[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@billw2011 Ah. That's very unfortunate.

• For addressing EVE, it has two downloads. Did you take the smaller one? The larger one (with "Configs" in its name) is only compatible with the Stock solar system.
  • Be absolutely sure that the version of scatterer you downloaded is not a beta and matches your KSP version. SpaceDock makes this very easy.
  • KSS v0.7 is not for KSP 1.2; KSS v0.6 or older are not for KSP 1.3.

Yeah all of those are correct and I get this: 

https://imgur.com/a/n8gRo

/edit: I found the issue: since I deleted the broken star (Krakua?) from the config but hadn't deleted the scatter config the update function was crashing out part way through, so no atmosphere. So my fault!

Edited by billw2011

1 hour ago, Sahadara said:

Does Sigma Dimensions still not work? Not to rush, just wanted to check in.

Sigma Dimensions still doesn't work with KSS (I think). Compatibility with most non-part mods is still a work in progress and we'll expect to see our first compatibilities with 0.8 :)

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

NEW planets from the Nessus III System

*moons not included

nessusscale.png?dl=1

tfw already saw these had a page on the wiki an hour ago

also on that note why nessus and not kessus?

Edited by Saltshaker

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

NEW planets from the Nessus III System

*moons not included

nessusscale.png?dl=1

Very cool looking :P

4 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

also on that note why nessus and not kessus?

Surely you should be getting tired of K-names by now? :P

There's a real reason that's highly confidential

I thought I would come back here to give an update on the bug I mentioned previously (unstable Mun orbits, disappearing ships etc.), for anybody who is reading this in the future. I have been playing since then (many hours) with a workaround and it appears to be 100% successful: every time on quit I will first manually save (f5 in the ksc view), then when running the game again I will load my career normally, then I will immediately load the manual save. I have noticed also that even without karkua (or whatever star we removed manually) my Mun ships DID still disappear entirely once. I think this confirms that the problem is a) definitely to do with first load after starting the game, so I'm assuming something about mods loading up for the first time perhaps, and b) probably not your mod at fault (other than that it reparents Kerbin, which would seem to be unavoidable).

I have a contract pack mod for Contract Configurator that I really enjoy called Anomaly Surveyor. Basically, it gives you contracts to find all of the easter eggs (monoliths and others) in the whole stock Kerbol system. I haven’t gotten very far into it, but it does also implement some lore in a way that makes me want to keep playing, and exploring the Kerbol system for easter eggs is very exciting. My question is, is there anything like this planned for KSS? I know you’re placing little bits of lore all across the universe, but a series of contracts to find them and develop the story would be awesome for this mod.

Edited by walkman01

17 minutes ago, walkman01 said:

I have a contract pack mod for Contract Configurator that I really enjoy called Anomaly Surveyor. Basically, it gives you contracts to find all of the easter eggs (monoliths and others) in the whole stock Kerbol system. I haven’t gotten very far into it, but it does also implement some lore in a way that makes me want to keep playing, and exploring the Kerbol system for easter eggs is very exciting. My question is, is there anything like this planned for KSS? I know you’re placing little bits of lore all across the universe, but a series of contracts to find them and develop the story would be awesome for this mod.

There is a reason why we added a new science part. Basically if you want to know more about the mysteries of the KSS kerbal universe. You'll need that one. But currently it doesn't work because I still need to add some easter eggs.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

There is a reason why we added a new science part. Basically if you want to know more about the mysteries of the KSS kerbal universe. You'll need that one. But currently it doesn't work because I still need to add some easter eggs.

Ah I see. Are you planning for it to help the player find the easter eggs, or is it just a science experiment that can only be done in the proximity of easter eggs, or something else? Maybe you do it in the proximity of an easter egg, and the report gives you a clue of the location of another easter egg?

2 hours ago, walkman01 said:

Ah I see. Are you planning for it to help the player find the easter eggs, or is it just a science experiment that can only be done in the proximity of easter eggs, or something else? Maybe you do it in the proximity of an easter egg, and the report gives you a clue of the location of another easter egg?

It'll lead you to easter eggs, but they're still be though to find.

22 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

It'll lead you to easter eggs, but they're still be though to find.

Awesome, that mechanic could add a whole new layer of depth to the game and if it’s pretty difficult, it’ll make it that much more satisfying when someone finds one.

3 hours ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Could there be a config to make the gas planets non-oblate in the next update? The stock atmospheric effects glitch out on the oblate gas giant bodies.

I think there's an easy way to remove that in the configs manually but we're not going to add support for it.