[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

That's an enceladus texture, right? I see you used mars as well for Duna. Don't let KSS turn into RSS! This pack is too unique to start using real life textures!

Just as Duna, and many others. it's something in between. But it started indeed with an enceladus texture. :) 

Edited by StarCrusher96

19 hours ago, Galileo said:

That's an enceladus texture, right? I see you used mars as well for Duna. Don't let KSS turn into RSS! This pack is too unique to start using real life textures!

It might seem like it at first glance, but if you look closely at the Duna texture it's really not the same as Mars (the whole canyon system and mountains/volcanoes are completely different, to name a few differences) . What I really liked about it when I first discovered KSS was that it was similar to the real thing, but "kerbalized" and unique at the same time. Same goes for Eeloo.

Edited by Greatness101

30 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

It might seem like it at first glance, but if you look closely at the Duna texture it's really not the same as Mars (the whole canyon system and mountains/volcanoes are completely different, to name a few differences) . What I really liked about it when I first discovered KSS was that it was similar to the real thing, but "kerbalized" and unique at the same time. Same goes for Eeloo.

I could not agree with you more. 

On 5/25/2017 at 1:14 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

Guess what time it is?!

No, not that time.

It's time for round 2 of my data dumps of screenshots from KSS! Woo!

Strap yourselves in because here we go!

Hide contents

First launch of a new career:

screenshot654.png?dl=1

Later launch of a somewhat new career:

screenshot664.png?dl=1

View from Munar surface:

screenshot431.png?dl=1

Backside of Voon:

screenshot434.png?dl=1

Exploration of Terraformed Duna:

screenshot446.png?dl=1

Mesmo's Mightly Rings:

screenshot453.png?dl=1

Kerbolrise from LKO:

screenshot458.png?dl=1

Ilve from high orbit:

screenshot537.png?dl=1

Sulphur Eclipse of Mirn

screenshot538.png?dl=1

Daybreak on Laythe:

screenshot570.png?dl=1

Monster sun on Tide:

screenshot573.png?dl=1

Alvarise:

screenshot575.png?dl=1

Escaping the atmosphere of Blalo:

screenshot623.png?dl=1

Approaching Sern:

screenshot638.png?dl=1

Passing over a Hetoo sunrise:

screenshot657.png?dl=1

Trying to land on Bop:

screenshot658.png?dl=1

Yet another pretty Kerbolrise from LKO:

screenshot702.png?dl=1

My rendition of the Cassini orbit insertion image:

screenshot703.png?dl=1

One of my drones exploring Taythe:

screenshot708.png?dl=1

Pretty view of Blalo:

screenshot715.png?dl=1

Taythe from orbit:

screenshot716.png?dl=1

View from Jeln:

screenshot725.png?dl=1

Eve insertion:

screenshot730.png?dl=1

Orbiting Voon:

screenshot732.png?dl=1

Yet another fantastic image of Blalo:

screenshot752.png?dl=1

Kelnisrise over Irke

screenshot778.png?dl=1

Descending into Ceth:

screenshot813.png?dl=1

Bop transiting Duna:

screenshot660.png?dl=1

Kerolonrise from Rilna:

screenshot822.png?dl=1

Mirn moons from Taythe:

screenshot868.png?dl=1

Mirn moons from Sulph:

screenshot871.png?dl=1

Keles and Orph:

screenshot874.png?dl=1

Landed at Blalo:

screenshot881.png?dl=1

Joolrise from Tylo:

screenshot891.png?dl=1

Jool from orbit:

screenshot892.png?dl=1

The search for life on Duna:

screenshot893.png?dl=1

THE ALL:

screenshot900.png?dl=1

Once again, special thanks to @StarCrusher96 for KSS!

I saw this It was posted today but, how is laythe still liquid? Also what mod gives you that command pod when you landed on blalo?

21 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

I saw this It was posted today but, how is laythe still liquid? Also what mod gives you that command pod when you landed on blalo?

Well in the mod files there is an option for Tropical Laythe, which is the one I used in those screenshots.

The command pod is from this mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/122162-13-deep-space-exploration-vessels-211-build-nasa-inspired-ships-in-ksp/

My console gets spammed with

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.SunFlare.updateProperties ()
	scatterer.SunflareCameraHook.OnPreRender ()

Whenever I am on the launchpad at Kerbin. I have no idea on how to fix this :(

Ok I've been trying to get the whole setup to work and it's mostly great, I solved the black planets and completely ineffective solar panels ( I think downgrading kopernicus fixed those) but two problems remain for me. Planet rings are still black and having GPP makes scatterer stop scattering (I tested mods individually and removing GPP makes it work, re-adding it makes it stop again). I guess I'll mention @Galileo to see if he has any input, but it's a shame because I really like GPP and would rather use it but now that you've exposed me to scatterer I can't go back. If you need logs or something lemme know and I can get them

8 minutes ago, Jumberlack said:

Ok I've been trying to get the whole setup to work and it's mostly great, I solved the black planets and completely ineffective solar panels ( I think downgrading kopernicus fixed those) but two problems remain for me. Planet rings are still black and having GPP makes scatterer stop scattering (I tested mods individually and removing GPP makes it work, re-adding it makes it stop again). I guess I'll mention @Galileo to see if he has any input, but it's a shame because I really like GPP and would rather use it but now that you've exposed me to scatterer I can't go back. If you need logs or something lemme know and I can get them

GPP disables all scatterer for other planet packs that don't have an author tag. Ex: author = Galileo

you can see how I do this in the scatterer cfgs it is also done in the Cloud cfgs as well. For it to work with other packs just add an author tag to each scatterer cfg like GPP does. 

This was done to allow for scatterer to use module manager. Without the author tag, Scatterer and mm cause problems.

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, Heirteir said:

My solar panels do not seem to be working at all :( Does anyone know how to fix this?

I fixed it by redoing the whole installation process again but not using the most recent version of kopernicus. Star crusher has the one you wanna be using linked on the first page.

Is there any chance of getting this glorious mod on CKAN? I feel like it would attract a lot more people to the mod, which in turn would allow more people to enjoy it, and possibly even make this the go-to planet pack for anyone who feels limited by the small size of the stock system.

@Galileo ok I just got done adding author tags to these places and it still doesn't show scattering (stars show no effects at all, they're just white circles).

Gamedata/scatterer/config/planetsList.cfg

Gamedata/scatterer/config/sunflares/(all star configs here)

Gamedata/scatterer/config/planets/(all atmosphere and ocean configs here)

Am I missing something?

Edited by Jumberlack

11 minutes ago, Jumberlack said:

@Galileo ok I just got done adding author tags to these places and it still doesn't show scattering.

Gamedata/scatterer/config/planetsList.cfg

Gamedata/scatterer/config/sunflares/(all star configs here)

Gamedata/scatterer/config/planets/(all atmosphere and ocean configs here)

Am I missing something?

Maybe. It's hard to know without seeing the cfgs. What is the name Of the star Gael/kerbin orbits around? I think KSS changes the name of Gael and the Ciro for whatever reason so those names would probably need to be changed in the cfgs to match what KSS uses. So If Gael is called Kerbin in KSS, it needs to be changed in the planet list and in the atmosphere and ocean cfgs.

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Maybe. It's hard to know without seeing the cfgs. What is the name Of the star Gael/kerbin orbits around? I think KSS changes the name of Gael and the Ciro for whatever reason so those names would probably need to be changed in the cfgs to match what KSS uses. So If Gael is called Kerbin in KSS, it needs to be changed in the planet list and in the atmosphere and ocean cfgs.

Ciro is renamed to Kiro, and Gael is Kerbin with cbNameLater. In my early attempts at the same matter I managed to get sunflares to work (but not my own sunflares). I still had to deal with null spam. Then atmosphere effects are their own raging kraken.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:14 PM, TheSpacePotato said:

Guess what time it is?!

No, not that time.

It's time for round 2 of my data dumps of screenshots from KSS! Woo!

Strap yourselves in because here we go!

Hide contents

First launch of a new career:

screenshot654.png?dl=1

Later launch of a somewhat new career:

screenshot664.png?dl=1

View from Munar surface:

screenshot431.png?dl=1

Backside of Voon:

screenshot434.png?dl=1

Exploration of Terraformed Duna:

screenshot446.png?dl=1

Mesmo's Mightly Rings:

screenshot453.png?dl=1

Kerbolrise from LKO:

screenshot458.png?dl=1

Ilve from high orbit:

screenshot537.png?dl=1

Sulphur Eclipse of Mirn

screenshot538.png?dl=1

Daybreak on Laythe:

screenshot570.png?dl=1

Monster sun on Tide:

screenshot573.png?dl=1

Alvarise:

screenshot575.png?dl=1

Escaping the atmosphere of Blalo:

screenshot623.png?dl=1

Approaching Sern:

screenshot638.png?dl=1

Passing over a Hetoo sunrise:

screenshot657.png?dl=1

Trying to land on Bop:

screenshot658.png?dl=1

Yet another pretty Kerbolrise from LKO:

screenshot702.png?dl=1

My rendition of the Cassini orbit insertion image:

screenshot703.png?dl=1

One of my drones exploring Taythe:

screenshot708.png?dl=1

Pretty view of Blalo:

screenshot715.png?dl=1

Taythe from orbit:

screenshot716.png?dl=1

View from Jeln:

screenshot725.png?dl=1

Eve insertion:

screenshot730.png?dl=1

Orbiting Voon:

screenshot732.png?dl=1

Yet another fantastic image of Blalo:

screenshot752.png?dl=1

Kelnisrise over Irke

screenshot778.png?dl=1

Descending into Ceth:

screenshot813.png?dl=1

Bop transiting Duna:

screenshot660.png?dl=1

Kerolonrise from Rilna:

screenshot822.png?dl=1

Mirn moons from Taythe:

screenshot868.png?dl=1

Mirn moons from Sulph:

screenshot871.png?dl=1

Keles and Orph:

screenshot874.png?dl=1

Landed at Blalo:

screenshot881.png?dl=1

Joolrise from Tylo:

screenshot891.png?dl=1

Jool from orbit:

screenshot892.png?dl=1

The search for life on Duna:

screenshot893.png?dl=1

THE ALL:

screenshot900.png?dl=1

Once again, special thanks to @StarCrusher96 for KSS!

How did you get this to work and look so beautiful!? Does it run well? I tried to play with this and it ran like poop and didnt work right lol

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Tonight I will work on a patch and probably rewrite the cfg to add GPP to KSS

I'm sorry I can't help :/ too much schoolwork these days. But thx for doing this. Is it going to add GPP around another star like I did?

@Galileo I might be burning some midnight oil again too. I'll be available to benchmark the config.

@StarCrusher96 I've nearly completed the relevant setup. All you'll have to do for GPP support (simply loading and coexisting peacefully, forget visuals) is to change Ciro's Orbit configNode.

16 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm sorry I can't help :/ too much schoolwork these days. But thx for doing this. Is it going to add GPP around another star like I did?

It's won't change how KSS does it, but I will probably leave the names the same as GPP (no Kiro) to keep things simple and to allow for better compatibility. Changing the suns name can cause issues with GPP and contract mods like strategia and visual mods like scatterer. It's all tied together and really shouldn't be changed in for it to continue to work seamlessly 

Edit: this will have to wait until this weekend :/ I got focused on updating another one of my mods and lost track of time 

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It's won't change how KSS does it, but I will probably leave the names the same as GPP (no Kiro) to keep things simple and to allow for better compatibility. Changing the suns name can cause issues with GPP and contract mods like strategia and visual mods like scatterer. It's all tied together and really shouldn't be changed in for it to continue to work seamlessly 

Sure no problem!

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I've nearly completed the relevant setup. All you'll have to do for GPP support (simply loading and coexisting peacefully, forget visuals) is to change Ciro's Orbit configNode.

Great!

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

It's won't change how KSS does it, but I will probably leave the names the same as GPP (no Kiro) to keep things simple and to allow for better compatibility.

It's KSS convention that every star's name starts with K. :P I'm thinking we can have the best of both galaxies worlds if I change their displayNames instead of their names. I'll personally test this part when I can, as I expect other things like the asteroid belts and resource configs to also break.

1 hour ago, ant8262 said:

How did you get this to work and look so beautiful!? Does it run well? I tried to play with this and it ran like poop and didnt work right lol

I just installed KSS with both the visuals :P and that's what it looks like. It's that simple.

As far as FPS goes, I just try to stay in orbit when using the clouds. EVE really takes a toll on my framerate.

@Galileo

I noticed a bug between KSS and GPP, Whenever I start on the launch pad the console spams with this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	scatterer.SunFlare.updateProperties ()
	scatterer.SunflareCameraHook.OnPreRender ()

I did some looking around in the configs and it looks like it is because GPP references the central star as Ciro (specifically in the Scatterer configs), but KSS changes the name of the central star for your solar system to Kiro inside of the configs.

Edited by Heirteir