[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I found the problem with the KSS_CTT file. It changes the parts' category but should be changing TechRequired:sealed:

But it's beyond my ability to pinpoint the root of the apparent kopernicus problem.

I changed the 'category' to 'TechRequired' in the KSS_CTT file and the parts load now, and are associated with the right tech nodes. Surprised that it still loaded on most builds when that was the issue, but maybe it just skipped back to default on most of them or something.

Additional question for you and @StarCrusher96: is it okay to to add tweakscale and stuff like that to the parts in a similar way, for my own purposes? I have a lot of mods, and being honest, I mess with a lot of them for various reasons (usually to lower part count). Specifically, the plasma engine is an awkward size, at least for my crafts, and being able to adjust the tank sizes might be helpful too. Not asking you to do anything or include anything, just wondering if you care if individuals monkey with the parts.

I'm probably not going to be able to play KSP in any serious fashion for the next month or so, but come Thanksgiving break, I'm planning on building up a new 1.3.1 mod portfolio and KSS is a certainty. I played a lot with it over the summer but holy cow, playing with GPP, KSS (0.6.1), KSPIE, and a handful of utility mods, and it went through my RAM like frat guys going through beer. I upgrade from 2x4GB to 4x8GB and it was more than enough to load the game but the usage was still pretty intense. That's the background so...

1.  Do you think part 2 will be out in the next month, and if not that, before 20 December(winter break)? (No pressure. If won't be ready, it's totally cool)

2. How much ram should it take to play with GPP, OPM, KSS(with all optionals), with some part mods like KSPIE, B9 Aero, KW Rocketry, USI MKS, etc. etc.?

3. Have all of the compatibility issues with scatterer/EVE/kopernicus/clouds been ironed out? I had some trouble in June with black planets, black rings,  white planets, solar panels not working,  and sunlight not scattering.  Using older than recommended versions of Kopernicus and EVE and some setting tweaking eventually fixed all of this but it would be nice to be sure that it will all work together relatively easily and documentation points me towards compatible releases of other mods.

looking forward to diving into KSS once again, just hope I don't need to buy a new computer lol!

@JadeOfMaar well no, it's very possible I was having a memory leak and having a bunch of celestial bodies all with different textures loading were somehow compounding the issue. Just for the record, 32GB was enough, however when I used my 1.2.2 game and watched memory usage while the game loaded up, RAM used slowly climbed up to like 20GB or a little more. I hope my memory issue will be exclusive to the 1.2.2 era, but I was just asking for the sake of contingency. 

27 minutes ago, Jumberlack said:

I'm probably not going to be able to play KSP in any serious fashion for the next month or so, but come Thanksgiving break, I'm planning on building up a new 1.3.1 mod portfolio and KSS is a certainty. I played a lot with it over the summer but holy cow, playing with GPP, KSS (0.6.1), KSPIE, and a handful of utility mods, and it went through my RAM like frat guys going through beer. I upgrade from 2x4GB to 4x8GB and it was more than enough to load the game but the usage was still pretty intense. That's the background so...

1.  Do you think part 2 will be out in the next month, and if not that, before 20 December(winter break)? (No pressure. If won't be ready, it's totally cool)

2. How much ram should it take to play with GPP, OPM, KSS(with all optionals), with some part mods like KSPIE, B9 Aero, KW Rocketry, USI MKS, etc. etc.?

3. Have all of the compatibility issues with scatterer/EVE/kopernicus/clouds been ironed out? I had some trouble in June with black planets, black rings,  white planets, solar panels not working,  and sunlight not scattering.  Using older than recommended versions of Kopernicus and EVE and some setting tweaking eventually fixed all of this but it would be nice to be sure that it will all work together relatively easily and documentation points me towards compatible releases of other mods.

looking forward to diving into KSS once again, just hope I don't need to buy a new computer lol!

1. KSS Part 2 should be out within the next month. 

2. With KSS, you usually need at least 8 gigs without visuals (12 with), so I assume it should be roughly the same if you use a few more mods, but if you're adding a lot of mods I'd say add more RAM :P

3. Compatibility with EVE/Scatterer is almost done. We're redesigning the clouds, so it'll take a bit longer.

@Jumberlack Well I'd like to say memory management (by KSP itself and by experienced planet modders) has gotten better since KSP 1.2.2 so you should be safe from that old problem. That said, leaving KSP open for several hours at a time can still become a pain to yourself and your PC.

Think you found what might be an Easter Egg in KSS? Let us know! We added a post on the discussion tab for you to discuss this, and if you think you found something strange let us know! We'll confirm (or debunk) it! :P

Sidenote: There actually are a few Easter Eggs in KSS, and more are planned to be added

There's also a few challenges there if I haven't already said that enough :P

@StarCrusher96Is Karkua supposed to be visitable right now? As soon as my craft entered its SoI, it "crashed into the terrain" apparently. When I took out 'rotates = false' from the .cfg file for the star, this stopped happening, but since the description is just 'TBA,' I thought maybe this wasn't supposed to be a location I could visit yet.

47 minutes ago, Zero132132 said:

@StarCrusher96Is Karkua supposed to be visitable right now? As soon as my craft entered its SoI, it "crashed into the terrain" apparently. When I took out 'rotates = false' from the .cfg file for the star, this stopped happening, but since the description is just 'TBA,' I thought maybe this wasn't supposed to be a location I could visit yet.

The gravitational pull is too intense at the moment to visit the system. + it’s not completely finished.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

screenshot0.png?dl=1

Is this one of the Kerolon worlds? 

(Wow, I just thought Hetoo, in its infinite green-ness, might have a magenta sunrise/set the opposite of stock Eve's emerald one. Or am I getting the Eve bit wrong?)

Just now, Saltshaker said:

Is this one of the Kerolon worlds? 

(Wow, I just thought Hetoo, in its infinite green-ness, might have a magenta sunrise/set the opposite of stock Eve's emerald one. Or am I getting the Eve bit wrong?)

Correct! It is Hetoo, but not around Kerolon/Kerilim anymore :wink: