[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

11 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I uploaded a fix for it a few hours ago (icons). But you can fix it yourself by removing this line:

Reveal hidden contents

@Body[Kel]
    {
        @Orbit
        {
            %iconTexture = KSS/Configs/KSS_Icons/planet
        }
    }

from the KSS_Icons cfg.  (KSS/Configs/KSS_Icons.cfg

For instantiator, as mentioned in the readme, you have to remove the example file from the Instantiator folder in Gamedata. 

I'm sorry but I'm not even going to start search through your logs with that amount of mods. 

clean install KSP with KSS and see if it works. 

All working again, Didn't encounter another problem, now i enjoy sending giant interstellar crafts to stars or tiny probes that kerbals can lift up to planets.

Please help.  What am I doing wrong with EVE ?  Using the newest KSS .8.2.  I found this  earlier,  but I waited until a newer version of .8 was released.

Any settings in EVE to change?   Thanks!

From the tracking station. All looks perfect.

untitled.png

From the ground, the sky is black in the daytime but the clouds look correct.

untitled3.png

In low orbit, the ground looks correct, but no stars.

untitled1.png

In high orbit, I see stars, but Kerbin turns black.

untitled2.png

Is the Mun still "eating" ships?  In a nutshell:

Had 0.8.0 installed.  Mun ate three ships all within (or very near?) its SOI.

Added the ships back in (copied all three back into the save file from a backup).  They didn't reappear.

Installed 0.8.2 (removed the entire KSS folder and installed all of the 0.8.2 files fresh).

Added the lost ships back.  They reappeared when I loaded the save game.

Went to do something else.  Reloaded KSP with KSS.  Loaded the 'persistent' save.  Designed and tested a rocket.

Noticed my three ships in the Mun's sphere of influence were gone again.

Soooo ... is the Mun still eating ships?

EDIT

@StarCrusher96 Will do!  I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT #2

@StarCrusher96 The problem is still there, but I've done enough experimenting to pin down exactly how and when it happens.  (And yes, I did lower Karkua's gASL to 1000).  ANY vessel in the Mun's SOI when the game loads from start (i.e. "Resume Saved," which uses the "persistent" save) is destroyed (and it does count as destroyed - in one test I did whenever a Kerbal is in the ship as it is destroyed, you take the reputation hit).  *However* if you "Load Game" while already in the game (i.e. from the Pause Menu), vessels in the Mun's SOI are NOT destroyed. 

That does make for a relatively easy (if somewhat tedious) workaround - if you are about to quit the game and there are vessels anywhere in the Mun's SOI, if you select "Save Game" and save it (for example, just call it 'quicksave' or 'Mun save' every time and overwrite it every time you want to quit), then when you start up the next game, you've got an easy way to recover your ships: while all of the ship's in the Mun's SOI will be destroyed when you "Resume Saved" from the persistent save, if you immediately "Load Game" and choose whatever saved game you manually made immediately prior to quitting the last time it will restore all of your ships that were lost in the Mun's SOI.  It's tedious (and you actually have to remember to do a 'manual' save every time you want to quit - although, as I said, you don't need to build up a ton of save files - you can just keep saving over a single one), it *does* work.

Like I said, it's not an actual fix, but it does get around the problem until you figure out a better fix.

Edited by ceaars

My new updates idea

1. try fixing the contract progress. How the abomination can a tech level 1 ship be able to go interstellar?

2. A new planet. Monolon. An icy rogue planet. This time not orbiting a black hole or something but located in interstellar space.

3. New Mesmo texture or a new gas giant around Kerolon?

Edited by Darkspace

@ceaars i thought the mun problem was solved?! I’ll see what i can do to fix it. You could in the meantime lower Karkua’s gravity by going to KSS/Celestials -> core -> karkua, open the cfg and lower the gASL to 1000 instead of 3000+. This could help as karkua and the mun are somehow linked to the problem.

@Darkspace

yeah we need to look into the contracts.

About an actual rogue planet. It would have no purpose tbh. Interstellar space is pitchblack in kss because otherwise it would illuminate the other systems at night. 

Oh what’s wrong with Mesmo? Why does the system need another gasgiant?

Edited by StarCrusher96

@enewmen could you list the kss systems you got installed? Kermes cluster? Nova kirbani? 0.8.2 latest version? Because i updated it 2 days ago. (18th) 

it’s probably caused because you got a dated core file from me. I uploaded a wrong kss_core. 

So just reinstalling kss should fix it.

Edited by StarCrusher96

9 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@Darkspace

yeah we need to look into the contracts.

About an actual rogue planet. It would have no purpose tbh. Interstellar space is pitchblack in kss because otherwise it would illuminate the other systems at night. 

Oh what’s wrong with Mesmo? Why does the system need another gasgiant?

Monolon would be a challenge to land on since it is very dark especially with no lights on your lander. better bring some landing lights here. another reason why it is a challenge to land on because you may land on a hill or worse, a mountain. it would have 3 moons. one of them would be similar to Kel except that it has a slowly freezing atmosphere. 2 times thinner than Kel's.

What's more,  3 million years ago. it was once orbiting Kerolon when for some reason, it passed by Mesmo very closely and then got slingshotted away from the system at ludicrous speeds. it once had an atmosphere with the thickness of 1.3 atmospheres. then it started to slowly freeze over as it wandered into the freezing, deep space, right now it has the atmosphere about 4x thicker than the Atmosphere of Kel which is slowly freezing to this day, located somewhere near Kerolon.

Mesmo's texture looks kind of old, maybe a new stormier texture and a bit more orange.

woops, i mean a new Ice giant smaller than Novus.

As with the new ice giant, it would be similar to Hypat, located in a polar orbit and orbiting retrograde of all of the planets in the system, it would be located 5x further than the last planet in the system and would have a very eccentric orbit. making it a very hard place to reach but, it would be an interesting one. The new ice giant would have 4 moons in orbit around it, one of them would be similar to Laho or Kel.

That moon may have snow storms so, if you are going to land here, make sure you have windshield wipers!

what's more interesting about the new ice giant is that it would have another ice giant in orbit around it, this time it is about 800 kilometers, which is 100 kilometers bigger than Stock Eve, making it the smallest gassy body ever discovered.

the main ice giant would be around 1700 kilometers so, it would be a binary. and the second ice giant would have no moons.

This ice giant was the last planet to be discovered around Kerolon.

I will name the Ice giant Volosoo

Though you can name it other names you like. Same with the rogue planet.

if you don't want to add the gas giant or the rogue planet,  just don't.

Special thing, the K.S.S. Kolony wreckage somewhere on a planet, if it crashed onto a star, just dont add it.

Edited by Darkspace

22 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! What kind of muns?

Unfortunately, Only 3 moons. 1 of them is interesting because it has a very thin, slowly freezing atmosphere. which is 2 times thinner than Kel's atmosphere.

The rest are just icy moons and one of them is an asteroid.

3 minutes ago, Darkspace said:

Unfortunately, Only 3 moons. 1 of them is interesting because it has a very thin, slowly freezing atmosphere. which is 2 times thinner than Kel's atmosphere.

The rest are just icy moons and one of them is an asteroid.

Me like. Also, DARK!

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@enewmen could you list the kss systems you got installed? Kermes cluster? Nova kirbani? 0.8.2 latest version? Because i updated it 2 days ago. (18th) 

it’s probably caused because you got a dated core file from me. I uploaded a wrong kss_core. 

So just reinstalling kss should fix it.

Thanks. The only KSS installed is Core, EVE, and Scatterer.   I did use the .8.2 version - I can download again.

EDIT:  I also have the "ceaars" Mun eating ships problem.  I'll try your " open the cfg and lower the gASL to 1000 instead of 3000+. " fix..

The Nvidia RTX 2080 ti will be released in a few hours.  I need a long over-due graphics update.

Edited by enewmen

Update:

I got the EVE and Scatter working - but still losing ships orbiting the Mun even after a "KSS/Celestials -> core -> karkua, open the cfg and lower the gASL to 1000 instead of 3000+ "  .  I needed to install all the KSS - except for Optional.  Looks nice!

But Also only getting 3 fps !  Something seems very wrong.

My PC is a 6 core Haswell Xeon, 32 Gigs RAM, 4-gig Radeon R9-380.  Should be plenty and my resources are not heavily used.  GPU memory is using 1.4/4 gigs.

Scatter and EVE looks better with KSS !

untitled5.png 

untitled4.png

@enewmen install flarereplacer along with scatterer, for me it got my fps from 8-12 to 35-50 depending from the scene.

It’s either EVE or Scatterer, but i figured the many scatterer sunflares cause major fps drops. That’s why i made flarereplacer compatible, it’s not exactly the same but they look really nice and dont impact fps. Nebula’s will remain visible.

Monolon would be a challenge to land on since it is very dark especially with no lights on your lander. better bring some landing lights here. another reason why it is a challenge to land on because you may land on a hill or worse, a mountain. it would have 3 moons. one of them would be similar to Kel except that it has a slowly freezing atmosphere. 2 times thinner than Kel's.

What's more,  3 million years ago. it was once orbiting Kerolon when for some reason, it passed by Mesmo very closely and then got slingshotted away from the system at ludicrous speeds. it once had an atmosphere with the thickness of 1.3 atmospheres. then it started to slowly freeze over as it wandered into the freezing, deep space, right now it has the atmosphere about 4x thicker than the Atmosphere of Kel which is slowly freezing to this day, located somewhere near Kerolon.

Mesmo's texture looks kind of old, maybe a new stormier texture and a bit more orange.

woops, i mean a new Ice giant smaller than Novus.

As with the new ice giant, it would be similar to Hypat, located in a polar orbit and orbiting retrograde of all of the planets in the system, it would be located 5x further than the last planet in the system and would have a very eccentric orbit. making it a very hard place to reach but, it would be an interesting one. The new ice giant would have 4 moons in orbit around it, one of them would be similar to Laho or Kel.

That moon may have snow storms so, if you are going to land here, make sure you have windshield wipers!

what's more interesting about the new ice giant is that it would have another ice giant in orbit around it, this time it is about 800 kilometers, which is 100 kilometers bigger than Stock Eve, making it the smallest gassy body ever discovered.

the main ice giant would be around 1700 kilometers so, it would be a binary. and the second ice giant would have no moons.

This ice giant was the last planet to be discovered around Kerolon.

I will name the Ice giant Volosoo

Though you can name it other names you like. Same with the rogue planet.

if you don't want to add the gas giant or the rogue planet,  just don't.

Extra: Maybe a KSS Kolony wreckage located somewhere. Probably in orbit around a star or crashed on a planet.

Reposted for more notice. [Sorry]

Edited by Darkspace

Fixed black holes and Installation X. Now stable orbits are possible without exploding. Also smoothened the atmosphere of Sulph and now its oceans will slowly overheat your crafts (acidic properties).

screenshot124.png?width=775&height=436

Updates in:

- KSS_0.8.2.1_Core

- KSS_0.8.2.1_Kermes_Galaxy

- KSS_0.8.2.1_Nova_Kirbani_System

Edited by StarCrusher96

@StarCrusher96 

Looks like you set up your flare replacer cfg incorrectly in a part which is pretty important.

@Scatterer_config:Final:NEEDS[FlareReplacer]
{
	@fullLensFlareReplacement = True <------ this needs to be false
}

What you are doing here is enabling both scatterer and flare replacer flares at the same time.

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@StarCrusher96 

Looks like you set up your flare replacer cfg incorrectly in a part which is pretty important.

@Scatterer_config:Final:NEEDS[FlareReplacer]
{
	@fullLensFlareReplacement = True <------ this needs to be false
}

What you are doing is enabling both scatterer and flare replacer flares at the same time.

Yeah that's on purpose. 

When Flarereplacer is installed, scatterer disables its own flares.

Item:NEEDS[!FlareReplacer] = Kerbol

This way i can keep the nebula's and use the flarereplacements.

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Yeah that's on purpose. 

when Flarereplacer is installed, scatterer disables its own flares.

no, what that snippet does is enable scatterer flares when flare replacer is installed.

@Scatterer_config:Final:NEEDS[FlareReplacer] <------ this runs when flare replacer is installed
{
	@fullLensFlareReplacement = True <------ this tells scatterer to enable its flares
}

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

no, what that snippet does is enable scatterer flares when flare replacer is installed.

@Scatterer_config:Final:NEEDS[FlareReplacer] <------ this runs when flare replacer is installed
{
	@fullLensFlareReplacement = True <------ this tells scatterer to enable its flares
}

explained on Discord ;)

I'm new to KSS, and with the installation tutorials being quite outdated I've been having a hard time getting the mod to work. At the moment, none of the planets or spaceship parts are showing up, and I am certain it's because haven't installed the mod correctly.

Can someone provide a tutorial about how to install KSS 0.8.2?

4 hours ago, Some random person said:

I'm new to KSS, and with the installation tutorials being quite outdated I've been having a hard time getting the mod to work. At the moment, none of the planets or spaceship parts are showing up, and I am certain it's because haven't installed the mod correctly.

Can someone provide a tutorial about how to install KSS 0.8.2?

Did you install KSS Core? If not. Then install it and then download the exoplanets.

If Duna is shown instead of Kerbin in the main menu, then this means its working. 

(And Duna from KSS Looks unusually similar to Mars)

For me, Github is the easiest way to install a mod so, it might be easy for you aswell.

After downloading a file, the WINrar file will open. Inside a folder named KSS Blah blah blah will be a Gamedata. If you want it to be easier but risk accidentally putting it in another file then click the gamedata file and a folder named KSS will be revealed. Click inside Gamedata and drag the KSS folder into here.

Also, are you missing Kopernicus?