[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

short summary of the problems of a dick:

On the Macintosh, scatterers give me compatibility problems (perhaps related to textures in .dds) and the planets become yellow and black striped balls.

I love playing with increased proportions: at the time of 0.7 I was able to run it with Sigma Dimentions, replacing the all with the sun, but now they seem totally incompatible.

Any advice / help?

You guys are the best, this game continues to give off an obscure charm in me only thanks to you

521/5000

Edited by SartinMax

4 hours ago, arrow01 said:

i play ksp whit kerbinside and using this mod the kerbin side launchpads "float" in air

how to use the default kerbin?

You can’t use the default Kerbin, sorry. But there is a way to lower the launch pads.

1. Fly a plane (any one that can land) over to the airbase from the KSC.

2. Click ‘ctr + k’ and that should open a new panel.

3. Click local instances.

4. Click edit on any of them (you will have to do it to all so it doesn’t matter)

Note: your camera should focus on the building/structure!

5: Increase the indent up the top to 10 or 1.

6. Click the backwards altitude button to lower it.

Note: DO NOT CLICK snap to terrain.

7. Save (and make sure collides are enabled)

8. Click the red ‘x’ up the top, and also close everything else.

I’m really becoming a tech support wizard. :P

I know cause I have a military save where I bomb things and launch bombers in the desert.

13 minutes ago, SartinMax said:
short summary of the problems of a dick:

On the Macintosh, scatterers give me compatibility problems (perhaps related to textures in .dds) and the planets become yellow and black striped balls.

I love playing with increased proportions: at the time of 0.7 I was able to run it with Sigma Dimentions, replacing the all with the sun, but now they seem totally incompatible.

Any advice / help?

You guys are the best, this game continues to give off an obscure charm in me only thanks to you

521/5000

Won’t work, compatibility should be coming.

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Unfortunately you don't.... KSS is nothing if it does not change the stock planets to not be excrement fit its intention and story.

I, for one, am looking forward to a changed initial system.  Then the amount of additional planets/systems in the expanse is really staggering.  Cant wait!

1 minute ago, Davian Lin said:

I no see a new screenshots from StarCrusher(

You can’t constantly expect 0.8 spoilery content to be flowing out of StarCrusher’s account. He was very busy and barely on over Easter, and has been working on 0.8 too. (I’m not even mentioning his uni degree).

If YOU have screenshots, then post them on the thread and upload them to the KSS media sharing folder, a link can be found several pages back.

5 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

You can’t constantly expect 0.8 spoilery content to be flowing out of StarCrusher’s account. He was very busy and barely on over Easter, and has been working on 0.8 too. (I’m not even mentioning his uni degree).

If YOU have screenshots, then post them on the thread and upload them to the KSS media sharing folder, a link can be found several pages back.

OK, thanks!

qSYCyGv.png

Had some ISRU bugs, so this isnt the flight article, and I havnt actually tested this versions warp drive, though it SHOULD work without blowing up engine bells.

the 8 survey/relay probes are part of the warp system, containing both extra Xenon, and the fuel cells needed to recharge the warp core. Each probe has enough fuel cells and liquidfuel to run the ion drive flat out for the 3 hours straight needed to deplete the tank. (the warp drive, of course, has no shortage of liquid fuel)

Edited by Rakaydos

5 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

qSYCyGv.png

Had some ISRU bugs, so this isnt the flight article, and I havnt actually tested this versions warp drive, though it SHOULD work without blowing up engine bells.

the 8 survey/relay probes are part of the warp system, containing both extra Xenon, and the fuel cells needed to recharge the warp core. Each probe has enough fuel cells and liquidfuel to run the ion drive flat out for the 3 hours straight needed to deplete the tank. (the warp drive, of course, has no shortage of liquid fuel)

This is quite cool. Mind if you put it in the media folder?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QtUmP928yiFKQAbRm1Yf25auol95AYIt

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

31 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Even better. :)

Are the giant boosters part of the ship or just the launch stage?

They're the landing engines, for ISRU. The launcher is an extra layer at the bottom, below the interstage fairings.

cIkqJsH.png

Edited by Rakaydos

5 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

First suport ship.

T8F0CRE.png

All solar panels and the aircraft are within the warp bubble, according to a failsafe test.

Whats that crazy large antena dish on the front? Mod name please. And looks awesome

16 minutes ago, korniton said:

For gods sake...I can't wait for the mod to come to 1.4.1-1.4.2 XD

It will come soon, be patient. 0.8 doesn't add in toooo many star systems... :sticktongue:

Most of them (from what I can guess) are already done. Kerolon system sciencedefs are done, it should be out from a couple of days to maybe 2 weeks max?

Ps, that antennae is rather overpowered. 96% connection from Blalo, from an old ship I sent there.

23 hours ago, Davian Lin said:

Where is the content, guys?:rolleyes:
ejhLGgQ.jpg

@Davian Lin is that picture meant to represent anything?

1 minute ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

It will come soon, be patient. 0.8 doesn't add in toooo many star systems... :sticktongue:

Most of them (from what I can guess) are already done. Kerolon system sciencedefs are done, it should be out from a couple of days to maybe 2 weeks max?

Ps, that antennae is rather overpowered. 96% connection from Blalo, from an old ship I sent there.

Well, I never played this mod. It would be my first time. And as from what I have seen, its a totaly new game. Thats why Im inpatient :P

9 minutes ago, korniton said:

Well, I never played this mod. It would be my first time. And as from what I have seen, its a totaly new game. Thats why Im inpatient :P

Understandable. I will say that it isn't an entirely new game, but a wider, taller, and longer one.

3 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Understandable. I will say that it isn't an entirely new game, but a wider, taller, and longer one.

1 more thing, is there any "Im going to message you when an update is out" thingie I can register at? :P