[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

by sunday probably ... the kopernicus issue slowed the dev down

ok thank you if I start a new career now will I be able to add this when its released or would I need to restart my mod list is the same as the old just with research bodies installed as well

1 minute ago, AceCrafted said:

ok thank you if I start a new career now will I be able to add this when its released or would I need to restart my mod list is the same as the old just with research bodies installed as well

I think you can just add KSS but ... make sure you have a backup :)

11 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey @StarCrusher96. I happened to peek at the current download and thought about your Antimatter config. You may want to check it over (unless you've done so already) as it may conflict with similar in KSPI-E.

Loving the progress and pics of course, btw. :) 

Yeah , i never seen any tank filled your antimatter ressource.

37 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey @StarCrusher96. I happened to peek at the current download and thought about your Antimatter config. You may want to check it over (unless you've done so already) as it may conflict with similar in KSPI-E.

Loving the progress and pics of course, btw. :) 

I've changed it into plasma :p

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@StarCrusher96 :o Tell me more. i was just about to say a lot about the state of the engine as it is in the current DL. on a related note I'm thinking of modifying some tanks myself.

well I got an edited version of the LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor called the SRX-Flux Plasma Engine, using Helium (also added some Helium tanks) to make plasma, it's capable of descent atmo flights and fast interstellar travel. Its very expensive but also more efficient than any engine.

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

well I got an edited version of the LV-N Atomic Rocket Motor called the SRX-Flux Plasma Engine, using Helium (also added some Helium tanks) to make plasma, it's capable of descent atmo flights and fast interstellar travel. Its very expensive but also more efficient than any engine.

Helium. Why not Metallic Hydrogen? ;D Sounds epic. I always thought Helium was rather inert. Then again, so is Xenon and that's a fuel too... :blush: 

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Helium. Why not Metallic Hydrogen? ;D Sounds epic. I always thought Helium was rather inert. Then again, so is Xenon and that's a fuel too... :blush: 

I just looked up the density and capability of Helium as a plasma and it seems a descent fuel :p

I also added a lot of resources to CRP so you can mine Helium and a lot of other elements :)

Edited by StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

is 0.45 compatible with research bodies or will that be added in 0.5?

added in 0.5 ... 0.45 was just a testversion for the planets (so you only got planets) 

Edited by StarCrusher96

Okay. Very cool. On a similar note I've done boatloads with Karbonite and Karborundum for Galileo's planets. :)

And I've tweaked a few engines as well for it and for personal fun.

Edited by JadeOfMaar