[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Welcome to the Kermes Galaxy! (upcoming KSS 0.8)

image.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am so ready for this

Oh neat! The topic still says 1.3.1, too, and I had read somewhere that it requires some code O_o.

I'm giving "The World Beyond" a  spin currently and that's unfortunately not compatible (I'm anxious of the loading times when combining them anyway :D).

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Zah

Kss 0.8 is compatible with all versions starting from 1.3-1.4.x. If a kopernicus versions supports it.

That's good news.

If KSS 0.8 will be compatible with KSP 1.3.1, goodbye my real life...:D

11 hours ago, Zah said:

Oh neat! The topic still says 1.3.1, too, and I had read somewhere that it requires some code O_o.

I'm giving "The World Beyond" a  spin currently and that's unfortunately not compatible (I'm anxious of the loading times when combining them anyway :D).

Yes the topic says that because 0.8 isn’t released yet. Once released i’ll change it.

I've noticed that clouds on all the planets in KSS 0.7.3 are a low resolution and very pixelated when viewed from a low orbit. I am using the correct versions of scatterer, EVE, and kopernicus and all my in-game graphic settings are on the highest possible settings. I have also made sure the clouds are correctly installed. Is the low resolution normal?

Thanks for replying in advance

26 minutes ago, Bonbo said:

I've noticed that clouds on all the planets in KSS 0.7.3 are a low resolution and very pixelated when viewed from a low orbit. I am using the correct versions of scatterer, EVE, and kopernicus and all my in-game graphic settings are on the highest possible settings. I have also made sure the clouds are correctly installed. Is the low resolution normal?

Post a screenshot showing what you are experiencing. I see people posting about this often and most of the time, there aren’t any issues except for the expectations of the user being too high. 

Edited by Galileo

Kerbin and Aquel from 87 km orbits and 2000 km orbits and my in game graphics settings ( 1920 x 1080 resolution is my monitor's native resolution ).

https://imgur.com/a/HKnSsZp

ModList:

EVE

Hyperedit

Kopernicus ( 1.3.1-3 )

KSS

ModularFlightIntegrator

scatterer

Squad

ModuleManager 2.8.1

Edited by Bonbo
extra stuff

10 hours ago, Bonbo said:

0.8 clouds are high res. 0.7.3 clouds are placeholders because someone who previously helped kss with clouds forgot that most textures he used were licensed.

6 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

To me, kerbal feels less KERBAL when eve isn’t purple. I suppose u could simply use the stock eve texture and change nothing about it except making it slightly smaller and giving it 92 atmo

Being kerbal does not need to be defined by the color of a planet. It is the mod-maker's choice to add real solar system elements to his mod. Just as players are happy with mods like GPP with throw all the stock planets in the garbage, players are happy with "realistic" planets. And that includes colors. However, KSS is in a gray area for changing certain stock worlds to the degree that it does-- it might as well rename them too, I guess. You're not the first to make a statement about the planets not feeling "stock" anymore-- and the issue of Eve being not purple.

I guess it's quite safe to ask then (from your perspective) Why is Eve yellow now but why is Jool still green?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

9 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

0.8 clouds are high res. 0.7.3 clouds are placeholders because someone who previously helped kss with clouds forgot that most textures he used were licensed.

Oh okay now I am even MOAR hyped for 0.8

Thanks for answering my question