[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

23 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

How did you get Kerbol to orbit around "The All"?. I thought it was impossible to reparent the sun or reparent Kerbin.

Not easy to explain but basically I removed every stock celestial (except for stock sun) and added stocktemplates to a new star.

Most star system mods do this and just transform the stock sun into a black hole or something else.

Edited by StarCrusher96

RELEASED: Kelnis System 

Decided to release this system while you guys are waiting for part 2.

For those not familiar with this system. The Kelnis System is inspired on the real life TRAPPIST-1 System. It's also the most distant star with planets in KSS.

More Info -> HERE

Kelnis%20System.png?dl=1

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

RELEASED: Kelnis System 

Decided to release this system while you guys are waiting for part 2.

For those not familiar with this system. The Kelnis System is inspired on the real life TRAPPIST-1 System. It's also the most distant star with planets in KSS.

More Info -> HERE

Kelnis%20System.png?dl=1

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

let me guess . . . 

This is another TRAPPIST One Analog. What about another star system? Can I see one done with pulsar planets or planets based on Gleise 436 b?

Edited by UranianBlue

Just now, UranianBlue said:

there needs to be a pulsar planet system. If @StarCrusher96 would allow me, I could make a pulsar system for KSS.

Personally, I think you should make a separate mod for testing, and then work with @StarCrusher96 to integrate it into KSS (as a separate system in the new modular...system? of expansions)

4 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

there needs to be a pulsar planet system. If @StarCrusher96 would allow me, I could make a pulsar system for KSS.

I dont need help with a pulsar system. Let me remind you that the Kelnis System was one of the first Trappist 1 analogs on the entire forum.  

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I dont need help. Let me remind you that the Kelnis System was one of the first Trappist 1 analogs on the entire forum.  

ok, I was just offering to make a neutron star system extension for your mod. If you don't want the neutron star system,  I can easily place it in my own exoplanet mod, UBPP. 

Also, "one of the first" does not mean the first; you where not the only one who immediately made an analog of the system (ProtoJeb21). TRAPPIST One is what I call "an overdone theme." It's a bit like Gas Planet Two. There are so many mods that have made that feature that its not interesting anymore. Can you tell me how many Kopernicus mods include a neutron star?

11 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

ok, I was just offering to make a neutron star system extension for your mod. If you don't want the neutron star system,  I can easily place it in my own exoplanet mod, UBPP. 

Also, "one of the first" does not mean the first; you where not the only one who immediately made an analog of the system (ProtoJeb21). TRAPPIST One is what I call "an overdone theme." It's a bit like Gas Planet Two. There are so many mods that have made that feature that its not interesting anymore. Can you tell me how many Kopernicus mods include a neutron star?

Well @ProtoJeb21 and I tested each others Trappist analog.

I already made a neutron star for KSS part 2,  so to answer your question.

KSS includes one.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, UranianBlue said:

let me guess . . . 

This is another TRAPPIST One Analog. What about another star system? Can I see one done with pulsar planets or planets based on Gleise 436 b?

The Kelnis is a TRAPPIST-1 analogue, and it was one of the first to be released in KSP. KSS is also one of the only planet packs with:

• An Alpha Centauri system analogue (Nova Kirbani System)
  • A Siruis "analogue" (Kerolon System)
  • A brown dwarf system analogue

...and will soon have a system analogue of:

• A dying star
  • Polaris C
  • 30 Arietis

KSS is also the only planet pack with something like The All or The Creator, and one of the few packs with a developed lore. If your point is about originality (with the TRAPPIST-1 analogue), you fell short of pointing out about all the other systems that you really can't find in other planet packs.

I should also mention that KSS will have pulsars, and maybe even planets around it.

23 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

Is it possible you could add radiation definitions for Kerbalism?

We need to finish getting KSS compatible with Kerbalism first, but when it's done we might add a few definitions :P

Just now, Scotskerb said:

So you are working on Kerbalism compatibility? :)

It's not hard, actually. The only thing we need to do right now is move the magnetosphere directions, which are all facing The All. Since Kerbalism now adds the ability to move them, compatibility should be ready soon. You can check here to see what other mods might become compatible with KSS, and if you think we should add compatibility to a mod let us know in the comments on that page :)

Kerbalism doesn’t work correctly with multiple stars, and I see that being an issue with KSS. We had to drop support for it in GPP, and we only have 2 stars. Eventually, when(if) the dev decides to come back, I’m sure multiple stars will be supported, but currently it’s very limiting :( 

basically, because kerbalism uses its own solar panel system, panels only work around the Star with the name “Sun”, not sun templates.

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, UranianBlue said:

let me guess . . . 

That has been a thing on KSS a loong time ago. You don't have to download it if you don't want it.

Exotic stars are planned (Karkua, Kirimo). A pulsar system is a nice concept but low priority because we have a large planetary system planned for 0.8 (Kelaris/Kerbos) plus Starcrusher still has to finish the rest of 0.7. He has enough on his plate already.

Edited by Greatness101

29 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

It's nerfed in 0.7, more stable, uses less fuel, and takes a couple minutes to work at full power :)

I've been working on how to turn it OFF quickly when I need to.  ::Chuckles.::  So far my testing has gone well.  I've thrown a lot of extra mods into the mix, mostly parts, and haven't run into any issues.

Loving the new systems!  The hype is still real!  :D

3 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

I've been working on how to turn it OFF quickly when I need to.  ::Chuckles.::  So far my testing has gone well.  I've thrown a lot of extra mods into the mix, mostly parts, and haven't run into any issues.

Loving the new systems!  The hype is still real!  :D

I believe if you right click on the engine and press the "Shutdown Engine" button it stops, but once you turn it back on it'll keep the same thrust :P