[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

New idea, I really gotta cut down on my forum posts lol, my new idea is to have each solar system split up, as some players may not want all the systems or may not be able to properly run all :D of course a version of the mod with all the systems combined would still exist

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

So I got it to run, but no clouds, is it just that this version is a test version?

So I just realized the pics are the upcoming version, sorry, I think I've posted too much on this thread. The mod is awesome, but really pushesmy PC to the limit and takes about 1-2 hours to load lol. I'll decide with the update, it does look amazing

First time loading all the planets takes a while ... second time starting the game should be as fast as normal ...

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

New idea, I really gotta cut down on my forum posts lol, my new idea is to have each solar system split up, as some players may not want all the systems or may not be able to properly run all :D of course a version of the mod with all the systems combined would still exist

0.5 will be like this, standard mod will be kerbol - kirb and kernim, all the other systems will be optional.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Holy guacamole!! Id been using Outer Planets Mod up to this point, but THIS just takes it up a notch! Damn! :D

I'm assuming that the planet orbits somewhat match what's found in OPM (since both mods are intended to reproduce scaled down sizes of the real thing). 

11 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Some Surface pics ... 

Blalo's Giant Impact Peak 

CRATER%20CENTRE%20BLALO.png?dl=1

Laho's lakes shores 

LAHO%20SURFACE.png?dl=1

Elno's poisonous chlorine mist down it's icy canyons

ELNO%20CHLORINE%20PITS.png?dl=1

Esle getting cooked (Kirb without flare)

ESLE%20SURFACE.png?dl=1

Duna Kerbolset

Duna%20Surface.png?dl=1

I just absolutely madly love how Duna looks so much like Mars now! I've always hated how Duna was always way to bright red of a colour. This looks WAY WAY better!

19 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Holy guacamole!! Id been using Outer Planets Mod up to this point, but THIS just takes it up a notch! Damn! :D

I'm assuming that the planet orbits somewhat match what's found in OPM (since both mods are intended to reproduce scaled down sizes of the real thing). 

yes, the distances are almost the same (just checked it).

TEASER : Oh the Blalo giant impact ... Are you sure that's not the ruins of an ancient city ?

I started to write the scenario... the modlist is pretty complete and : i have a question ... how to make the UI disappear ? i'll use the super guidance mod but not all the time.

For the vessels , i have a low , mid and high tech scout  but  i'm always working on insterstellar carriers (KSPI - weakfield plasma is not the most ... economic furthermore, i reserved the alcubierre for the high tech only) i'have idea for some cargo planes (I must include the Pelican from Halo).

But , as i said, your work better... i love high density clouds  Titan-like atmo on planets ( i guess you will make config for scatterer) 

A last thing , don't ofrget to use the "kind of procedural clouds" from the default EVE mod ! it make a great render @Galileo Better than SVE :P (i combined the both mods , it work perfectly and it's perfect Thanke you !)

9 minutes ago, Shkeiru said:

TEASER : Oh the Blalo giant impact ... Are you sure that's not the ruins of an ancient city ?

I started to write the scenario... the modlist is pretty complete and : i have a question ... how to make the UI disappear ? i'll use the super guidance mod but not all the time.

For the vessels , i have a low , mid and high tech scout  but  i'm always working on insterstellar carriers (KSPI - weakfield plasma is not the most ... economic furthermore, i reserved the alcubierre for the high tech only) i'have idea for some cargo planes (I must include the Pelican from Halo).

But , as i said, your work better... i love high density clouds  Titan-like atmo on planets ( i guess you will make config for scatterer) 

A last thing , don't ofrget to use the "kind of procedural clouds" from the default EVE mod ! it make a great render @Galileo Better than SVE :P (i combined the both mods , it work perfectly and it's perfect Thanke you !)

I make screenshots and photoshop the UI away :p Scatterer is finished (just some clouds ...) I'm not sure what you mean with the procedural clouds :s 

16 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

photoshop the UI away

I mean ... IN GAME :P  XD

for the clouds, look at this... 

Look the clouds of kerbin , it's the default config for EVE and it's exactly what i mean by procedural cloud.

44 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I make screenshots and photoshop the UI away :P Scatterer is finished (just some clouds ...) I'm not sure what you mean with the procedural clouds :s 

I think he is talking about using the noise texture to make the clouds move and look almost procedural. To me it looks like a heat vapor over the clouds and looks funny so I leave that alone

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

I think he is talking about using the noise texture to make the clouds move and look almost procedural. To me it looks like a heat vapor over the clouds and looks funny so I leave that alone

oh that ... I already got most of the clouds ready but I also dont like the vaporlike effect. Thought he ment that there was another way of cloudmaking :p

Edited by StarCrusher96

20 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I also dont like

So if you want, it's your mod after all , and i really don't want to pull you far from your original design but that was something great. 

Now I feel guilty, because of you ...

10 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Although maybe make Esle's lava a little brighter shade of red? It looks a little like mud at the moment. :P

Its bright at the surface, but I zoomed out a little and the steamy clouds/scatterer started to interfere.

Really, this will be fun...

EDIT, almost found a low tech carrier design but kerbalism doesn't like it... modifiying the config and cheating some part to make it more Sci-Fi.

mid and hight tech will be a lot easier.

Edited by Shkeiru

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@StarCrusher96 What I was hinting at was, if people only want Kirb or only want Kernim, without any other system, if that was possible, I'm realy asking as my PC isn't the best, 6GB RAM and Intel. Also, for those pics of the trees on the planet, does that require scatter density on and would it consume a lot of RAM? 

Oh now I get it! And I like the idea! Since I have in every system one habitable planet this could be a thing. I'm going to rewrite some parts of the mod and try this :)

I'm not having trouble with those trees (8Gb -Intel) and if you lower the density settings it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I played with an old computer (6G- Intel , that luck XD) . So I really think that your computer can run all systems without trouble maybe you will can't run with graphics mod but  it will be playable. Kopernicus is not the most RAM eater mod (be careful about parts mods).

For info a had this mod list with my old computer: http://pasteboard.co/rZq4PI277.png and it worked perfectly.

Edited by Shkeiru

@StarCrusher96Thanks a ton, also, before I forget, if you could also make it optional to mix and match different systems, like if you want the Kerbol system with the Kormin system, or if you want the Kirb and Kerolon system alone, or if you want the Kerbol and Kirb system like me (I want to start on Blalo with this set up), basically if you enable players to play with different systems included and be able to select which system they start on. Like this, if you divide it into these different folders, Kerbol START which means you start on Kerbin Kirb START, Kormin START, Kerolon START, Korlon START, Kelaris START, and other folders labeled Kerbol system, Kird system, Kormin system, Kerolon system, Korlon system and The All, in each of these you would have a readme that says if you install for example Kerbol START don't install Kerbol system. This way, players can choose what system to start in, and what additional star systems they want.   @Shkeiru I'm not just intending on playing, I wanna record, and running windows recorder slows the game down a little.