[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

15 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Are you time warping when trying to EVA? Everything is locked on EVA if you are time warping. Even if you are barely warping.

I am a ******* idiot. Thanks for your help, I had a kind of "glasses on the forehead" moment.

3 minutes ago, A_beholder said:

I am a ******* idiot. Thanks for your help, I had a kind of "glasses on the forehead" moment.

The only kind of time warp you can do while on EVA is the physics time warp (alt + time warp) but then you are tempting fate

5 hours ago, chaoseclipse01 said:

That more or less renders Eve as being useless. Can't visit the surface without returning to Kerbin, and can only get partial science from Transmission. Absolutely zero incentive to spend any time going to Eve in the first place. Also, KSP doesn't model aerodynamic drag properly in the first place (Especially since wing surfaces fly just as good backwards as they do forwards). Setting the atmospheric pressure that high more or less inhibits any kind of craft movement, including rovers (Had one tear itself apart trying to go above a few meters per second). Also, I don't think Kerbals sprinting should be producing mach effects and randomly generating G's of acceleration from turning while sprinting. Also, like I stated earlier, even with Venus's air pressure, if you put a rocket on the surface, it's still going to generate thrust and obtain some type of vertical velocity, not have the atmosphere generate negative velocity out of your engine.

One more thing about the issue of rocket thrust on Eve (and i dont see that is has been addressed in the previous comments), but if you understand how rocket engines work, then you'll know that the thrust they can produce is in part dependent on the what's called ''back pressure'' (i.e.: the pressure of the surrounding env.). As the back pressure increases, the thrust decreases and vice-versa (this is why a rocket's Isp increases as it reaches higher altitudes with diminishing atmospheric pressure and maxes out in a vacuum). Since Eve/Venus's atm pressure is SO great, your rocket engine's isp and thrust will be considerably lower than what they would do on Kerbin/Earth. Just some additional food for thought. 

5 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

''Your greed for "100%" science extraction blinds you to the realities of space exploration. This is a space simulator. ''

Savage! :D

4 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Share your pretty pictures! :P

That is a nice photo. It looks really nice. I don't know why but there's something about it that makes it look extra nice. Did you modify the photo in any way, or scatter's config or something? It looks ungodly nice. 

Just now, Mr Betelgeuse said:

That is a nice photo. It looks really nice. I don't know why but there's something about it that makes it look extra nice. Did you modify the photo in any way, or scatter's config or something? It looks ungodly nice. 

The Alt-Scroll feature is a great way to get good screenshots. That's how he got some of those pictures with all the moons in a system

Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

The Alt-Scroll feature is a great way to get good screenshots. That's how he got some of those pictures with all the moons in a system

I know that, but besides that there's nothing else done? The planet its self looks amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

just a screenshot :) nothing edited.

The only thing i did is changing SCREENSHOT_SUPERSIZE = 4

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 minute ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

@Galileo, or anyone, dos anyone know what installing GPP does to the game? Does it replace the stock starting system, or add the planets to another system or what? 

It adds the GPP planets around a star called Kiro, an orange dwarf.

Edited by TheSpacePotato

2 minutes ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

@Galileo, or anyone, dos anyone know what installing GPP does to the game? Does it replace the stock starting system, or add the planets to another system or what? 

I have no idea how it's set up. I wasn't apart of the development to make GPP compatible 

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Rings.png?dl=1

This article was literally just posted on FOX News when you posted this message... Are you working for NASA?

Screenshot_20170426-190531_zpsgpikzkyq.p

Edited by Voodoo8648

3 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

This article was literally just posted on FOX News when you posted this message... Are you working for NASA?

I saw a few days ago this video and it inspired me to make that screenshot (don't cry after watching) :P (NASA?) HAHAH I WISH!

21 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Rings.png?dl=1

Beautiful!

9 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Well if he did, his daily commute would be pretty hectic considering that he lives in Belgium :P

Edited by Greatness101

7 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I saw a few days ago this video and it inspired me to make that screenshot (don't cry after watching) :P (NASA?) HAHAH I WISH!

;.;;.;;.; that video gives me such an emotional connection to Cassini.. Why do they have to crash it!! 

Just now, Voodoo8648 said:

;.;;.;;.; that video gives me such an emotional connection to Cassini.. Why do they have to crash it!! 

It's because they don't want to risk contaminating Saturn's moons. A spacecraft like Cassini is bound to have Earth bacteria on it, and it could possibly contaminate habitable moons of Saturn (like Enceladus).

So they will crash it into Saturn to eliminate the risk.

7 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

It's because they don't want to risk contaminating Saturn's moons. A spacecraft like Cassini is bound to have Earth bacteria on it, and it could possibly contaminate habitable moons of Saturn (like Enceladus).

So they will crash it into Saturn to eliminate the risk.

true, but why dont they place the probe in a safe stable orbit like they'll do with Dawn? I think planets (and moons) have already been 'contaminating' each other for a long time (impactdebris, ...). But I'll miss the pretty pictures from Cassini!

Edited by StarCrusher96

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

true, but why dont they place the probe in a safe stable orbit like they'll do with Dawn? I think planets (and moons) have been 'contaminating' each other for a long time (impactdebris, ...).

In a closely packed system like Saturn, stable orbits are nearly impossible to achieve. The probe is bound to crash into a moon at some point without fuel for course corrections.

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

true, but why dont they place the probe in a safe stable orbit like they'll do with Dawn? I think planets (and moons) have been 'contaminating' each other for a long time (impactdebris, ...).

Eventually, Cassini will run out of power in its RTGs like the Voyager probes, and then it'll become not much more than space debris, creating a case of Kessler Syndrome

Just now, Greatness101 said:

In a closely packed system like Saturn, stable orbits are nearly impossible to achieve. The probe is bound to crash into a moon at some point without fuel for course corrections.

If I worked at NASA ...