[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

didn't know that?! For some bodies I need to write costum ones :P But good to know!!

Yeah, if you have a bunch of bodies that just have high lands, mid lands and low lands biomes, don't worry about custom science defs. It's a waste of time. Only the more unique bodies truly need it

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yeah, if you have a bunch of bodies that just have high lands, mid lands and low lands biomes, don't worry about custom science defs. It's a waste of time. Only the more unique bodies truly need it

nice!!

6 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

If you need any help I'm happy to lend a hand

I'll remember! I'll probably start with science this week and I'll just add it to the downloads, so there would be no need for a 0.55 or 0.60

Edited by StarCrusher96

0.5 IS OUT!!

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

-> 0.5 works not like 0.45; delete previous versions + don't use the custom kopernicusfile anymore!

Changes

• Rewrote the configs for the VanillaPlanets so Kopernicus don't need to be edited anymore!
  • A lot of retexturing and new details!
  • Added new planets
  • Added a new star Kelin to the Kirb - Kernim System transforming it into the Nova Kirbani System (Alpha Centauri analog)
  • Added the Kelaris System acting as a North Pole Star (with scatterer)
  • Added biomemaps to all the celestials BUT they are not all assigned yet, meaning 1/4 th of the biomes do work. (all the habitable worlds should work)
  • Some planets have groundscattering (test)
  • Calculated new parameters for a some bodies (gravity, atmo, ...)
  • Added new descriptions for every major planet. - thx to @Greatness101 & @Calvin_Maclure

• ... A lot more!

***rings might be broken + Solar Output of the stars is broken -> meaning: solar panels work but a red dwarf star will emit as much energy as a G2 star like Kerbol. (this will be fixed soon)

NOT INCLUDED:

• new engines (still testing)
  • compatibility with other mods (although this is ready, I want to see how 0.5 runs and what the major bugs are)

VISUAL MODS
=> ALL included so don't download them first. Just paste the files like described.

INCLUDES:

• Scatterer - RECOMMENDED
  • EVE Clouds (not yet with the 'new' EVE due to 'problems & bugs') - thx to @Artem Kerman
  • DistantObject - RECOMMENDED
  • TextureReplacer

** With Scatterer and DistantObject combined the new starsystems are visible from Kerbin.

Edited by StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

Great. Cant wait to download and play.

So research bodies isn't compatible yet?

didn't include it yet ... I'd like to see if 0.5 works for everybody and what the major bugs are. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

@The-Doctor Solar panels work at every star but every star will generate the same out of energy as Kerbol. (Better than them generating no energy)

@StarCrusher96 Concerning ResearchBodies you -will- need to write something for every planet, but just one discovery statement each. Let the helping hands help there too since 50 is still plenty. :) And congrats on the release!

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@The-Doctor Solar panels work at every star but every star will generate the same out of energy as Kerbol. (Better than them generating no energy)

@StarCrusher96 Concerning ResearchBodies you -will- need to write something for every planet, but just one discovery statement each. Let the helping hands help there too since 50 is still plenty. :) And congrats on the release!

thx!

58 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@StarCrusher96 first and old bug, I cant see daylight when I'm at the KSC, even when I time accelerate 

Took me a long while to find Blalo, I really just wanna start there in that system, would KSC switcher work? Or is that planned for a future update? This is all with no mods btw, I only have this mod installed 

That is not an old bug, that is normal when moving KSC (read the kopernicus thread). I'm going to be very clear about it, if the mod is not in the list with compatibility on page 1 or in the changelog of a release, KSS is not yet compatible. 0.5 is not compatible with any mod atm. Like I said , I want to see first what the major bugs are before releasing all the other stuff. The majority is ready and I already have the configs to start on other planets ... 

When I get some reviews of 0.5 i will release some other features and see how those work ...

AND PLZ start to read all the stuf before asking questions. THX

1 hour ago, AceCrafted said:

@StarCrusher96 In the contracts Kerbol is replaced by Taythe, again I would be happy to see if I could help with the contracts and I would be more than able to help with the ResearchBodies stuff as well

okay thx!

Edited by StarCrusher96

31 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

I have fixed the Taythe contracts issue. All you need to do is set the ishomeworld setting in the Taythe Kopernicus config to false

I knew I forgot something. I was messing around with moving the KSC to other planets and I forgot to change that line. already uploading a version with this fix. thx for reporting!!

14 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

@StarCrusher96 bug, on Blalo, EVA jetpack doesn't appear, neither does the eva suit but it does work

Hey can you send me the configs to start on Blalo? I know this seems a bit to ask for it personally,I'm really bored here :P 

no. no special treatment ... If I give it to you, I should give it to everybody and as stated above I want first some reviews. Expect it by next week.

thx for reporting!

Edited by StarCrusher96

@StarCrusher96 Just downloaded and installed .5

It seems that with every installation of a new update, it breaks the orbits of existing satellites. Is there a way for you to fix that bug? Because if someone spends 100 hours in career mode positioning satellites in complicated orbit, only to update KSS and find that all of the hard work is gone. It's happened to me with every update since .4 I've got hundreds of hours in Career gameplay and with an update to .5 I am back to the beginning with no satellites. ;.;

Edited by Voodoo8648

4 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

@StarCrusher96 Just downloaded and installed .5

It seems that with every installation of a new update, it breaks the orbits of existing satellites. Is there a way for you to fix that bug? Because if someone spends 100 hours in career mode positioning satellites in complicated orbit, only to update KSS and find that all of the hard work is gone. It's happened to me with every update since .4 I've got hundreds of hours in Career gameplay and with an update to .5 I am back to the beginning with no satellites. ;.;

I already told this a few days ago this would happen ... I changed the way KSS work in a way like GPP to allow compatibility with other packs and to get rid of some bugs ... This should be the last time it happens ... I did not move any celestial in the Kerbol System and I don't think this is something that I can fix if it happened from updating.

Edited by StarCrusher96

5 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I already told this a few days ago this would happen ... I changed the way KSS work in a way like GPP to allow compatibility with other packs and to get rid of some bugs ... This should be the last time it happens ... I did not move any celestial in the Kerbol System and I don't think this is something that I can fix if it happened from updating.

Ok, So do you think the disappeared satellites are from changes? Do you think the disappeared satellites will happen in any future KSS updates? I'm asking because I'm scared to put any more time into launching satellites for fear of the orbits breaking on future updates.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Voodoo8648 No one should be playing career in this mod (unless it's firstly to spot other issues and provide feedback) since KSS is still quite deep in development. Please wait unto an actual v1.0 or v1.x before starting a serious playthrough.

I see. Ok.