[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

No that's definitely photoshop I'm talking about.. I'm a graphic/web designer irl and I teach Adobe CC programs as an assistant at the Art Institute of Austin, so I know my way around PS.. Gimp is a terrible program in comparison to PS and I don't recommend it but it's ok for those who can't afford creative cloud and basic image manipulation I suppose..

Cool! I teached myself photoshop because they wont teach it at school ( although graphic design is important for architecture). And just found the filter on photoshop! Thx :P

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

No that's definitely photoshop I'm talking about.. I'm a graphic/web designer irl and I teach Adobe CC programs as an assistant at the Art Institute of Austin, so I know my way around PS.. Gimp is a terrible program in comparison to PS and I don't recommend it but it's ok for those who can't afford creative cloud and basic image manipulation I suppose..

Yeah the polar coordinates thing is in both GIMP and photoshop, and they are under similar menus.

At least GIMP is not as bad as paint.net :D. I use photoshop occasionally, as some of the computers at my high school have it installed, and it is definitely much better than GIMP. However, for my purposes, GIMP serves me just fine. Once you use photoshop for a while, I'm assuming its impossible to use GIMP.

1 hour ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Yeah the polar coordinates thing is in both GIMP and photoshop, and they are under similar menus.

At least GIMP is not as bad as paint.net :D. I use photoshop occasionally, as some of the computers at my high school have it installed, and it is definitely much better than GIMP. However, for my purposes, GIMP serves me just fine. Once you use photoshop for a while, I'm assuming its impossible to use GIMP.

Don't even get me started on paint.net...lol

1 hour ago, Alec Joosten said:

I just installed the EVE and Scatterer files when I noticed something with Moho (it's just Moho). It has an 'atmosphere' far above the surface and is moving very quikly. I tried looking into the files, but couldn't find anything.

That's normal. It is the interaction between Moho's magnetosphere and the solarwind. But I thought I removed it from the visuals haha :p 

Edited by StarCrusher96

Alright. I understand the intention, but I also find it quite odd, so in case I want to remove it, which file(s) do I need to edit/remove?

Sidenote: EVE + Scatterer looks beautiful and it made me love this pack even more! Thumbs up to you and the authors of EVE and Scatterer! :wink:

2 hours ago, Alec Joosten said:

Alright. I understand the intention, but I also find it quite odd, so in case I want to remove it, which file(s) do I need to edit/remove?

Sidenote: EVE + Scatterer looks beautiful and it made me love this pack even more! Thumbs up to you and the authors of EVE and Scatterer! :wink:

thx and I dont even like it too (I removed it from the visual-download) haha :p go to: BoulderCo\Clouds -> Surface_glow -> delete this entire part.

Spoiler

CLOUD_LAYER
    {
        SAVED
        {
            body = Moho
            altitude = 500
            volume = False
            color
            {
                r = 0.25
                g = 0.2
                b = 0.16
                a = 0.1
            }
            main_texture
            {
                file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/glow
                scale = 1
                offset
                {
                    x = 0
                    y = 0
                }
                speed
                {
                    x = 2.5E-08
                    y = 0
                }
            }
            scaled_shader_floats
            {
                falloffPower = 2
                falloffScale = 0
                detailDistance = 0.00875
                minimumLight = 5
                fadeDistance = 0.4
                rimDistance = 1
            }
            shader_floats
            {
                falloffPower = 2
                falloffScale = 0
                detailDistance = 2E-06
                minimumLight = 5
                fadeDistance = 1000
                rimDistance = 0.0001
            }
        }
    }

Edited by StarCrusher96

33 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

thx and I dont even like it too (I removed it from the visual-download) haha :P go to: BoulderCo\Clouds -> Surface_glow -> delete this entire part.

Reveal hidden contents

CLOUD_LAYER
    {
        SAVED
        {
            body = Moho
            altitude = 500
            volume = False
            color
            {
                r = 0.25
                g = 0.2
                b = 0.16
                a = 0.1
            }
            main_texture
            {
                file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/glow
                scale = 1
                offset
                {
                    x = 0
                    y = 0
                }
                speed
                {
                    x = 2.5E-08
                    y = 0
                }
            }
            scaled_shader_floats
            {
                falloffPower = 2
                falloffScale = 0
                detailDistance = 0.00875
                minimumLight = 5
                fadeDistance = 0.4
                rimDistance = 1
            }
            shader_floats
            {
                falloffPower = 2
                falloffScale = 0
                detailDistance = 2E-06
                minimumLight = 5
                fadeDistance = 1000
                rimDistance = 0.0001
            }
        }
    }

Thanks! I'll do it as soon as possible.

Love this mod, it's stunning, you're an Artist!
Thank you.

Anyway, i'm triyng to implement it with Sigma, to rescale all the stellar system to 10X scale (i'm a masochist, i know) but they don't want to work together, i don't know why.
The game froze during the loading of the Savegame.

I discover, that if i delete the RemoveStockPlanets.cfg in the KopernicusFiles, it works, but with the vanilla planets orbiting around the Creator..Jeb is a bit disappointed.

Can you help me to make it work? it will be a mastodontic implementation to this great, little universe!!

Per Aspera at Astra

10 hours ago, Artem Kerman said:

My screenshots album with Kerbol StarSystem [0.5].RNiC7on.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. If you looked at some of those images from a good enough distance, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between them a an actual picture in real life!

I will never be able to make Constellations or Extrasolar look that amazing :D. Good on you @StarCrusher96 and all who have contributed to this mod.

3 hours ago, SartinMax said:

Love this mod, it's stunning, you're an Artist!
Thank you.

Anyway, i'm triyng to implement it with Sigma, to rescale all the stellar system to 10X scale (i'm a masochist, i know) but they don't want to work together, i don't know why.
The game froze during the loading of the Savegame.

I discover, that if i delete the RemoveStockPlanets.cfg in the KopernicusFiles, it works, but with the vanilla planets orbiting around the Creator..Jeb is a bit disappointed.

Can you help me to make it work? it will be a mastodontic implementation to this great, little universe!!

Per Aspera at Astra

Thx! Can you send me the files you used in PM? 

2 hours ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

Absolutely beautiful. If you looked at some of those images from a good enough distance, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between them a an actual picture in real life!

I will never be able to make Constellations or Extrasolar look that amazing :D. Good on you @StarCrusher96 and all who have contributed to this mod.

Thx ! :)

Edited by StarCrusher96

StarCrusher, is it possible to provide me with a EVE config which only provides the gas giant lightning effect and nothing else? I love the effect yet my computer cant handle the stress of clouds.

Also, my craft explode due to overheating on Kerbin or anywhere for that matter...

43 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

StarCrusher, is it possible to provide me with a EVE config which only provides the gas giant lightning effect and nothing else? I love the effect yet my computer cant handle the stress of clouds.

Also, my craft explode due to overheating on Kerbin or anywhere for that matter...

Just go to BoulderCo/Clouds and delete everything except for the lightning.cfg.

PM me plz about this overheating issue. 

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

It's a bit consuming, my pc with 8GB ram has trouble running it, it works and moves smoothly sometimes, but overall it pushes my pc to the edge. A low quality version for the visuals would be good for many

Well 8 gigs still isn't very much ram and I'm sure this mod will probably crash your game eventually once the ram usage hits 8 gigs, and it will with the amount of bodies in the mod and dependencies included with it. What's causing lag for you though is your GPU. EVE and scatterer rely heavily on the GPU. No amount of ram can help you with those 2 mods. You will need a new  GPU to run this mod or any other planet pack with Scatterer and EVE smoothly. 

Edited by Galileo