[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

25 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

What's your RAM? And what systems/mods have you loaded?

8 Gigabyes of RAM.

I installed clouds and Scatterer for KSS, Kelnis, Kerolon, Kormin, Nova Kirbani along with Optional Tropical Laythe.

If you want a picture of my Gamedata, Here it is.

https://imgur.com/a/Z2PedDn

Edited by Darkspace

Tropical laythe?????/????????????????????????? I WILL NEVER GO WITH THE REGULAR LAYTHE!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I read a wikipage about Terraformed Duna. Can you readd that? Compatbility with Kerbol Origins plz?

Edited by The Minmus Derp

29 minutes ago, Darkspace said:

8 Gigabyes of RAM.

I installed clouds and Scatterer for KSS, Kelnis, Kerolon, Kormin, Nova Kirbani along with Optional Tropical Laythe.

That's probably your issue. Running so many mods, systems and EVE/scatterer with just 8 Gb of RAM. You'll need to remove either some big mods or a few systems to make it run smoother.

25 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Tropical laythe?????/????????????????????????? I WILL NEVER GO WITH THE REGULAR LAYTHE!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I read a wikipage about Terraformed Duna. Can you readd that? Compatbility with Kerbol Origins plz?

Terraformed Duna will return :)

1 hour ago, Darkspace said:

8 Gigabyes of RAM.

You have as many mods as I do and I pretty much need 16 gigs of RAM.
At least RAM is somewhat cheap nowadays.

3 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

That's probably your issue. Running so many mods, systems and EVE/scatterer with just 8 Gb of RAM. You'll need to remove either some big mods or a few systems to make it run smoother.

Deleted like 3-7 mods, still slow as hell and i need most of the mods, for more science or fun. or realism...

Is there any other ways to fix that annoying bug?

@Darkspace

Try running without scatterer and EVE, seems like scatterer impacts RAM the most in combination with KSS. 

If your game runs better than you know the visuals are too much.

As a fix ... well nothing can fix it. Dont forget kss is a big mod, bigger than most planetmods so I always advice (if 8 Gb of RAM) to combine KSS basic with only 1 or 2 systems, 3 if it’s 1 big and 2 smaller systems.

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Darkspace

Try running without scatterer and EVE, seems like scatterer impacts RAM the most in combination with KSS. 

If your game runs better than you know the visuals are too much.

As a fix ... well nothing can fix it. Dont forget kss is a big mod, bigger than most planetmods so I always advice (if 8 Gb of RAM) to combine KSS basic with only 1 or 2 systems, 3 if it’s 1 big and 2 smaller systems.

I wanted to keep the beauty of KSP So, I didn't remove scatterer and EVE. Deleted all of the star systems except 2 large systems, Nova Kirbani and Kerolon. Still slow as hell. I'm starting to get tired of KSS. 

Everytime I fix a bug, another bug appears.

And that painful slow loading is persistent so, yeah. The bug can be fixed by getting a more powerful RAM or something but I think they are expensive in money.

Edited by Darkspace

4 hours ago, ocso639 said:

you should add wormholes, they act as a transport to other star systems if you can't get to them (sorry if they're already added, i don't know how to go to another star)

don't have them and don't know if they're possible :p

13 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

don't have them and don't know if they're possible :p

they are, for the cool star effects on the wormhole just add some clouds on it like avp interstellar does, and transport the vessel super fast to the destination wormhole.
(dunno if thats possible too though)

14 minutes ago, ocso639 said:

they are, for the cool star effects on the wormhole just add some clouds on it like avp interstellar does, and transport the vessel super fast to the destination wormhole.
(dunno if thats possible too though)

possible as in ... to make in KSP

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

making it is nothing ... but I can't code a functional wormhole, I'm only good at making textures (so only planets etc ...)

sorry if I sound dumb, but you have a dev team that helps you, right?

@Darkspace

Every planet mod is suffering from long loading times when visual mods are installed. This happened after the 1.4+ release I think. 

But you can install a full kss without visuals and it will run very smooth! I got between 30-50 fps on a 8RAM device and above 50 on a 16. 

I dont want to point at scatterer but i noticed the majority of the framedrops are caused by it. So my guess is that it hasn’t been optimized for 1.4+.

I also noticed scatterer flares have more impact in kss, so turning them off might help too if you still want to try/continue with visuals.

i hope this explains a few things,  kss has still a few bugs but for 0.8 i tried my best to improve performance and i’m surprised you’re having these problems. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, Shoryuken said:

uh would this interfear with outer planets ? XD becouse i rly want this haha, and do i need to start a new game ?

Nope. If you want to play KSS previous saves won't work :P

Edited by TheSpacePotato

6 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Ask the person who makes AVP interstellar for help making the wormholes. (I mean, if you want them)

I found out i can actually make them.

6 hours ago, Shoryuken said:

uh would this interfear with outer planets ? XD becouse i rly want this haha, and do i need to start a new game ?

Kss is not compatible with OPM. Working on the patch

8 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Nope. If you want to play KSS previous saves won't work :P

Mehh :/ than i leave that for now i dont play that game for too long never leaved past minmus haha ^^, oh btw i know this doesnt fit in here but if im here alredy XD im having a little problem with scatterer when i install it the textures like fall down inside the planets /sky etc and the terrain looks blue than ^^ but only becouse of scatterer lol rly wish id had it becouse it looks so good on the ppl pics with EVE etc ^^, mayb someone knows a solution i was searching in google quite a while,
oh btw would this mod even run on my notebook with all stars and eve ??
I7-7700HQ 2,8 /3,8OC
16GB Ram
GTX 1050 4GB

Edited by Shoryuken
adding ^^