[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

5 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

probably 2 weeks from now .. maybe more, depends on school 

To elaborate a little further on timeframes, could you give an approximation as to when you might release a version of KSS that you would be able to recommend starting a serious career mode?

I was told a few days ago not to start any serious career game until 1.0 is released, so my KSP playing is on hold. (I don't play sandbox)

Just wondering when a career ready version could be released. :)

Just now, Voodoo8648 said:

To elaborate a little further on timeframes, could you give an approximation as to when you might release a version of KSS that you would be able to recommend starting a serious career mode?

I was told a few days ago not to start any serious career game until 1.0 is released, so my KSP playing is on hold. (I don't play sandbox)

Just wondering when a career ready version could be released. :)

Thats a little difficult because I can't foresee the future. But I guess by Easter? Plz don't forget it is a huge mod and it takes time to make and test new stuff.

53 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

OK it's just for my yt series I want to use research bodies. It seems to work it just makes my game really laggy

has research bodies compatibility been added yet? If not, it will not work correctly. Only the stock bodies will work. ALL of the other bodies will always remain blurry until support has been added.

22 minutes ago, Galileo said:

has research bodies compatibility been added yet? If not, it will not work correctly. Only the stock bodies will work. ALL of the other bodies will always remain blurry until support has been added.

no not been added ... but people are impatient these days.

1 hour ago, Greatness101 said:

I for one would rather have a carefully crafted mod than a rushed mod, so take your time!

KSS is a BIG mod and these extra-planetary systems have a lot of planets and moons which slow down the development process. I feel KSS is a WONDERFUL mod for use in career mode, but it's no good if it never gets a final 1.0 release, ready for career game play. 

Honestly, I make a suggestion that @StarCrusher96 work on a smaller, more manageable version of KSS with less star systems and less planets. Work on optimizing that version for CAREER mode. Get it functional. Get a 1.0 version released where he can advocated starting a serious career. THEN work on adding more star systems and planets in later releases; 2.0, 3.0 versions.

As it is, KSS has so many stars and planets and moons that it would be nearly impossible for anyone playing in career mode to go visit all these celestial bodies anyway! My personal opinion that the shear size of KSS as it is, is counter-productive for a few reasons. #1, Computer resource usage and requirements. #2, development process. I say give us a smaller version with ONE or TWO solar systems (perhaps with less planets and moons) that are functional and playable in career mode with minimal to no bugs, then release more solar system packs in future versions (or release them as add-ons so people can CHOOSE how many solar systems they want loaded), And be able to release the future updates without breaking the current gameplay. 

I'm making this suggestion because I feel like the current release of KSS is so monumental, so gargantuan than it is extremely difficult for one person to get this mod to a full functional 1.0 career ready release in the foreseeable future.    

@StarCrusher96  before working on more planetary nebulas and texture and all this other stuff I would suggest FOCUSING on the release of just ONE single solar system that's functional and career ready. With biomes, science and compatible with the Kerbnet comm system. After a full release of a full functional system, THEN slowly and METHODICALLY start adding new features in future updates. Giving peace of mind to those playing in career that nothing is going to happen to the existing celestials. 

It's called Kerbal SPACE PROGRAM ...... Not Kerbal Sandbox. The game was designed to be a career progression type of simulator. KSS further expands on the "endgame" aspect. With KSS as big as it is now, it's unusable in it's entirety because of the size. 

Edited by Voodoo8648

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

Yes that's the thing with scatterer :P 

Awww... I thought you had yet again found the holy grail.... I'm so disappointed :sticktongue:

Anyway. Mind if i use some of your terrain textures in my mod? It's a procedural galaxy generator. And I need textures for the planets.

@Voodoo8648 I understand you're opinion and it would probably better to work like this but I was planning on first releasing all the systems and then making system after system ready for career or other stuff. 

7 minutes ago, daniel l. said:

Awww... I thought you had yet again found the holy grail.... I'm so disappointed :sticktongue:

Anyway. Mind if i use some of your terrain textures in my mod? It's a procedural galaxy generator. And I need textures for the planets.

You need to ask Galileo... I got them from him and they are just the SVE textures.

you mean terrain textures?

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hi i have decided to have a go at making my own planet pack and despite me being alright at coding I am terrible at texture designing so I was wondering if I could use your terrain textures. Also do you use a software for planet textures or do you create them yourself and if so what or how???

3 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

Hi i have decided to have a go at making my own planet pack and despite me being alright at coding I am terrible at texture designing so I was wondering if I could use your terrain textures. Also do you use a software for planet textures or do you create them yourself and if so what or how???

I create them myself with photoshop, by mixing and editing existing textures (not used in other planet packs) from other sources, sometimes i make a texture from just a drawing. It depends ... and use PQS mod editing !

Edited by StarCrusher96