[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

So I have a problem with lighting/shading or whatever you want to call it that really bugs me. The issue is, that Kerbin is always dark (as in it's always night-time, even though the sun is shining right at it). There is no blue sky, I have a beautiful night-sky indeed but at 12pm I want a blue sky and not stars lol.
I'm using a lot of mods, however I tracked down the issue to either being a problem with Kopernicus 2 or with KSS. I only have Kopernicus and KSS running and that still happens. When I switch either one of these off, the issue is resolved.
What is also funny: When my rocket is in orbit, there is no sunlight shining at it. The texture is as if it was behind Kerbin (night). It's not game-breaking but indeed does destroy immersion... anyone any idea how to fix this?
Here's screenshots.

PS: Yes, I am using Kopernicus Release 2 (at least I think I am... it was quite difficult to find a download link to an older version..)

4 minutes ago, The CanineCraver said:

Is the moon supposed to have an atmosphere?

yes, just like the real moon, just incredibly thin. I think I remember reading somewhere that the lunar atmosphere is about as dense as the gas in the space the ISS flies through

wow thanks for the quick reply, I was considering going into the configs and disabling the "atmosphere", but I don't think I will now. It's just a bit of a pain trying to switch craft while flying on the moon, like I just dropped a probe from a sky crane and I couldn't switch to it after I got a little bit of distance between the skycrane and the surface probe.

Plus I just found out the after disabling the atmosphere it kills the whole mod, well guess I gotta live with it. Not that big of a deal.

Edited by The CanineCraver

59 minutes ago, Kangroozeeh said:

So I have a problem with lighting/shading or whatever you want to call it that really bugs me. The issue is, that Kerbin is always dark (as in it's always night-time, even though the sun is shining right at it). There is no blue sky, I have a beautiful night-sky indeed but at 12pm I want a blue sky and not stars lol.
I'm using a lot of mods, however I tracked down the issue to either being a problem with Kopernicus 2 or with KSS. I only have Kopernicus and KSS running and that still happens. When I switch either one of these off, the issue is resolved.
What is also funny: When my rocket is in orbit, there is no sunlight shining at it. The texture is as if it was behind Kerbin (night). It's not game-breaking but indeed does destroy immersion... anyone any idea how to fix this?
Here's screenshots.

PS: Yes, I am using Kopernicus Release 2 (at least I think I am... it was quite difficult to find a download link to an older version..)

It looks like you might have an issue with scatterer. Do you have the KSS_Scatterer file in your KSS folder or scatterer installed?

7 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

It looks like you might have an issue with scatterer. Do you have the KSS_Scatterer file in your KSS folder or scatterer installed?

Yup I do. I also thought it might've been the scatterer so I moved the KSS_Scatterer file from the directory to my desktop but it didn't change anything :/

1 hour ago, The CanineCraver said:

wow thanks for the quick reply, I was considering going into the configs and disabling the "atmosphere", but I don't think I will now. It's just a bit of a pain trying to switch craft while flying on the moon, like I just dropped a probe from a sky crane and I couldn't switch to it after I got a little bit of distance between the skycrane and the surface probe.

Plus I just found out the after disabling the atmosphere it kills the whole mod, well guess I gotta live with it. Not that big of a deal.

The atmo of The Mun is so thin you wouldn't even notice it. It just adds surface temperatures which I think are very interesting. 

Same goes for Moho, Pol, Laythe, Tylo, Dres, Trytho, ...

39 minutes ago, Kangroozeeh said:

You mean the mod "Scatterer"? I tried both, having it installed and not installed. Didn't to anything for me.

Try a clean install of KSP 1.3.1 with KSS 0.7_BASIC and kopernicus release 2 (+module manager & MFI). If it still happens then you can be sure it's because of KSS and send me the logs.

RELEASE 2 (1.3.1) of Kopernicus: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-1.3.1-2

Edited by StarCrusher96

19 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

The atmo of The Mun is so thin you wouldn't even notice it. It just adds surface temperatures which I think are very interesting. 

Same goes for Moho, Pol, Laythe, Tylo, Dres, Trytho, ...

Hmmm. I mean technically every celestial body has some form of atmosphere but with most bodies that we consider "atmosphere-less" it's just that they're so thin that for all intents and purposes it might as well not be there. Of course, more realism is better but if it causes higher timewarp to not be allowed because of the atmosphere then perhaps it isn't worth it? It's just my opinion on the matter, obviously it's up to you what goes in, but if people would prefer to have an option (I don't know if there are people with that opinion) where there's no atmosphere on bodies that only would have incredibly thin atmospheres then perhaps an optional config might be worth considering. Just my two cents, still love the mod :)

I'm sorry to ask something that looks like "my mod don't work lol", but I don't want to read 97 pages of posts...

So here is a problem I have: I installed Kopernicus for KSP 1.3.1/1.3 (and extracted it in GameData) and made the same thing with the KSS_0.7_BASIC, KSS_0.7_Extended_Kerbol_System, KSS_0.7_Nova_Kirbani_System and KSS_0.7_Kelnis_System (and unpacked the "GameData" folder in each in the KSP's "GameData" folder, but my game crashes. Can you help me on this issue please?

Here is a screenshot of the Gamedata folder and all of the logs files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YvrwWPsewnC9q4SQfLUWMV-ihQoiL2-C

Thank you for any help!

2 hours ago, Julio974 said:

I'm sorry to ask something that looks like "my mod don't work lol", but I don't want to read 97 pages of posts...

So here is a problem I have: I installed Kopernicus for KSP 1.3.1/1.3 (and extracted it in GameData) and made the same thing with the KSS_0.7_BASIC, KSS_0.7_Extended_Kerbol_System, KSS_0.7_Nova_Kirbani_System and KSS_0.7_Kelnis_System (and unpacked the "GameData" folder in each in the KSP's "GameData" folder, but my game crashes. Can you help me on this issue please?

Here is a screenshot of the Gamedata folder and all of the logs files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YvrwWPsewnC9q4SQfLUWMV-ihQoiL2-C

Thank you for any help!

tried x64.exe ? Because from your logs i think you used x32.exe.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I totally agree with @Julio974, realism is what kerbal space program was born for, but at the end of the day it's still a video game and is made for fun.If it makes you sit there for several minutes while your craft slowly drifts toward the surface of a moon with little to no gravity, it may not be that worth it, especially if that atmosphere has no purpose but to add to a more realistic aspect of the celestial body.

Also a bit of a side note, you clip through the surface of churn the comet...might wanna fix that.

@Julio974 & @The CanineCraver, sorry but I decided a long time ago (somewhere in March) that notable celestials will have exospheres because I think it's worth it. With notable, I don't mean every moon. There's a lot of extra science, surface temperatures, Low orbits are more difficult, ... Part of realism is also taking your time and being patient with certain missions. If you have ever tried to reach another starsystem in KSS with only the SRX Plasma Engine, you'd know it can take some time to even get there.

On the other side I think you can still speed up your descent x4. But if you don't like it, just disable the atmos:

Spoiler

Atmosphere
{
        enabled = True   -> False

}

@The CanineCraver, thx for the report.

Edited by StarCrusher96

7 hours ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Is there a possibility that comet tails may be added in the future?

Also, I checked the planned features on the wiki and I am HYPE

I’m waiting for this mod to update. A few years ago it had the best comet tails i’ve ever seen. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 11/29/2017 at 2:35 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

@Sigma88 & @Galileo

Thx, I've already found cfg's with problems. But spitting through 100+ cfg's takes time. And people need to realize that. 

Is the problem the same for all the cfgs that have it? Or is it different issues for different configs? Also is the issue something that requires knowledge of how MM works to fix or is it simply a matter of making simple changes. If it's just a question of someone needing to take the time to make some change for all the bodies, I'd be willing to volunteer my time to go through and fix them. I would just need to be told what needs to be changed.

1 minute ago, Sahadara said:

Is the problem the same for all the cfgs that have it? Or is it different issues for different configs? Also is the issue something that requires knowledge of how MM works to fix or is it simply a matter of making simple changes. If it's just a question of someone needing to take the time to make some change for all the bodies, I'd be willing to volunteer my time to go through and fix them. I would just need to be told what needs to be changed.

I'm already taking care of it. But thx for the offer.

Thank you for clearing that up @StarCrusher96, I guess that that does make the planets, moons, and other stuff more interesting to visit.

I only have ~260-ish hours in-game, but I was also unable to land on Jeln. You know the tiny UFO shaped moon like thing that orbits Voon. I cheated a probe into orbit of Jeln(I test out most, if not all of the celestial bodies of new mods to make sure that they are worth keeping, Jeln caught my eye, and seeing as odd shaped bodies tend to have issues I thought I would send a probe out.). I was able to make contact with the surface, but was unable to actually stay on it, even though I greatly reduced the dampening of my probes legs and used low powered rcs to try and hold the probe on the sruface so I could time warp, it never worked, guess low gravity has that effect. My probe bounced off at an escape velocity(which granted isn't much), so the surface kinda still has some issues, I also understand that some bodies are meant to be orbited instead of landed on. Just thought you should know.

1 minute ago, The CanineCraver said:

Thank you for clearing that up @StarCrusher96, I guess that that does make the planets, moons, and other stuff more interesting to visit.

I only have ~260-ish hours in-game, but I was also unable to land on Jeln. You know the tiny UFO shaped moon like thing that orbits Voon. I cheated a probe into orbit or Jeln(I test out most, if not all of the celestial bodies of new mods to make sure that they are worth keeping, Jeln caught my eye, and seeing as odd shaped bodies tend to have issues I thought I would send a probe out.). I was able to make contact with the surface, but was unable to actually stay on it, even though I greatly reduced the dampening of my probes legs and used low powered rcs to try and hold the probe on the sruface so I could time warp, it never worked, guess low gravity has that effect. My probe bounced off at an escape velocity(which granted isn't much), so the surface kinda still has some issues, I also understand that some bodies are meant to be orbited instead of landed on. Just thought you should know.

Guess what happened to the Philae lander when it tried to land on 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko. :P  

Landing on these small bodies is extremely difficult and gets rewarded with more science. 

KSS PART 2: RELEASE BY THE END OF THIS WEEKEND!

* KOPERNICUS ISSUES HAVE BEEN FIXED!

A FIRST LOOK AT A FEW MEMBERS OF THE KERBOL SYSTEM

Geysers on Laythe

screenshot43.png?dl=1

Small sandstorm on Duna

screenshot47.png?dl=1

Laho and Doe (*Hyperedited)

screenshot38.png?dl=1

Voon & moons

screenshot41.png?dl=1

Oran & moons

screenshot46.png?dl=1

Naal & moons

screenshot42.png?dl=1

12 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

KSS PART 2: RELEASE BY THE END OF THIS WEEKEND!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IIRC, you're re-adding Tropical Laythe, correct?

Edited by Pxtseryu