[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

I'm a bit confused, do you intend on developing 2 systems first to be ready for release (Kerbol and the alpha centauri like system) to be career mode ready before developing the others? Or do you plan on developing all systems at one go? Also, just outta does the alpha centauri system have to include all 3 stars due to coding and is it posible to not include Kerbol?

Anyone know what community reputation is and what rank is?

15 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I'm a bit confused, do you intend on developing 2 systems first to be ready for release (Kerbol and the alpha centauri like system) to be career mode ready before developing the others? Or do you plan on developing all systems at one go? Also, just outta does the alpha centauri system have to include all 3 stars due to coding and is it posible to not include Kerbol?

Anyone know what community reputation is and what rank is?

All the systems will stay ingame but I will improve system by system with each update so lets say within 2 weeks a 0.6 version with the Kerbol System completely finished with working biomes and science... 2 weeks further the Nova Kirbani system, ... but all the other systems will still be available

So you want Kerbals to be from Blalo? I am not going to start custom designing the mod at this point in dev. KSS is now intented to start your interstellar space program from Kerbin. And maybe in the future you'll be able to start from Blalo or Taythe but that will be after a v1.00 release.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Oh no that's not what I was asking, I was asing what that other commentor mentioned. He said you should focus on 1 system so that it can be career mode ready and that one person can't get a mod this size ready any time soon. I was asking if you agreed with what he said.

Speaking of Blalo, actually I think the desert one would be my ideal starting planet, Blalo's pressure is too high

12 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@StarCrusher96 I really want to experiment with this mod, but I doubt my computer could handle both the planet pack and the visual enhancements. How do I take out EVE without breaking the whole mod?

Haha experimenting? You could download the visuals and not install the clouds part or just dont use visuals but kss wont look very fancy :P

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

Oh no that's not what I was asking, I was asing what that other commentor mentioned. He said you should focus on 1 system so that it can be career mode ready and that one person can't get a mod this size ready any time soon. I was asking if you agreed with what he said.

Speaking of Blalo, actually I think the desert one would be my ideal starting planet, Blalo's pressure is too high

Blalo's atmo pressure will drop to a 1.15/1.2 atmo instead of 1.66. Alva is not habitable by kerbal standards :P

Edited by StarCrusher96

20 minutes ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Is there a way to keep the original Kerbol system while adding OPM and this for the other star systems?

Euhm what are you asking?

KSS is at the moment not compatible with OPM.

18 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Not Alva, Ilna (dunno how it spells it starts with an I and it's in the alpha centauri like system) it's the one I landed on 

http://i.imgur.com/r9JTzaf.png this planet

Ilve :P how are you going to launch a rocket with such a high surface gravity and atmospheric pressure?

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Ok... Is there a way to keep the original Kerbol system without adding new planets and changing the textures?

Edit: forget what you just red here about deleting stuff. I think i made (what you're asking) it a little complicated with 0.5. But I am not at home atm and i need my pc to check everything because what you ask needs certain files to be edited and certain files to be deleted.

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, AceCrafted said:

Hi I am really bad at making my own textures and editing existing ones so would it be ok for me to use your planet textures in my pack you would get full credit. Also how do the terrain textures work?

No I'm sorry I've worked too hard on those textures to give them away. So I'm sorry, no permission. This mod is also licensed. 

You add the terrain textures into the PQS section of the planet's cfg.

maybe you can have a look at this: https://github.com/Kopernicus/KopernicusExamples/

Edited by StarCrusher96

6 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

As @StarCrusher96 said on page 15 in response to my suggestion, it is his intention to release all systems FIRST, and THEN work on making the mod stable and career capable (one star system at a time). He's still creating NEW bodies and textures! Look at the new planetary nebula for Korlon posted just yesterday! He doesn't seem to be focusing on making the mod as a whole stable and getting it to a full 1.0 version released. He's busy trying to cram everything (that should be released over a series of versions 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0 ect.) into one gigantic 1.0 version. At this point, it seems that he's using the mod and the forum to endlessly create new celestial models and textures to show off his (outstanding) artistic abilities, rather than focus and work diligently toward a goal for a stable and finished 1.0.

I believe he should be working on just ONE star system with a few planets and moons, and release that as a fully operational 1.0 version, and THEN work on future star systems behind the scenes to be added in future versions. Meanwhile allowing those of us who love the CONCEPT of this mod to enjoy a smaller, WORKING version where careers won't be broken with future KSS updates.  

@The-Doctor Given his clearly stated interventions, I wouldn't expect a full, stable 1.0 release anytime in the near future. 

Edited by Voodoo8648

9 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

As @StarCrusher96 said on page 15 in response to my suggestion, it is his intention to release all systems FIRST, and THEN work on making the mod stable and career capable (one star system at a time). He's still creating NEW bodies and textures! Look at the new planetary nebula for Korlon posted just yesterday! He doesn't seem to be focusing on making the mod as a whole stable and getting it to a full 1.0 version released. He's busy trying to cram everything (that should be released over a series of versions 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0 ect.) into one gigantic 1.0 version. At this point, it seems that he's using the mod and the forum to endlessly create new celestial models and textures to show off his (outstanding) artistic abilities, rather than focus and work diligently toward a goal for a stable and finished 1.0.

I believe he should be working on just ONE star system with a few moons, and release that as a fully operational 1.0 version, and THEN work on future star systems behind the scenes to be added in future versions. Meanwhile allowing those of us who love the CONCEPT of this mod to enjoy a smaller, WORKING version where careers won't be broken with future KSS updates.  

@The-Doctor Given his clearly stated interventions, I wouldn't expect a full, stable 1.0 release anytime in the near future. 

excuse me?!

Edited by StarCrusher96

8 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

excuse me?!

He was asking for clarification to something you already clarified. Please don't take any offense. You are incredibly talented. But watching the development of this mod is like watching a pot of water trying to boil; but cups of cold water keep being added to the pot. No offense against you, as you stated, "this is how you work". People need to not be impatient and realize the reality and a realistic time frame. At this rate, it is to my understanding that a finished 1.0 version (of any size) is not going to be released anytime in the foreseeable future and people should adjust their expectations accordingly. 

6 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

He was asking for clarification to something you already clarified. Please don't take any offense. You are incredibly talented. But watching the development of this mod is like watching a pot of water trying to boil; but cups of cold water keep being added to the pot. No offense against you, as you stated, "this is how you work". People need to not be impatient and realize the reality and a realistic time frame. At this rate, it is to my understanding that a finished 1.0 version (of any size) is not going to be released anytime in the foreseeable future and people should adjust their expectations accordingly. 

It just sounded like I'am abusing the forum which is something I not want/intend to do. I know those who like career will have to wait longer but I'm not 24/24 working on KSS. I'm also a full time student at university and KSS is my freetime project (I already risked too much during my exams by working on 0.5). With the option of choosing your systems in 0.5 I intended to make the mod smaller. So this means a stable smaller career version is not far away with the upcoming developement and releases. I hope you understand now that the size of the mod won't matter from now on.

Edited by StarCrusher96

16 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

It just sounded like I'am abusing the forum which is something I not want to do. I know those who like career will have to wait longer but I'm not 24/24 working on KSS. I'm also a full time student at university and KSS is my freetime project (I already risked too much during my exams by working on 0.5). With the option of choosing your systems in 0.5 I intended to make the mod smaller. So this means a stable smaller career version is not far away with the upcoming developement and releases.

I understand that you have school and you are not working on KSS 24/7. People have to jobs and goto school. Totally understandable. Knowing this, it obviously prolongs the development of ANY mod for any developer... which is why I made the suggestion to consolidate the mod into a more manageable project so that we can can see some "light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. A finish line. At this point there is no end to the development process in sight because of your limited amount of time and the scale of the project.

In this situation, consolidating the project only makes sense. You're not willing to do that which is your prerogative. As you stated in PM, if we don't like it, don't use KSS... 

@StarCrusher96 @Voodoo8648  Guys calm down, I think Voodoo was a bit to harsh. I like this mod, it's beautiful, and I accept that it will be months away from a true release, so I'm gonna play GPP but not start youtube, I will start youtube when this mod is ready, meanwhile, I need to play something to stay sane.

@Voodoo8648 In my experience, there's mods I'm still waiting for, and the dev said it would be out in December. These things take time and are unpredictable, just calm down bro, I think you are also in the same situation where you need something to stay sane and ksp is the last resort, I get it, just calm down, join me on GPP

2 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I understand that you have school and you are not working on KSS 24/7. People have to jobs and goto school. Totally understandable. Knowing this, it obviously prolongs the development of ANY mod for any developer... which is why I made the suggestion to consolidate the mod into a more manageable project so that we can can see some "light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak. A finish line. At this point there is no end to the development process in sight because of your limited amount of time and the scale of the project.

In this situation, consolidating the project only makes sense. You're not willing to do that which is your prerogative. As you stated in PM, if we don't like it, don't use KSS... 

Dude. Starcrusher said multiple times already that he's making this mod modular in future updates. A stable version with less systems will be possible in the near future. People who want the full mod can wait patiently, and those who want a smaller version faster are getting their wish.

@StarCrusher96 It was not my intention to come across as "harsh" or mean. I am a business analyst and project manager; this is what I do professionally for a financial living. In the adult / business world, constructive feedback can sometimes come across as brutal; but yet the message is not to be personally offensive. The mere intention was to help improve upon the efficiency of the development process.

You are a very talented artist when it comes to creating a planet pack and it would be incredible to see even a small portion of this mod come to fruition. I am eager to see future versions of your extraordinary work. :)