[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

44 minutes ago, FifthDimensionalSpaceWhale said:

Hey, I don't know if this is already asked, but how do i change laythe to be Tropical? the wiki says that it's still in the game, (Real shame duna's not).

Just download KSS_Basic first and then Tropical Laythe from Github. Installation instructions are added as a README file.

Edited by StarCrusher96

12 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Just use the basic version and go to KSS/KopernicusFiles/VanillaPlanets and delete all the other stock planet folders except from Sun and Kerbin. 

I think that's the easiest and fastest way to get what you need.

Yep!  That absolutely did the trick!

Thanks much!

Fist off: holy loveing excrements m8, this is absolutely mindbogglingly amazing 

is it just me or did this just edit my swear words?

And now the question: There are Planet packs that are relativly small and I think they look quite wierd stranded alone around their own star (CCP, Planet Cerillion, Dwarf Planets etc.) or packs whose location seems resonable and a logical stepping stone for further conquest (Extrasolar the Valentine system for example; I'm on my phone, don't know the name by heart). Is there a way to tell certain mods to stay where they are and not move into the ultra-endgame void? 

Edited by OverlordMorgoth

11 minutes ago, OverlordMorgoth said:

is it just me or did this just edit my swear words?

Yes, the forum has a few words that are automatically edited to something more appropriate.

Also, I had to remove a few off topic posts. Please keep your posts on topic- namely, about this amazing mod.

Update on the Kerbin-Side front:

On further investigation, I found the Kerbal Konstructs internal editor.  It should make repositioning a piece of cake.  :)  Having the Ultra-Lite install will still help tremendously.

So, while there'll still be a bit of a delay before I get my playthrough up and running, it shouldn't be nearly as challenging as I had initially feared.

(To anyone else interested in running Kerbin-Side with KSS, I've asked on the Kerbin-Side forum if I can make my updates public once complete.)

3 hours ago, FifthDimensionalSpaceWhale said:

Hey, I don't know if this is already asked, but how do i change laythe to be Tropical? the wiki says that it's still in the game, (Real shame duna's not).

Installing Tropical Laythe is the same as installing any KSS part. Just install the KSS folder and replace any files it asks to replace :P

There's a real reason Terraformed Duna isn't in the game. It's going to make a come-back, but not in the near-future :wink:

40 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Installing Tropical Laythe is the same as installing any KSS part. Just install the KSS folder and replace any files it asks to replace :P

There's a real reason Terraformed Duna isn't in the game. It's going to make a come-back, but not in the near-future :wink:

Stop fueling the hypetrain, Your going to crash it!

/semisarcasm

Can someone help me i installed the mod and the extended kerbol system and the kelnis system but none of them show up on the map and they seem to not be there i have like the kss parts working. But i cannot seem to figure out why they wont show up on the map or in any way to tell me they are there. am i missing something or am i just stupid and the options are there but i over looked them.

45 minutes ago, robotalec said:

Can someone help me i installed the mod and the extended kerbol system and the kelnis system but none of them show up on the map and they seem to not be there i have like the kss parts working. But i cannot seem to figure out why they wont show up on the map or in any way to tell me they are there. am i missing something or am i just stupid and the options are there but i over looked them.

did you install kopernicus?

2 hours ago, Shkeiru said:

Question : How tall and wide is the black mountain ? (stupid idea growing...)

1x1km

5 minutes ago, Walker said:

Thank you! My PC has 12 gb RAM, I'll see how it goes :)

PS was compatibility with sigma dimensions also part of this update?

No not yet. Somehow it keeps giving errors and i’m still looking into all the cfg’s what’s causing it.

Edited by StarCrusher96

59 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

*will the game handle such a huge ship ?... without too much part i think it will be smooth*

I think I know what you have in mind; would definitely like to see it if you pull it off...