[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

This is an issue with OpenGL (Mac and Linux) and how the mod is structured. It won't be fixed until the dev decides to make the necessary changes. You can read this comment from a few pages back:

I feel this should be a pretty high priority for @StarCrusher96 because as of right now, the mod alienates all Mac and Linux users. I'm sure it will be addressed soon

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Will be fixed soon :)

Thank you both for the quick response, and sorry for not being able to find the previously mentioned reference to the issue. I did look into the solution, but determined that I'll wait for StarCrusher96 to deploy the fix since I don't have the automation setup to change everything :P Thank you, and I can't wait to get started exploring your Star Systems!

Using minmus as an outpost can be very interesting. 

Its orbit allow the comet to be used as an elevator : you park your vessel in orbit when its at periapsis and you wait  minmus reach her apoapsis.

1 hour ago, Shkeiru said:

Using minmus as an outpost can be very interesting. 

Its orbit allow the comet to be used as an elevator : you park your vessel in orbit when its at periapsis and you wait  minmus reach her apoapsis.

75 years waiting is a little long :P no?

I have been playing with mods that add more star systems and I've always had the problem that solar panels don't work, They generate no electric charge even when the have exposure, also occasionally I have large drops in framerate, the ksc glitches out, also sunrise and sunset does not work properly in the ksc or in other places and this happens with and without mods installed.

So far the only way I'm able to play is deleting visual mods and rely on RTGs or nuclear reactors.

Possible fixes

-Remove dependency on kopernicus, This mod is notorious for framerate drops and also this mod creates the ksc glitching and solar panels failure.

-Do not load planets at all until viewed.

37 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

I have been playing with mods that add more star systems and I've always had the problem that solar panels don't work, They generate no electric charge even when the have exposure, also occasionally I have large drops in framerate, the ksc glitches out, also sunrise and sunset does not work properly in the ksc or in other places and this happens with and without mods installed.

So far the only way I'm able to play is deleting visual mods and rely on RTGs or nuclear reactors.

Possible fixes

-Remove dependency on kopernicus, This mod is notorious for framerate drops and also this mod creates the ksc glitching and solar panels failure.

is this about KSS? because accept from the ksc sunrise bug (which is something that happens after moving kerbin around another star), these bugs don't occur with KSS anymore. And next time you want to report an issue, add logs or evidence of this issue.

Edited by StarCrusher96

58 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

Possible fixes

Remove Kopernicus as a dependency? Its required for ANY planet mod to work. Without it, planet packs don't exist.

Your second possible fix can already be done, but it breaks Scatterer and other visual mods. So this probably will not be done by the devs.

As for your solar panel issues, KSP does not support multiple stars natively, so kopernicus has code to allow it, but there are still limitations by unity. There is nothing the dev can do to fix this issue except give every star the same luminosity as the main star.

51 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Remove Kopernicus as a dependency? Its required for ANY planet mod to work. Without it, planet packs don't exist.

Your second possible fix can already be done, but it breaks Scatterer and other visual mods. So this probably will not be done by the devs.

As for your solar panel issues, KSP does not support multiple stars natively, so kopernicus has code to allow it, but there are still limitations by unity. There is nothing the dev can do to fix this issue except give every star the same luminosity as the main star.

Oh, welp I'll see, I'll ask the devs of kopernicus.

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

is this about KSS? because accept from the ksc sunrise bug (which is something that happens after moving kerbin around another star), these bugs don't occur with KSS anymore. And next time you want to report an issue, add logs or evidence of this issue.

Ok, sorry I'll see if I find it. :)

Pro tip to all who wish to do anything with the outer planets, if you slap a base on Minmus (provided you have EL)  you can colonize the outer planets baisicly for free.

also, power cell-convert o tron is recommended because minmus gets too far from the sun for anything to function, and I doubt you want to micro a reactor for 80+ years until you are close enough to kerbin for a shipment of fuel.

Edited by A_beholder

For those of you who, like me are playing in a realistic career mode, may I suggest this glorious looking mod. A Kerbalized version of the Bussard RamJet.

I will download this and incorporate this into my game tomorrow. Be advised, my space program will probably be a multi-year endeavor. I don't cheat. Nor will I use FTL propulsion. I have Better Time Warp mod, which allows around 10 million X warp, but that's as cheaty as I get. 

Edited by Voodoo8648

2 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

For those of you who, like me are playing in a realistic career mode, may I suggest this glorious looking mod. A Kerbalized version of the Bussard RamJet.

Unfortunately a Bussard Ramjet wouldn't actually work very well in real life, but we can dream.

The idea is pretty cool, nonetheless.

Edited by Greatness101