[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

The ISV Venture Star, https://kerbalx.com/The-Doctor/KSV-Venture-Star

Total delta v of 229,262,918, or 76.4% the speed of light at full burn, effectively 35% the speed of light, 35% to accelerate, 35% to decelerate, 6.4% to move around a solar system, maneuver and make course corrections IF a laser pushed sail isn't used to assist in acceleration. If a laser sail is used and is effective at getting the ship up to 70%c, then 70% of the fuel will be used to decelerate. 

Image may contain: night

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Could it be possible for the helium 3 to only be mine-able on exoplanetary bodies, such as gas giants in other systems, moons in other systems, planets in other systems, but only on one body per system as a way to justify going out and getting it and sending it home? As a kerbol form of unobtainium :D

Possible, but no one is going to fulfill that request. Helium3 is hard enough to mine already with KSPI like default settings on it, and it is something that's very gently dispersed onto all airless solid bodies around a star, from a star. And KSS currently has no parts in it for harvesting this. So really the only option right now is to launch your ship magically jam-packed with all the Helium3 it's going to need for its mission.

Spoiler

If you want a powerful fuel that's only available in one place (in the whole universe, even) but very worth sending back home, there's a link to it in my sig.

Spoiler

The Spice....... And for KSS, it is not on Duna.

Happy hunting. ;) 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

The ISV Venture Star, https://kerbalx.com/The-Doctor/KSV-Venture-Star

Total delta v of 229,262,918, or 76.4% the speed of light at full burn, effectively 35% the speed of light, 35% to accelerate, 35% to decelerate, 6.4% to move around a solar system, maneuver and make course corrections IF a laser pushed sail isn't used to assist in acceleration. If a laser sail is used and is effective at getting the ship up to 70%c, then 70% of the fuel will be used to decelerate. 

Look at those big balls. :P

What is it’s TWR?

Edited by Wilhelm Kerman

0.1 off my head. Acceleration is slow even at max physical warp which yea it cam do and not break. Freethinkiner is gonna add in the ability to accelerate while warping so it shoukd be easier to get up to sleed in the future

7 hours ago, qazqazqaz said:

How would i go about changing the shape of Jeln(Atlas) to make it more like saturn's moon Pan.

You’ll need another heightmap to begin with ... 

Edited by StarCrusher96

8 hours ago, qazqazqaz said:

I tried a heightmap, diformaty, and height map offset.

This has nothing to do with KSS. If you want to learn how to work with kopernicus. Go to the kopernicus examples or thread.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Finally back to regular lurking!  I've finished with school, so now I can actually get back to planning my next big KSP run!

A question of curiosity as I rebuild my plans.  I saw the comment a couple pages back that 0.8 will be compatible with the latest version of KSP.  Does this include the Making History DLC?  I ask because I know Squad has added in another launch site, and am not sure if the modified Kerbin will need any massaging to incorporate it.  (I checked the Planned Features list before asking this, just to make sure it wasn't already answered.  :) )

I'm looking forward to actually getting into this!

6 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

Finally back to regular lurking!  I've finished with school, so now I can actually get back to planning my next big KSP run!

A question of curiosity as I rebuild my plans.  I saw the comment a couple pages back that 0.8 will be compatible with the latest version of KSP.  Does this include the Making History DLC?  I ask because I know Squad has added in another launch site, and am not sure if the modified Kerbin will need any massaging to incorporate it.  (I checked the Planned Features list before asking this, just to make sure it wasn't already answered.  :) )

I'm looking forward to actually getting into this!

From what I understand, Kopernicus has a feature to move or remove these launch sites in case they interfere with the superior Kerbin layout.  Also, welcome back! 0.8 will be releasing soon(tm), so prepare yourself!

On 5/9/2018 at 8:43 PM, Gyrfalcon5 said:

From what I understand, Kopernicus has a feature to move or remove these launch sites in case they interfere with the superior Kerbin layout.  Also, welcome back! 0.8 will be releasing soon(tm), so prepare yourself!

Fair enough!  And, given that I planned on putting in a few extra bases of my own using Kerbin-Side et al., even if I needed to disable something I could regain it in another way.  Thanks!

Having trouble finding a compatibility list for this, are Kerbalism's magnetic fields and solar radiation supported or no? I would assume not, but still.

Also, is there a way to get legacy Duna, Eve, and Minmus but still have the rest?

Edited by Storywalker4

On 5/16/2018 at 5:04 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

Add another dwarf galaxy. With lotsa stars. @StarCrusher96

Finishing the Kermes Cluster on it's own is difficult enough, also it would interfere with out ideas ;)

3 hours ago, Storywalker4 said:

Having trouble finding a compatibility list for this, are Kerbalism's magnetic fields and solar radiation supported or no? I would assume not, but still.

Also, is there a way to get legacy Duna, Eve, and Minmus but still have the rest?

Kerbalism works but the magnetic fields face towards The All (stock sun). Most of the mods that are compatible are parts mods, but we're planning on adding compatibility with GPP, GPO and OPM, as well as Kerbalism compatibility once we can fix the magnetospheres :)

As for stock planets, we can't provide compatibility for those. It isn't possible to have to stock planets in KSS :P

On 4/13/2018 at 6:37 AM, Wilhelm Kerman said:

You do not need to say it twice.

First, the sun *technically* becomes another body, and is replaced by a sun near-clone called Kerbol.

A compatablility patch would have to put those bodies around an aged Kerbol. Archangel’s flares too. Several bodies would have to be different, as Eve in KSS is more Venus like.

Another note, Kerbalkind would likely be based on Blalo after Kerbin died. Kelin is an excellent star for that, because of its long lifespan.

But the you could replace the Kerbol system clone with the Archangel system clone, and the setting of the game could be before the migration, right???

15 minutes ago, Rover6428 said:

But the you could replace the Kerbol system clone with the Archangel system clone, and the setting of the game could be before the migration, right???

But that would get rid of all the new Kerbol System stuff that we worked hard (mostly StarCrusher) to create. Just for you! It would only make since to put it around a different star and leave the Kerbol System to its own devices. Another thing: KSS has its own ingrained lore and story. Having Gameslinx's Before Kerbin lore in KSS and replacing the cool, new KSS stuff would sorta break that story. 

Short answer: Nope. Sorry.