[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

@StarCrusher96 I see that from the change log, the star systems are supposed to be visible from Kerbin if DOE and scatterer are installed. Exactly how did you go about doing this? Or is it just something that happens by default? I'd love to be able to see the big dipper from Earth. :)

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I just messed with DOE actually. It will handle every celestial on its own and with a good assumption of their colors (or just white) by default. Its config merely lets you set your own colors and set colors for their mouseover names otherwise they're all white.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I just messed with DOE actually. It will handle every celestial on its own and with a good assumption of their colors by default. Its config merely lets you set your own colors.

See the weird thing is, its not working like that for me. Is it possibly due to my stars being too far away? The farthest star in Constellations, Polaris, is 43.38 light-years away in the game (1/10 of its actual distance). Could this be the source of my problem?

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Possibly... In DistantObject\Plugins\Settings.cfg there are params for flareSize and flareBrightness among other things. Play with those two and tell me how it works out. :) 

Or maybe get someone to upsize its flare dds or the model, whichever works . Hmm. :/ I just realized those settings are for the sliders in-game and might break if you raise them past 1.5

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

@StarCrusher96 I see that from the change log, the star systems are supposed to be visible from Kerbin if DOE and scatterer are installed. Exactly how did you go about doing this? Or is it just something that happens by default? I'd love to be able to see the big dipper from Earth. :)

I scaled the scattererflares as realistic as possible and because my stars are not lightyears away, with DOE darkening the skybox to 10% and flares off (otherwise every planet in every system shows up) you can see the other stars 

-> Nova Kirbani is very faint, like 1 pixel

-> Kormin not visible (normal -> brown dwarf)

-> Kerolon, Kelaris, Korlon are normaly visible even during daytime.

-> Kerbol is also visible from the Nova Kirbani system as a white pixel (not searched for Kerbol in the other systems)

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures Possibly... In DistantObject\Plugins\Settings.cfg there are params for flareSize and flareBrightness among other things. Play with those two and tell me how it works out. :) 

Or maybe get someone to upsize its flare dds or the model, whichever works . Hmm. :/ I just realized those settings are for the sliders in-game and might break if you raise them past 1.5

dont use the DOE flares, use scatterer flares 

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

But everything is scaled ? so it could work... 

What I am noticing is that star sunflares are visible from light years away but only in the map view and each star can only be seen if it is focused on in the map view. This is probably something I should bring to the scatterer thread right?

@StarCrusher96 Since KSS has many stars I'd be fine with that. :) I might keep DOE flares on but nerf them to honor the star flares.

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures I'm aware of that issue too...........Be my guest. You're not alone with that experience. Specifically, their flares and spikes scale with distance alright but their ghosts do not.

2 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

What I am noticing is that star sunflares are visible from light years away but only in the map view and each star can only be seen if it is focused on in the map view. This is probably something I should bring to the scatterer thread right?

I already asked Blackrack if it is possible to make stars visible across lightyears. But he said it is not possible atm.

Edited by StarCrusher96