[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

18 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

A pretty death for Korlon.

PLANET%20NEBULA.png?dl=1

Very, very cool. The question is, how did you make it? It looks like you created a texture for the nebula and set it as a corona for the star. Would it be better if I PMed you?

3 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Very, very cool. The question is, how did you make it? It looks like you created a texture for the nebula and set it as a corona for the star. Would it be better if I PMed you?

no prob, I used scatterer for it :)

5 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

no prob, I used scatterer for it :)

Yeah I just had an epiphany after I posted that and thought, "Wait. SCATTERER!"

Scatterer is a godsend.

I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before. Now I can add the Helix Nebula into Constellations. Yay!

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

14 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yeah I just had an epiphany after I posted that and thought, "Wait. SCATTERER!"

Scatterer is a godsend.

I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before. Now I can add the Helix Nebula into Constellations. Yay!

the only 'problem' is that the nebula can't be a 'stationary object' , the texture moves with you like the flares in every direction

25 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

the only 'problem' is that the nebula can't be a 'stationary object' , the texture moves with you like the flares in every direction

Yeah I'm aware. Minor problem though considering how cool it is to have a nebula in KSP.

Please don't pester the dev for updates, especially as closely as "Is it uploading right now?" When they're good and finished you'll see a post with very large/bold letters clearly announcing it.

There's a forum rule against this pestering and you can get reported.

3 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

@StarCrusher96 Wow!  Very nice progress!  Keep it up and TAKE YOUR TIME!!  All good things come to us KSP users who show patience.  

On a side note, "Science Type Stuff" will come much later correct?

Yes writing science is for 0.55/0.6, the amount of planets is a little too high :P

8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Yes writing science is for 0.55/0.6, the amount of planets is a little too high :P

What do you mean writing science for .55? What kind of science are you talking about? 

If I were to land on one of the new planets or moons, is there science data available in .45 or .5? Like science data from high, or low orbit, or from the surface, ect??

10 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

What do you mean writing science for .55? What kind of science are you talking about? 

If I were to land on one of the new planets or moons, is there science data available in .45 or .5? Like science data from high, or low orbit, or from the surface, ect??

there is no science data like you described ...

I need to write science for 50 bodies  ...

Edited by StarCrusher96

19 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Does it require coding or is it as simple as editing the config files? If so, I could help to speed the process :)

1 minute ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Does it require coding or is it as simple as editing the config files? If so, I could help to speed the process :)

It is just writing sentences, but I'm planning to make it like i did with descriptions. So who wants to help can help then.

Edited by StarCrusher96

22 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

If you didn't write science defs, the game just uses stock ones and replaces the celestial body name. Most of the bodies in GPP just use stock generic science defs. So, there is science data, just not custom ones.

43 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you didn't write science defs, the game just uses stock ones and replaces the celestial body name. Most of the bodies in GPP just use stock generic science defs. So, there is science data, just not custom ones.

didn't know that?! For some bodies I need to write custom ones :p But good to know!!

Edited by StarCrusher96