[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

21 hours ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

OPM put in its place by simply changing the referenceBody from Sun to Kerlanes and voilà. This albeit threw up another question, is the All the center of the universe?

Actually, the Earth is the center of the universe and the Earth is flat and everything revolves around us! :wink:

3 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Actually, the Earth is the center of the universe and the Earth is flat and everything revolves around us! :wink:

You forgot to say that KSP is a game made by the CIA to corrupt us and make us think that the Earth is a globe revolving around the sun !

EDIT : That illustrate perfectly my saying : https://imgur.com/a/NWrcF

Edited by Shkeiru

9 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Nuke which destination in the Kerolon System?

as many as possible.

i had my trajectory come in retrograde to the large gas giant to help me slow down, after i passed periphrasis i started the orion drive. managed to get a second assist off of one of the moons and managed to take about 5k m/s off of my deceleration manuver. but with a 4 hour burn, even at 4x time accel i didnt have time to complete the burn before i needed to go to bed, so i saved just as i was l leaving the moon system. 

i have some doubts about being able to stop before i run out of fuel. first off the ship is utterly massive. second i brought way to much lf for the secondary propulsion, which you only really need for trim manuvers, and i should have brought bigger nukes (i was half npu250s and half npu500s). hanger could use a size reduction, perhaps should have used the inflatable hanger instead, just need to size chop my landers too, i like my one way atmospheric drop pods, which is little more than a heat shield a parachute and couple seats and a couple re-entry thrusters. design a few podless landers as well. i might still be able to stop in system but i wont have much deltav after that. heres where i regret coming in retrograde. 

Edited by Nuke

Greetings from Germany.

I have a problem and want to ask if i'm the only one with this kind of issue.
I installed KSS_0.7.3_BASIC on a clean KSP 1.3.1 according to the readme with Kopernicus release 3, no other mods to this point.

zP6rggp.png

Now when i start the game and get to the Space Center view the daytime freezes and shows the nighttime skybox while the sun is shining (see the shadows from the buildings).
The sun and skybox are stuck in their current position and won't move even with time acceleration.

pcOpduW.png

Not really a gamebreaking issue but somehow annoying, i also tested other mods with kopernicus but it happens only with KSS.
Is this a known issue?

And btw thank you Starcrusher for this awesome mod!

3 hours ago, Nordgeist said:

Greetings from Germany.

I have a problem and want to ask if i'm the only one with this kind of issue.
I installed KSS_0.7.3_BASIC on a clean KSP 1.3.1 according to the readme with Kopernicus release 3, no other mods to this point.

zP6rggp.png

Now when i start the game and get to the Space Center view the daytime freezes and shows the nighttime skybox while the sun is shining (see the shadows from the buildings).
The sun and skybox are stuck in their current position and won't move even with time acceleration.

pcOpduW.png

Not really a gamebreaking issue but somehow annoying, i also tested other mods with kopernicus but it happens only with KSS.
Is this a known issue?

And btw thank you Starcrusher for this awesome mod!

This is a known issue that only occurs when a mod places kerbin around a new star. In KSS kerbin moves to a new star Kerbol and the original Sun gets transformed into something else. 

Nothing can fix this issue i’m affraid. When you use scatterer it looks ‘better’. But it’s still broken.

i got my ship to stop in the kerolon system though its on a very eccentric trajectory. trying to land on one of mesmo's moons before we get too far away. i had to use 2 of my landers to do it, using one as a booster for the other, these kerbals are going to build a colony there and through the magic of kerbal ingenuity (and kerbal konstructs) are going to build a base there so i can launch a refueling mission.

11 minutes ago, Nuke said:

i got my ship to stop in the kerolon system though its on a very eccentric trajectory. trying to land on one of mesmo's moons before we get too far away. i had to use 2 of my landers to do it, using one as a booster for the other, these kerbals are going to build a colony there and through the magic of kerbal ingenuity (and kerbal konstructs) are going to build a base there so i can launch a refueling mission.

On which moon did you land :P

I have installed this mod a few days ago, and have never before installed any of the planet packs or antying else.

I wish I had tried them earlier! It is great and a fantastic challenge!

But, does anyone know if there is a deltav map or something similar for these planet packs? I has always planned my missions very tightly before, and now with everything moved around it is a little more guess work. I use VOID to get the deltav value for the ship, but I would like to know for example the requirements to intercept or land on the bodies etc

@themongoose The problem with getting deltaV requirements for interstellar travel is that there are many different speeds/trajectories you can take to get to your destination. DeltaV maps wouldn't be very good for individual systems either, sense spacecraft coming to their SOI would have many different angles/trajectories of entires. The only way a map could work was if you take off from a planet and move to a different planet in the same system.

10 minutes ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

@themongoose The problem with getting deltaV requirements for interstellar travel is that there are many different speeds/trajectories you can take to get to your destination. DeltaV maps wouldn't be very good for individual systems either, sense spacecraft coming to their SOI would have many different angles/trajectories of entires. The only way a map could work was if you take off from a planet and move to a different planet in the same system.

Yeah I get that much, there are just too many variables.

But has anyone made a deltaV map just with the changes in Kerbol alone?

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

On which moon did you land :P

im aiming for that moon around nils or whatever it was, then my dentist called me for an opening. six extractions. orbital mechanics and perkosets dont mix. 

Edited by Nuke

Great work on the new release!
Just a point. Loading Screen Manager is no longer included by default right? Would be great to have some of those images back.
They where so "inspiring".
@StarCrusher96 Still need help with those creative writing? English might be my third language but i have 10 years of Monty Python worth of humour!

Fixed an issue causing the surface of Eve to be black when using KSS_Clouds. I uploaded a fixed version on the DLplatforms but for those who already have KSS_Basic.

HOW TO FIX:

1. Go to KSS/KSS_Clouds/KSS_Settings_VanillaPlanets

2. Look for this

Spoiler

OBJECT
    {
        name = Eve-MainClouds
        body = Eve
        settings
        {   
            {
                value = 
            }
            _DetailTex
            {
                value = 
            }
            _UVNoiseTex
            {
                value = 
            }
        }
        layer2D
        {
            macroCloudMaterial
            {
            }
            shadowMaterial
            {
                _ShadowFactor = 0.7 (change into: 0.25)
            }
        }
        layerVolume
        {
            particleMaterial
            {
            }
        }
    }
    OBJECT
    {
        name = Eve-SulfurClouds
        body = Eve
        settings
        {
            _MainTex
            {
                value =
            }
            _DetailTex
            {
                value = 
            }
            _UVNoiseTex
            {
                value =
            }
        }
        layer2D
        {
            macroCloudMaterial
            {
            }
            shadowMaterial
            {
                _ShadowFactor = 0.3 (change into: 0.25)
            }
        }
        layerVolume
        {
            particleMaterial
            {
            }
        }
    }

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 12/11/2017 at 8:04 PM, OverlordMorgoth said:

There are Planet packs that are relativly small and I think they look quite wierd stranded alone around their own star

Dude, stars with 1 planet are fine. I mean, there are several examples in real life; Almost all hot jupiter systems seem to be single planet systems, Proxima Centauri only has 1, LHS 1140 only has 1, PSR/WD B1620-26 only has 1, Epsilon Eridani likely only has 1, etc.

1 minute ago, electricpants said:
On 12/11/2017 at 6:04 PM, OverlordMorgoth said:

There are Planet packs that are relativly small and I think they look quite wierd stranded alone around their own star

Dude, stars with 1 planet are fine. I mean, there are several examples in real life; Almost all hot jupiter systems seem to be single planet systems, Proxima Centauri only has 1, LHS 1140 only has 1, PSR/WD B1620-26 only has 1, Epsilon Eridani likely only has 1, etc.

In fact, only roughly 17% of stars have more than one confirmed planet, so finding only one planet around a star is more than likely

2 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Is the newest version of this compatible with 1.2.2? If it's not, could you make it compatible? Also, which version is?

Sorry most planetmods follow the kopernicusupdates. Meaning we’re using KSP 1.3.0-1. KSS is only compatible with KSP 1.3.1. And i’m not reverting months of work to get to 1.2.2 again. 

20 hours ago, NickRoss120 said:

In fact, only roughly 17% of stars have more than one confirmed planet, so finding only one planet around a star is more than likely

Actually that's mostly because of observational bias.

Human technology is better at detecting large and massive planets than small planets, so we can only observe the largest planets in every star system (this is also why most habitable planets found seem to be larger than Earth). Planetary formation models suggest stars that do have planets should have many, so the most likely explanation is that a vast majority of this 17% actually do have more than one planet, it's just that it's very difficult to detect them by current methods.

Plus, this is like saying that moons are really rare, because we've never found a moon outside our solar system before (an exomoon). Well the reason we haven't found any exomoons yet isn't because they don't exist, but because they are very hard to find. Same idea. :P