[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

6 minutes ago, Dragonwarp said:

I have all the mods needed, (KSS, kopernicus, modularflightintegrator) and whenever I go into the tracking station, none of the planets or stars show up. The version I'm playing is 1.3.0.

Click the red button in my signature to get the correct info he will need

12 minutes ago, Dragonwarp said:

I have all the mods needed, (KSS, kopernicus, modularflightintegrator) and whenever I go into the tracking station, none of the planets or stars show up. The version I'm playing is 1.3.0.

and you used a 1.3.0 kopernicus version?

@Dragonwarp

It is said in readme.txt that KSS work better with Kopernicus 1.3.0-8 if another version of kopernicus is installed, try to intall this one :https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.0-8

Another question , are you using visual mods ? They have... conflicts... with the tracking station :)

Just now, Shkeiru said:

@Dragonwarp

It is said in readme.txt that KSS work better with Kopernicus 1.3.0-8 if another version of kopernicus is installed, try to intall this one :https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.0-8

Another question , are you using visual mods ? They have... conflicts... with the tracking station :)

Well you can’t run any other version of kopernicus except the one for the version you are on, so if you use KSP 1.3, you need to use Kopernicus v1.3.0-x . If you use KSP 1.3.1, you have to use Kopernicus 1.3.1-x. I highly recommend using the latest for your version of KSP. 

Visual mods would not cause planets to no render in the tracking station. So his issue is elsewhere 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Visual mods would not cause planets to no render in the tracking station. So his issue is elsewhere 

Yeah yeah I know  XD Just want to help :) 

And for kopernicus, what i said was effectively about the "x" in 1.3.0 -x :D 

I'm having a similar issue. Currently running KSP 1.3.1, Kopernicus 1.3.1-2. My gamedata file is set up correctly (testing with only KSS before adding other mods).

In KSC view, there is no atmosphere and all of the buildings jitter all over the place when panning the camera. Planets do not exist outside the stock (non extended) Kerbol system despite having their respective files installed in the KSS folder as the github guide shows - only stars, stock system, and the all & creator are there, but no planets.

4 hours ago, GurpsWibcheengs said:

I'm having a similar issue. Currently running KSP 1.3.1, Kopernicus 1.3.1-2. My gamedata file is set up correctly (testing with only KSS before adding other mods).

In KSC view, there is no atmosphere and all of the buildings jitter all over the place when panning the camera. Planets do not exist outside the stock (non extended) Kerbol system despite having their respective files installed in the KSS folder as the github guide shows - only stars, stock system, and the all & creator are there, but no planets.

You might need to download and install one of the star systems if you want them to show up.

If you read the Github Guide, you should have seen this?:

Spoiler

5. Download KSS_0.7_BASIC

6. Copy the folder 'KSS' into your GameData folder. 
   YOU NEED THIS CONTENT, WITHOUT KSS WON'T WORK!

-- This is the most basic version of KSS you can get installed right now. 

7. Now you can choose to add the extended Kerbol System, the Nova Kirbani System and/or the Kelnis System
   Need more info? -> Go to the KSS wiki

8. Download and copy-paste the content you want to add to KSS

37 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Any idea why scatterer config window gets disabled? I can neither invoke scatterer config window in main menu(alt+f10), nor can I edit scatterer config file as it gets overwritten after the game exits. This happens only with KSS installed.

Isn't it alt + f11? KSS has configs that overwrites stock scatterersettings. Changing settings ingame will always be overwritten by the settings made in the "Scatterer_RemoveStock"-Patch. So if you want to make changes to the stock celestials you need to edit the patch instead.

Edited by StarCrusher96

9 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Isn't it alt + f11 ? KSS has configs that overwrites stock scatterersettings. Changing settings ingame will always be overwritten by the settings made in the "Scatterer_RemoveStock"-Patch. So if you want to make changes to the stock celestials you need to edit the patch instead.

I was referring to the menu in the main menu. I know that KSS overwrite configs, but this does not explain why menu can not be opened in the game.

On a related note, could you add following line to Scatterer_Settings.cfg?

Spoiler

@Scatterer_config:FOR[zzz_KSS]
{
    %autosavePlanetSettingsOnSceneChange = False
    %integrateWithEVEClouds = False
    %drawAtmoOnTopOfClouds = True
    %useAlternateShaderSQRT = False
    %fullLensFlareReplacement = True
    %useOceanShaders = True
    %oceanRefraction = False
    %useEclipses = True
    %useRingShadows = True
    %terrainShadows = False
    %m_fourierGridSize = 64
}

Scatterer is known to spam a lot of exceptions in logs if ocean refractions are enabled: 

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

You might need to download and install one of the star systems if you want them to show up.

If you read the Github Guide, you should have seen this?:

Reveal hidden contents

5. Download KSS_0.7_BASIC

6. Copy the folder 'KSS' into your GameData folder. 
   YOU NEED THIS CONTENT, WITHOUT KSS WON'T WORK!

-- This is the most basic version of KSS you can get installed right now. 

7. Now you can choose to add the extended Kerbol System, the Nova Kirbani System and/or the Kelnis System
   Need more info? -> Go to the KSS wiki

8. Download and copy-paste the content you want to add to KSS

I have them all installed though 

Edited by GurpsWibcheengs