[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Thanks for the quick response. I had gathered as much (minus the LqdHe3, oh well. I can mine other stuff and buy it), I was asking more about the spirit of the mod - say, I was just curious about what sort of experience you folk had envisioned (and possibly, balanced it towards)  - although that's a pretty broad question 

IE, a slow, grind career with researchbodies, plausible engines and (any life support) will be vastly different from a sandbox with warp drives

18 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

You are doing something wrong then. Lower the quality of everything in the settings, and try again. How many mods do you have?

I can play KSS basic with scatterer (more laggy then EVE) with 8gb ram. I could probably play Basic, Nova Kirbani, Kerelon with EVE.

If the lagA is really killing you, try deleting some moons and minor planets, that is what I do and it works quite well.

141 mods. All of KSS. 33GB at peak load, then drops to 25GB at main screen after finished loading. I doubt this is something wrong, just me having too many mods with parts in them, so i am not asking for help, just making a comment is all. Yes I am looking at my builds and slowly removing mods. Recently i have started my own parts folder within which are parts that will break crafts if missing but where the parts are very few in number. Basically I copy the mod into the folder and delete huge amounts of it until I am left with the critical parts. Obviously I am talking about mods that are parts collections rather than functionality mods.

4 hours ago, Apaseall said:

141 mods. All of KSS. 33GB at peak load, then drops to 25GB at main screen after finished loading. I doubt this is something wrong, just me having too many mods with parts in them, so i am not asking for help, just making a comment is all. Yes I am looking at my builds and slowly removing mods. Recently i have started my own parts folder within which are parts that will break crafts if missing but where the parts are very few in number. Basically I copy the mod into the folder and delete huge amounts of it until I am left with the critical parts. Obviously I am talking about mods that are parts collections rather than functionality mods.

Ok... that is quite a lot of mods. Removing most of them should make it better.

Ps, I try to play stock with KSS, with minimal mods, only things like KER, and it still takes 4-10 minutes to load.

7 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Can you provide a list of the mods you have? Some of them may be incompatible :P

Sure thing @TheSpacePotato I am always happy to learn.

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.5
Filter Extensions - 3.2.0.3
TexturesUnlimited - 1.0.0.8
Toolbar - 1.7.15
UI Core - 1.0.0.1
USI Tools - 0.10.2
ToolbarControl - 0.1.4.7
Adjustable Mod Panel - 1.3
AllYAllContinued - 0.11.13.2
Ambient Light Adjustment - 2.6.3.8
Antenna Helper - 1.0
AnyRes - 2.0.1
AtmosphereAutopilot - 1.5.10
AugmentedReality - 0.2.1
AutoAction - 1.9.3
B9 Animation Modules - 1.1
B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1
B9 Aerospace - 6.4
B9 Aerospace HX Parts - 6.4
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.4.8
Basic DeltaV - 1.0.2.2
Camera Focus Changer - 1.0.3
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
CIT_Util - 1.4.1
BAM - 1.3.1
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.2
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.1.2
Connected Living Space - 1.2.5.7
CorrectCOL - 1.6.3
Crew Light - 1.11
CriticalTemperatureGauge - 1.3.1
CryoEngines - 0.5.11
CryoTanks - 0.4.9
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.16
AGExt - 2.3.2.3
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
DockingCameraKURS - 1.3.3.1
Double Tap Brakes - 1.0
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.16
ExtensiveEngineerReportContinued - 0.1.2
Extraplanetary Launchpads - 5.9
Firespitter - 7.6
Flight Plan - 1.0.5.1
FShangarExtender - 3.5.2
GCMonitor - 1.4.7.2
GPOSpeedFuelPump - 1.8.10
Haystack ReContinued - 0.5.3
HeatControl - 0.4.4
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.0.1
Impact - 1.6.2.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.10.6
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.3
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Kerbin Environmental Institute - 1.2.7
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.11
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Foundries - 2.1.2.12
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
HyperEdit - 1.5.6
Feline Utility Rover - 1.0.8
KerbinSide-GroundControl - 1.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.9.6571.274
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.3
KronalVesselViewer - 0.0.8
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.10.5.23
KerbalStarSystems - 0.7.2
KWRocketryRebalanced - 3.2.5
LoadingScreenManager - 1.2.3.4
MarkIVSystem - 2.4.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.12.1
MaritimePack - 0.1.10
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.8
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.4
NearFutureProps - 0.3
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.6
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.8
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.7
NE Kerbal Environmental Effects Study (KEES) - 0.7.8.21
One Window - 1.0.2
OuterPlanetsMod-Galileo - 1.2.5
OPT_WBI - 1.1
Part Angle Display - 0.3.3.2
PartCommanderContinued - 1.1.2
PartWizardContinued - 1.3.4
PatchManager - 0.0.14
PAWS - 1.1
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.5.9
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Precise Maneuver - 2.3.1
QuickExit - 2.1.3
QuizTechAeroPackContinued - 1.3.11
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.5.1
AmpYear - 1.5.1
SCANsat - 1.1.8.4
Science Relay - 1.0.4.2
ShipSectionsContinued - 0.1.1
KerbalSlingShotter - 1.1.5
SpeedUnitAnnex - 0.9.10
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 1.0.2
TacSelfDestructContinued - 1.6.5
TAC Sticky Controls - 0.4.2
TankLock - 0.2.5
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.5
ThrottleLimitExtended - 2.0.3.1
TimeControl - 2.8.3
Trajectories - 2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9.2
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
TrimIndicator - 1.3.1
TweakScale - 2.3.7
UbioWeldingLtd-Continued - 2.5.2
Konstruction - 0.3.1
Undockinator - 0.4
VesselMover - 1.5.1.2
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.17.4
WASDEditorCameraContinued - 0.6.12
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
WernersCheckerContinued - 0.5.8
WildBlueTools - 1.41
Kerbal Actuators - 1.0.6.1
Buffalo - 2.3.4
Deep Space Exploration Vessels - 3.0.0.4
Airships - 2.9.3
Kerbal KIS Items - 2.1.3
Pathfinder - 1.21
OSE Workshop - 1.2.3
[x] Science! - 5.11

Things to note.

This is my current 1.3.1.1891 list of mods, viz. the mods for that build of ksp. They may be slightly out of date regarding appropriate updates for 1.3.1. This is due to me not being at home to play.

As and when 1.4.1.2089 versions come out I am adding them to a different ksp install, viz. a completely separate ksp install.

I have not necessarily used parts from all these mods. I probably have used most of the functionality from most of the mods during different aspects of my ksp play. Most of the mods are not specifically part mods but for gameplay enhancement.

My current effort to reduce memory usage is based around removing parts that I can see in game in the editor. Mainly I remove a mod, launch the game and write down the list of parts that cause craft, I currently have active, to fail to load. I then make a copy of that mod in a personal folder. In that folder I remove everything apart from the parts I need. I keeping version files so that I can know if an update comes out. I also keep other items that are required to make the mod function. The idea is that models and textures are the main memory hogs.

10 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Sure thing @TheSpacePotato I am always happy to learn.

Hide contents

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.5
Filter Extensions - 3.2.0.3
TexturesUnlimited - 1.0.0.8
Toolbar - 1.7.15
UI Core - 1.0.0.1
USI Tools - 0.10.2
ToolbarControl - 0.1.4.7
Adjustable Mod Panel - 1.3
AllYAllContinued - 0.11.13.2
Ambient Light Adjustment - 2.6.3.8
Antenna Helper - 1.0
AnyRes - 2.0.1
AtmosphereAutopilot - 1.5.10
AugmentedReality - 0.2.1
AutoAction - 1.9.3
B9 Animation Modules - 1.1
B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1
B9 Aerospace - 6.4
B9 Aerospace HX Parts - 6.4
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.4.8
Basic DeltaV - 1.0.2.2
Camera Focus Changer - 1.0.3
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
CIT_Util - 1.4.1
BAM - 1.3.1
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.2
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.1.2
Connected Living Space - 1.2.5.7
CorrectCOL - 1.6.3
Crew Light - 1.11
CriticalTemperatureGauge - 1.3.1
CryoEngines - 0.5.11
CryoTanks - 0.4.9
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.16
AGExt - 2.3.2.3
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
DockingCameraKURS - 1.3.3.1
Double Tap Brakes - 1.0
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.2
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.16
ExtensiveEngineerReportContinued - 0.1.2
Firespitter - 7.6
Flight Plan - 1.0.5.1
FShangarExtender - 3.5.2
GCMonitor - 1.4.7.2
GPOSpeedFuelPump - 1.8.10
Haystack ReContinued - 0.5.3
HeatControl - 0.4.4
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.0.1
Impact - 1.6.2.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.10.6
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.3
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.3
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Kerbin Environmental Institute - 1.2.7
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.11
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Foundries - 2.1.2.12
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
HyperEdit - 1.5.6
Feline Utility Rover - 1.0.8
KerbinSide-GroundControl - 1.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.9.6571.274
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.3
KronalVesselViewer - 0.0.8
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPWheel - 0.10.5.23
KerbalStarSystems - 0.7.2
KWRocketryRebalanced - 3.2.5
LoadingScreenManager - 1.2.3.4
MarkIVSystem - 2.4.1
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.4
Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.12.1
MaritimePack - 0.1.10
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.8
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.4
NearFutureProps - 0.3
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.6
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.8
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.7
NE Kerbal Environmental Effects Study (KEES) - 0.7.8.21
One Window - 1.0.2
OuterPlanetsMod-Galileo - 1.2.5
OPT_WBI - 1.1
Part Angle Display - 0.3.3.2
PartCommanderContinued - 1.1.2
PartWizardContinued - 1.3.4
PatchManager - 0.0.14
PAWS - 1.1
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.5.9
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
Precise Maneuver - 2.3.1
QuickExit - 2.1.3
QuizTechAeroPackContinued - 1.3.11
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.5.1
AmpYear - 1.5.1
SCANsat - 1.1.8.4
Science Relay - 1.0.4.2
ShipSectionsContinued - 0.1.1
KerbalSlingShotter - 1.1.5
SpeedUnitAnnex - 0.9.10
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 1.0.2
TacSelfDestructContinued - 1.6.5
TAC Sticky Controls - 0.4.2
TankLock - 0.2.5
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.5
ThrottleLimitExtended - 2.0.3.1
TimeControl - 2.8.3
Trajectories - 2.0
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Alternate Resource Panel - 2.9.2
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
TrimIndicator - 1.3.1
TweakScale - 2.3.7
UbioWeldingLtd-Continued - 2.5.2
Konstruction - 0.3.1
Undockinator - 0.4
VesselMover - 1.5.1.2
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.17.4
WASDEditorCameraContinued - 0.6.12
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
WernersCheckerContinued - 0.5.8
WildBlueTools - 1.41
Kerbal Actuators - 1.0.6.1
Buffalo - 2.3.4
Deep Space Exploration Vessels - 3.0.0.4
Airships - 2.9.3
Kerbal KIS Items - 2.1.3
Pathfinder - 1.21
OSE Workshop - 1.2.3
[x] Science! - 5.11

Things to note.

This is my current 1.3.1.1891 list of mods, viz. the mods for that build of ksp. They may be slightly out of date regarding appropriate updates for 1.3.1. This is due to me not being at home to play.

As and when 1.4.1.2089 versions come out I am adding them to a different ksp install, viz. a completely separate ksp install.

I have not necessarily used parts from all these mods. I probably have used most of the functionality from most of the mods during different aspects of my ksp play. Most of the mods are not specifically part mods but for gameplay enhancement.

My current effort to reduce memory usage is based around removing parts that I can see in game in the editor. Mainly I remove a mod, launch the game and write down the list of parts that cause craft, I currently have active, to fail to load. I then make a copy of that mod in a personal folder. In that folder I remove everything apart from the parts I need. I keeping version files so that I can know if an update comes out. I also keep other items that are required to make the mod function. The idea is that models and textures are the main memory hogs.

Ok so the problem I see immediately is that you have OPM installed, which is not compatible with KSS. Any other planet packs in there shouldn't work either. Try removing those and see if it works.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:03 PM, Maffif said:

Is there a good way to mine the incredibly expensive He3? I've been experimenting with FarFuture and KSPI , both of which distribute/have engines fueled by He3 and am struggling to find non-insignificant amounts, even within gas giants.

Unfortunately, no. There is no good way to do so. Given the way the resource system works (especially in the area of rounding off small numbers) I expect that you virtually cannot mine LqdHe3 at all. Far Future Tech actually boosts the stock system's distributions to low amounts that are actually playable and enjoyable whereas KSPI seems to try to make things hard.

I have never done much with engines like the one KSS provides so it was never much of a bother to me. And in the Avatar movie (that KSS's propulsion system is inspired by) there was no hint of any need, any system, to refuel the ISV VentureStar.

There is no hint in the part pack portion of KSS, of a desire to have this fuel be mine-able. The lack of it may be an oversight.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

14 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Unfortunately, no. There is no good way to do so. Given the way the resource system works (especially in the area of rounding off small numbers) I expect that you virtually cannot mine LqdHe3 at all. Far Future Tech actually boosts the stock system's distributions to low amounts that are actually playable and enjoyable whereas KSPI seems to try to make things hard.

I have never done much with engines like the one KSS provides so it was never much of a bother to me. And in the Avatar movie (that KSS's propulsion system is inspired by) there was no hint of any need, any system, to refuel the ISV VentureStar.

Thanks. So my experiments- bringing balloons and hypersonic ramjets with atmosphere scoops to Jool, and testing the largest drill augers on Eeloo and Tekto, etc-  were doomed from the start.

Worst case, I know a few easy cfg edits could ramp up He3, but that would be very unrealistic.  I've had the EXACT same issue with attempting to manufacture Xenon and Argon from atmosphere, but left it alone due to balancing.

To be fair, with an ISP of 200k AND relatively high TWR of 0.25ish (compare to KSPie Deadalus/magnetic nozzle or FFT Fission Fragment) I imagine lack of ISRU isn't going to be a colossal issue, and a dV of 1m+ could probably be attained, even with LS mods

@Maffif Unfortunately yes, your experiments are doomed. :( If it was I who prepared an exotic resource and its propulsion system, I'd see what I could do to balance realism and playability within reasonable timeframes, and even add some challenge or danger to the locations of sweet spots for a resource. The mining system would always be near top priority.

The stock planets don't have the kind of variety that could provide for a high Xenon/Argon atmosphere, although, back in KSP 1.1 or 1.0 I had designed bases with Argon extraction capability, and even a Duna SSTO rocket that refueled from Argon while landed. That's how good it was at one time, at the RNG's mercy.

I don't use KSPI so I don't know the stats for its engines, but yours is a reassuring statement, that KSS's engine and its high stats should make ISRU a not-so-big problem. But I think that's the case only for Kerbin to X and back flights, not Kerbin to X to Y to Z....... Also I'm a warp drive person so I have no grasp at all on how far you can go with an interstellar torch ship.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

And in the Avatar movie (that KSS's propulsion system is inspired by) there was no hint of any need, any system, to refuel the ISV VentureStar.

I heard somewhere that old Valkyries were used to skim the atmosphere of Polyphemus to collect hydrogen.

@JadeOfMaar  @Wilhelm Kerman I don't know how the community would feel, but backspacing a few zeroes (and bundling a scoop module, assuming others aren't using FarFuture) is all it would take to achieve the following result:

He3 is available at relatively high concentrations, but only in the formidable gas giants, meaning not only a difficult interplanetary voyage, but an atmospheric reentry (and subsequent exit) at high speeds. This would enable a lot of emergent gameplay such as airparked, nuclear turbojet-cruising, air-scooping jets flying for weeks at supersonic speed through Jool, or having intermediate balloon bases casually floating around Mesmo, Voon/Sarnus, etc.  Maybe an interplanetary mothership has a ramjet shuttle that drops off and returns a couple times to keep the reserves topped off between systems.

Personally, I've been looking for a good excuse to have a floating base.  Hooliganlabs allows you to 'land' a flying craft and put it on rails as well as achieve net 0 buoyancy; there is also a gigantic scoop in KSPie that has immense enough drag to slow a craft to 0.01m/s in atmosphere- but there has never been a compelling reason to actually drop a base into the abyss or dream up the economy it implies

PS  Warming up my first install of KSS after a month of lurking.  I am ready :sealed:

EDIT: The 'Sarnus' was in anticipation of the eventual putting OPM around the Fomalhaut analogue @StarCrusher96.  I'm fond of that system (being host to the first directly observed exoplanet candidate IRL)

Edited by Maffif

5 minutes ago, Maffif said:

@JadeOfMaar  @Wilhelm Kerman I don't know how the community would feel, but backspacing a few zeroes (and bundling a scoop module, assuming others aren't using FarFuture) is all it would take to achieve the following result:

He3 is available at relatively high concentrations, but only in the formidable gas giants, meaning not only a difficult interplanetary voyage, but an atmospheric reentry (and subsequent exit) at high speeds. This would enable a lot of emergent gameplay such as airparked, nuclear turbojet-cruising, air-scooping jets flying for weeks at supersonic speed through Jool, or having intermediate balloon bases casually floating around Mesmo, Voon/Sarnus, etc.  Maybe an interplanetary mothership has a ramjet shuttle that drops off and returns a couple times to keep the reserves topped off between systems.

Personally, I've been looking for a good excuse to have a floating base.  Hooliganlabs allows you to 'land' a flying craft and put it on rails as well as achieve net 0 buoyancy; there is also a gigantic scoop in KSPie that has immense enough drag to slow a craft to 0.01m/s in atmosphere- but there has never been a compelling reason to actually drop a base into the abyss or dream up the economy it implies

PS  Warming up my first install of KSS after a month of lurking.  I am ready :sealed:

For 0.8, I'm updating the resources for KSS. So I'll make sure there is enough He3.

10 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Ok so the problem I see immediately is that you have OPM installed, which is not compatible with KSS. Any other planet packs in there shouldn't work either. Try removing those and see if it works.

Hmm, I did not know that OPM - @Galileo version was incompatible. Sure I knew they were not designed to work together. But I was not aware that they interacted in any negative way?

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hydrogen and Helium (especially Helium-3) are very different. Hydrogen is immensely abundant and fills gas planets, stars and the stellar medium...But that's very cool. :) 

Yeah

As an interesting fact, the SRX-Flux Plasma engine, as its name suggests is a plasma engine. The evidence of its Avatar base comes from the awesome new particle effect. Both the Venture Star's engines and the Flux engine require big ass radiators, though.

Maybe in the future, @StarCrusher96 could add in new ISRU and propulsion parts (excluding the small plasma engine), (hopefully radiators at some point!). @Maffif if you have seen the StarSailor trailer you would likely have noticed the large round helium tanks.

this is an amazing mod but every time I put something in orbit around the Mun, it just dissapears, it’ll stay there for days after you put it there but eventually it’s just gone, why I quicksave a lot whenever I do an apollo recreation, I haven’t tested it with other bodies

I think LqHe3 in the atmospheres of gas giants in low quantities would be a good idea. Along with a scoop and possibly a large ISRU module would make for interesting crafts. I could imagine one of my arks dropping a balloon scoop and spaceplane to collect it

2 hours ago, Rebel Assassin said:

this is an amazing mod but every time I put something in orbit around the Mun, it just dissapears, it’ll stay there for days after you put it there but eventually it’s just gone, why I quicksave a lot whenever I do an apollo recreation, I haven’t tested it with other bodies

That's a known bug and it's fixed in 0.8 :P

6 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

As an interesting fact, the SRX-Flux Plasma engine, as its name suggests is a plasma engine ... The evidence of its Avatar base comes from the awesome new particle effect

@Maffif if you have seen the StarSailor trailer you would likely have noticed the large round helium tanks.

Interestingly, based on the name and performance I would've assumed dusty plasma, which runs on a fine dust of magnetically confined/ionized uranium. Depending on the model, real life specific impulse is in the 100,000s range for fission fragment concepts -and 1,000,000s for true plasma rockets- but this is a fusion rocket, so it is a different beast altogether.

The particle effect is glorious, I was really impressed that realplume/smokescreen weren't involved. That was the very first thing to catch my eye when I found this mod.  By the way, I wrote a patch for the engine to thrust in standard warp (with 'PersistentThrust'), but only at <1 m/s2

As for the tanks, I was more focused on the cargo container-looking parts, what is that ship carrying? :o  I already use He3 for other fusion engines, but more tanks would be very handy (Especially since yours don't boiloff) 

40 minutes ago, Cortwade said:

I think LqHe3 in the atmospheres of gas giants in low quantities would be a good idea. Along with a scoop and possibly a large ISRU module would make for interesting crafts. I could imagine one of my arks dropping a balloon scoop and spaceplane to collect it

Two separate He3 miners like that would be perfect: one for 'stationary' usage (high intake balances high power cost), and a streamlined one with an air intake, wherein production scales with intakeAtm, and that would mean I no longer depend on FarFuture (features a scoop) for He3 processing, which is impossible anyway as @JadeOfMaar told me.  GTIndustries provides utilities for configuring ISRU (and engines) if that helps, I could even take a crack at it myself since I'm already planning to make a few for my other installs

I'm already picturing a fuel depot/shipyard around Hypat:D 

Really enjoying my KSS install, the planets are so realistic

8 hours ago, Rebel Assassin said:

known bug ... will be fixed in 0.8.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:33 AM, Cortwade said:

I'm envisioning a floating derigible base using the Heisenberg parts pack. It'll have a runway to land a VTOL fusion plane capable of reaching orbit around a scaled up (5 - 6.4x) gas giant with a payload of He3.

Has anyone here read Coyote by Allen Steele? It follows the journey of the first interstellar mission to 47 Ursae Majoris, where they colonize the eponymous moon of a gas giant named Bear. Once there they face the many hardships of colonizing a habitable but harsh alien world. The moon Coyote is a largely land covered planet, but has many networks of rivers, including a large "Great Equatorial River". I think a planet/moon system based on Bear and Coyote would be a very cool addition to the pack, if you have any interest in making it of course. Here's a map of Coyote for reference.

Image result for allen steele coyote map

1 hour ago, Sahadara said:

I'm envisioning a floating derigible base using the Heisenberg parts pack. It'll have a runway to land a VTOL fusion plane capable of reaching orbit around a scaled up (5 - 6.4x) gas giant with a payload of He3.

That'd be interesting; a floating base never to return to space, with a shuttle ferrying LqHe3 to and fro. However I don't believe it's possible to put a craft on rails to allow for craft switching and such.

@Maffif I have a method devised by which a resource config can be easily adjusted and which would easily apply (through MM cloning technique) to all of KSS's gas giants. If you're up to it and any of the KSS devs grant me a list of all the gas planets' names I can create a sample config and you can go from there.

20 minutes ago, Cortwade said:

That'd be interesting; a floating base never to return to space, with a shuttle ferrying LqHe3 to and fro. However I don't believe it's possible to put a craft on rails to allow for craft switching and such.

It's time to believe. The mod linked by @Sahadara has exactly that feature. Lol. The Wild Blue Industries mod suite which contains it is incredibly powerful and versatile.