[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, CreamyMemes said:

Greetings, 

Some parts that this mod adds are missing, except for the helium tanks.  I've even checked the manufacturer's tab, but it only shows those tanks. Are these dependent on some other mod, or known to be incompatible with some? The rest of the mod works fine though.

Your problem is due to an error between those parts and Community Tech Tree. if you can get to, and delete this file, they'll come back: KSS/Parts/KSS_CTT.cfg (Better yet, if you can open it and change @category to @TechRequired in the 3 places it appears, the parts will appear in the hangar and in their correct tech tree nodes.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Help, I downloaded kss basic but there's an error message pop-ups,

"Kopernicus can't load a custom planetary pack" Causing a endless loading screen

I try playing in 64 bit but it won't work, already installed kopernicus, delete the other planet pack but still don't work, help?

running in 1.3.0 btw

5 hours ago, RaceToTheMun said:

Help, I downloaded kss basic but there's an error message pop-ups,

"Kopernicus can't load a custom planetary pack" Causing a endless loading screen

I try playing in 64 bit but it won't work, already installed kopernicus, delete the other planet pack but still don't work, help?

running in 1.3.0 btw

If you run in 1.3, you’ll need the kopernicus version for 1.3. (I think it was release 8). Make sure you followed all the steps.

Edited by StarCrusher96

24 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Is there posible to only install Nova Kirbani System and Kelnis system? I would not like to change the starting system.

Sorry but to add the star systems, you need the BASIC version (this changes the stock bodies - adds no new celestials in the Kerbol System). The whole mod needs the basic version to work and trying to revert everything is not easy/a lot of work for the unexperienced. But I need to say "this is where the mod is about and how it works", using KSS is agreeing with these changes I made and I'm not intending to explain/support everybody how to reverse everything. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheMun said:

Nevermind, it work.

But where's the download of kss_visuals for 0.7?

Visuals are unavailable right now due to texture license violation. Look out for the next big release in this thread. That's when they'll be available again.

1 hour ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

Can You Make an option that will keep the stock system but keep the other star systems and their compatibility with other mods.

16 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Sorry but to add the star systems, you need the BASIC version (this changes the stock bodies - adds no new celestials in the Kerbol System). The whole mod needs the basic version to work and trying to revert everything is not easy/a lot of work for the unexperienced. But I need to say "this is where the mod is about and how it works", using KSS is agreeing with these changes I made and I'm not intending to explain/support everybody how to reverse everything. 

1 hour ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

Can You Make an option that will keep the stock system but keep the other star systems and their compatibility with other mods.

No I’m sorry. Stock is extremely boring and i started KSS because of this. It’s modular because of the huge size. But the stock changes are part of where KSS is about.

Edited by StarCrusher96

When I try to load the planet pack in 1.3.1, it says it can't load the custom pack. For background info, I've installed every folder available on the website and am running the latest Kopernicus.

Can anything be done to fix this at the moment?

EDIT: background

Edited by Pxtseryu

3 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

When I try to load the planet pack in 1.3.1, it says it can't load the custom pack. For background info, I've installed every folder available on the website and am running the latest Kopernicus.

Can anything be done to fix this at the moment?

EDIT: background

I can't help without logs ...

7 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Hey! I don't see any of the KSS communication dishes anywhere in the tech tree. I'm pretty sure I went through every tech and didn't see any of them anywhere.

How do I unlock KSS communication dishes?

Are you using CCT?  I found that with that mod installed I lost everything except fuel tanks.  (All restored after I uninstalled it, but there was a fix mentioned a little while back.)

2 hours ago, RobFalcon said:

Are you using CCT?  I found that with that mod installed I lost everything except fuel tanks.  (All restored after I uninstalled it, but there was a fix mentioned a little while back.)

Yes, I'm using ctt....  should I uninstall ctt, purchase the kss parts then reinstall ctt? 

Hope to see compatibility with CTT as that is a pretty common and essential mod.

Edited by Voodoo8648

1 minute ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Yes, I'm using ctt.... Do I should uninstall ctt, purchase the kss parts then reinstall ctt? 

Hope to see compatibility with CTT add that is a pretty common and essential mod.

Here's a response posted by JadeOfMaar earlier with regards to this.  I haven't tested it myself, but it might be worth a try.

On 10/27/2017 at 11:47 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Your problem is due to an error between those parts and Community Tech Tree. if you can get to, and delete this file, they'll come back: KSS/Parts/KSS_CTT.cfg (Better yet, if you can open it and change @category to @TechRequired in the 3 places it appears, the parts will appear in the hangar and in their correct tech tree nodes.

Since I have not received any response in the other thread I want to notify @StarCrusher96 of this problem.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:00 AM, Mine_Turtle said:

I have found a problem when using contract pack with multiple system packs, loaded in the game(mods like Galactic Neighborhood or Kerbal Star Systems). Some  contracts, like investor tour, check if player has orbited Kerbol via Sun() function. However, in modified games stock Kerbol is the center of the universe and parent for all other stars, including new Kerbol. As such the contract requires the player to orbit the new Sun, which means leaving SOI of Kerbol. As a result affects difficulty of these contracts.

A possible solution to the problem would be get a name for the homeworld parent and use it on contract requirements. If it is not possible to get such reference then the only solution is for maintainers of system packs to provide patches that will change contract requirements to check for a star/planet name, specific to the pack.

This issue affects not only contracts but also certain parts like stock infrared telescope. In order to use it the ship has to orbit theAll, which is practically impossible without warp engine. Also, object tracking feature of the telescope does not work as a result.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheMun said:

Where can I download Terraformed Duna or Tropical Laythe?

They’re not included in part 1. But will be re-added in part 2.

10 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Since I have not received any response in the other thread I want to notify @StarCrusher96 of this problem.

This issue affects not only contracts but also certain parts like stock infrared telescope. In order to use it the ship has to orbit theAll, which is practically impossible without warp engine. Also, object tracking feature of the telescope does not work as a result.

Is this about stock game or about which mods are you talking?

12 hours ago, RobFalcon said:

Here's a response posted by JadeOfMaar earlier with regards to this.  I haven't tested it myself, but it might be worth a try.

Adding on to this, will a fix to the CTT comp. patch be in part 2?

7 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

They’re not included in part 1. But will be re-added in part 2.

Is this about stock game or about which mods are you talking?

Both. Originally I have noticed problems with mod Contract Pack: Tourism Plus, when one of the contracts required me to orbit theAll. Having looked at the mod config files I realized that Sun() function is being called, which returns reference to the system sun or theAll in case of KSS.

Similar problem exists with stock infrared telescope. To activate the telescope(object tracking feature) you have to orbit sun on a polar orbit. Orbiting Kerbol does not  allow to activate the telescope, but orbiting theAll does.

This issue is not directly caused by KSS but rather by the method Kopernicus uses to create multistar systems by changing the root of the planet tree.