[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

On 12/20/2017 at 1:09 PM, TachyonGMZ said:

8gb which is not a lot but with only kopernicus, kss basic, kss kerbol expanded, module manager and modular flight integrator on a completely new install as a tet i would expect that to be a problem. In 1.3.1

i have the exact problem, a clean install also.

the only mods I have are koppernicus,  moduleflight integrator, and KSS basic. and 1.31 KSP.

it crashes at item 369 loading part during launch.

it runs fine with no KSS basic. when I add the kss basic it crashes during launch.

29 minutes ago, rexscates said:

the only mods I have are koppernicus,  moduleflight integrator, and KSS basic. and 1.31 KSP.

it runs fine with no KSS basic. when I add the kss basic it crashes during launch.

installed scatter.

now it no longer crashes. Just stays in loading screen spinning away for atleast 10 minutes now. on an SSD and have 32 gigs of ram.

37 minutes ago, rexscates said:

Did you install Module Manager? Module Manager is the most basic necessity for most modern KSP mods at this point. Read the page of install instructions provided to you.

Just now, rexscates said:

module manager 2.8.1 is loaded

The newest version is 3.0.1, which is very different from 2.8.1. Use the newest version. Please make sure you're using all the right versions of the dependencies before reporting a problem :P

10 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

The newest version is 3.0.1, which is very different from 2.8.1. Use the newest version. Please make sure you're using all the right versions of the dependencies before reporting a problem :P

sorry but 2.8.1 was on the auto list. I fixed it thank you.

either way I just put in 3.0.1 in and it still just spins. but does not crash. when I did not have scatter installed it did crash at patcher 369. not it goes through all those and just the loading screen.

I am having this same issue as @rexscates. Kopernicus is repeatedly throwing an error in the log file when I have the full KSS system installed along side only MM, Kopernicus, and ModularFlightIntegrator:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()

I'm in the process of trying each element of KSS to narrow down which one(s) is causing the issue. Basic and Extended Kerbol have checked out with no issues so far. I suspect I'm going to encounter the error with each of the extra star systems. I'll update in a few minutes when I know more.

5 minutes ago, kananesgi said:

I am having this same issue as @rexscates. Kopernicus is repeatedly throwing an error in the log file when I have the full KSS system installed along side only MM, Kopernicus, and ModularFlightIntegrator:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()

I'm in the process of trying each element of KSS to narrow down which one(s) is causing the issue. Basic and Extended Kerbol have checked out with no issues so far. I suspect I'm going to encounter the error with each of the extra star systems. I'll update in a few minutes when I know more.

mine just continues in loading. and I only have basic installed

anyway I can look at my log file so I can help? I have copied one below.

OG 18:44:49]: Alnym is using custom cache file 'C:/KerbalSpac Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData\KSS/Cache/Alnym.bin' in 'C:/KerbalSpac Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData\KSS/Cache'
[LOG 18:44:49]: Body.PostApply(ConfigNode): Generating scaled space mesh: Alnym
[LOG 18:44:49]: Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PQSMod_VertexHeightMap.OnVertexBuildHeight (.VertexBuildData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Utility.ComputeScaledSpaceMesh (.CelestialBody body, .PQS pqs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Utility.UpdateScaledMesh (UnityEngine.GameObject scaledVersion, .PQS pqs, .CelestialBody body, System.String path, System.String cacheFile, Boolean exportBin, Boolean useSpherical) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Body.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 18:44:49]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Alnym
[LOG 18:44:50]: [Kopernicus] RuntimeUtility Started
[LOG 18:44:50]: StarLightSwitcher.Awake(): Begin
[LOG 18:47:04]: Injector.OnDestroy(): Complete

Edited by rexscates
udating

Ok, the issue (on mine at least) is in the Nova Kirbani system. I installed all of the systems one at a time and reloaded KSP after each without a problem. Nova Kirbani was the last to install and KSP "soft-locked" on loading the menu. I completely removed KSS and installed only BASIC and Nova Kirbani and I get the same issue. 

See spoiler (a few posts down) for the KSP log output.

Installed mods (MM3.01 is there, too):

Kopernicus 1.3.1-3
ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.4

[log file removed by mod team] 

Edited by kananesgi

27 minutes ago, rexscates said:

so it works for you now?

mine still hangs with just basic. hrmmm

Mine seems to work if I don't have the Nova Kirbani system installed. Haven't tried it on the fully modded copy yet as I had something else to attend to and it takes about 10 minutes for the full mod KSP to load. Have you checked that you have the latest Kopernicus, MM, and MFI installed? As stated above, I'm using Kop. ver 1.3.1-3 and MFI 1.2.4 and MM 3.0.1.

19 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Welcome to our forum,, @kananesgi. :D

Unfortunately, large log files cause slow page loads or errors. Please upload yours to a file sharing service and use the link they provide in your forum posts. 

Sorry, I normally use pastebin but I wasn't thinking straight last night. I'll attach it later when I get home from work. 

Log File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15sRyebjYjp4v3t975lSbJGEGkRctXtP2

Edited by kananesgi
added log file.

On 12/22/2017 at 1:26 PM, Greatness101 said:

Maybe. Or "To Boldly Go" could become compatible with KSS someday. You never know what'll happen :P.

Is there a way I can support this great idea (and maybe others)?  At least do more than make s few short posts.   I'm just thinking far ahead.

2 minutes ago, enewmen said:

Is there a way I can support this great idea (and maybe others)?  At least do more than make s few short posts.   I'm just thinking far ahead.

You could probably go to the developers of TBG and tell them about KSS :P

On 3-1-2018 at 10:14 PM, kananesgi said:

Sorry, I normally use pastebin but I wasn't thinking straight last night. I'll attach it later when I get home from work. 

Log File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15sRyebjYjp4v3t975lSbJGEGkRctXtP2

Practically unreadable logfile but I found the bug. Will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Idea for a planet:

Gas giant with possible moon orbiting a white dwarf (possibly the one already implemented) and a pulsar.

Age would be almost as old as the universe. It would be a deep blue.

Based off of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSR_B1620-26_b

The name for the planet could be Kethuselah, as the real one is called Methuselah.

Just an idea, thought it was interesting.

For 0.8, I want to give everybody a chance to contribute to KSS. Because we're still developing 2/3 systems and I'm lacking a little inspiration at the moment, it would be interesting to see what kind of systems / planets you guys would like to see in KSS. Maybe one of those ideas get implemented in KSS. 

Post your ideas HERE

Edited by StarCrusher96