AR3S_TGL 

I need logs :) not an error file.  (could you remove or make a spoiler of your latest post?)

Same as for Kopernicus:

Spoiler

How to get support

We're always willing to help you with your issues, but however, there are a few things you'll have to do before we can help you:

• First of all, try to find the issue yourself. Look at the Kopernicus log-files (KSPRoot/Logs/Kopernicus), and compare your config with the examples / other working configs.
  • If you can't fix it yourself, please make sure that all your mods are up to date, and that they are installed correctly
  • Send us the output_log.txt / Player.log, the Kopernicus log-files and one single plain-text config file that causes the issue, including the used textures
  • Final Note: We won't install a full config, or a config that depends on other packs. If you send us something like that, we reserve the right to ignore you. :)
  • P.S. If you need help with variables or nodes, just post your config. :) In this case, we don't need log files :D

@EricL

19 minutes ago, EricL said:

Just out of curiosity, what are these requirements?

Re-upload the output_log? The error file doesn't really help...

- good angle

- foreground, middle, background

- you can use hyperedit to get celestials in position

- ALT + zoom needs to be at max.

- (If used) crafts/vessels used in KSS official screenshots use only stock or KSSparts. (we don't promote other partmods to avoid problems/confusion), the vessel needs to be visible and contributes to the picture. I don't mind other parts from other mods in not-official screenshots.

screenshot11.png?dl=1

screenshot47.png?dl=1

screenshot4.png?dl=1

Edited by StarCrusher96

Do any of my fellow KSS enthusiasts know of a fix for KSP stuttering every 5 to 10 seconds while in flight? 

The game freezes for about 1 second every 5 seconds while flying. 

I've read that it's an issue with garbage collection, but does anyone know of an actual fix? 

To my fellow low-RAM gamers on the forum, here's a test on my 4Gb laptop:

- KSS Basic: Started relatively well, ~5 minutes to load on a clean save.

- KSS Basic + Extended Kerbol: Took a lot longer (~10 minutes to load), but it loaded anyways.

- KSS Basic + Extended Kerbol + Some part/utility mods: Went out for a 15 minute walk and, when I came back, the main menu had been properly loaded. However, the game ran out of juice once I tried to change and apply some graphic settings.

- KSS Basic + Extended Kerbol + A substantial modpack: Not even worth attempting. I'll try to test it on a 8Gb laptop later, and report back.

...now I must go and give my laptop some love and support, because these tests must've been really traumatizing for him :(

Edited by Tonas1997

21 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Upcoming Part 2

Kerolon%20System.png?dl=1

Holy hell, that's awesome! I didn't realize how big Kerolon and Mesmo were. Little piece of advice: to make Mesmo even more like a brown dwarf, give it a mass of about 1.899096e+26 kg. This is exactly 3,180 times the mass of Kerbin, and scaling it 100x to real-life value, is 10 Jupiter masses. This is very close to brown dwarf range, as Mesmo's "flavor text" describes. 

I can't wait to try and visit the new Kerolon-Kerilim system. I wonder what the views would be like on Ernes, with two gas worlds waltzing in the sky above. 

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Holy hell, that's awesome! I didn't realize how big Kerolon and Mesmo were. Little piece of advice: to make Mesmo even more like a brown dwarf, give it a mass of about 1.899096e+26 kg. This is exactly 3,180 times the mass of Kerbin, and scaling it 100x to real-life value, is 10 Jupiter masses. This is very close to brown dwarf range, as Mesmo's "flavor text" describes. 

I can't wait to try and visit the new Kerolon-Kerilim system. I wonder what the views would be like on Ernes, with two gas worlds waltzing in the sky above. 

Mesmo's current weight (after the revamp) is 1.902E+26 kg, making it  ~3190.2 times as massive as Kerbin. (or 10.7 x Jool). 

screenshot20.png?dl=1

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Mesmo's current weight (after the revamp) is 1.902E+26 kg, making it  ~3190.2 times as massive as Kerbin. (or 10.7 x Jool). 

screenshot20.png?dl=1

That's pretty big. I wasn't too sure how large it'll be, since the wiki lists Mesmo's gravity at "only" 3.25 gees. 

Speaking of which, how massive is Aras? It's a gas planet, correct?

2 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

That's pretty big. I wasn't too sure how large it'll be, since the wiki lists Mesmo's gravity at "only" 3.25 gees. 

Speaking of which, how massive is Aras? It's a gas planet, correct?

The wiki is not yet updated to part 2 :) I just changed the parameters for Mesmo. Aras is a gas planet yes.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

It's strange how you said that, since a lot of stuff in Part 2 is in there, and there even are a few bodies for 0.8 hidden in the wiki too :wink:

A lot of parameters have changed though, and the bodies for 0.8 are not even remotely final :P