[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I just installed KSS with both the visuals :P and that's what it looks like. It's that simple.

As far as FPS goes, I just try to stay in orbit when using the clouds. EVE really takes a toll on my framerate.

You don't have any mods? I have so many mods thats probably why it did not work :(!

1 hour ago, Heirteir said:

@Galileo

I noticed a bug between KSS and GPP, Whenever I start on the launch pad the console spams with this error:

I did some looking around in the configs and it looks like it is because GPP references the central star as Ciro (specifically in the Scatterer configs), but KSS changes the name of the central star for your solar system to Kiro inside of the configs.

Both KSS and GPP alter the central star and currently they still conflict very harshly. Compatibility is actively being developed and should appear (and be perfected) in the next release of both mods.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Both KSS and GPP alter the central star and currently they still conflict very harshly. Compatibility is actively being developed and should appear (and be perfected) in the next release of both mods.

I'm glad to see that both sides are cooperating to get two of the best planet packs in KSP to be fully compatible :P

Edited by Greatness101

On 5/25/2017 at 6:08 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

screenshot72.png?dl=1

I don't mean to press the issue but what's the word on planetary rings? All of mine are completely black. If this is a recent screenshot, have you done anything special to get them to work on the current release? 

4 hours ago, Jumberlack said:

I don't mean to press the issue but what's the word on planetary rings? All of mine are completely black. If this is a recent screenshot, have you done anything special to get them to work on the current release? 

Don't use the latest version of kopernicus as i mentioned on page 1. Every time kopernicus has a new release, it's advised to wait a little while until all the bugs are fixed.

There is a link to the right version on page 1.

Edited by StarCrusher96

@StarCrusher96 that's the thing though, I DID use the version you linked to. After I realized there was a problem with solar panels charging and I had forgotten to use kopernicus 1.2.2-5 like you linked, I nuked that instance of KSP just so that I could start from scratch with the right version of kopernicus and follow your installation instructions to the letter. Still black rings.

2 hours ago, Jumberlack said:

@StarCrusher96 that's the thing though, I DID use the version you linked to. After I realized there was a problem with solar panels charging and I had forgotten to use kopernicus 1.2.2-5 like you linked, I nuked that instance of KSP just so that I could start from scratch with the right version of kopernicus and follow your installation instructions to the letter. Still black rings.

Can you provide logs or screenshots?

I want to get the terraformed Duna but, how to I install it? I already downloaded it but, my game data is already fidgety and I don't want to screw anything up so how to Install?

By fidgety I mean that the Kraken probably lives in my folder. :0.0:

Spoiler

Image result for baby Kraken ksp

Edited by Devan kerman

29 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

I want to get the terraformed Duna but, how to I install it? I already downloaded it but, my game data is already fidgety and I don't want to screw anything up so how to Install?

By fidgety I mean that the Kraken probably lives in my folder. :0.0:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for baby Kraken ksp

Inside the basic version there is a folder called 'Optionals' -> open the folder Terraformed Duna and paste GameData over your GameData folder. That should do it.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Inside the basic version there is a folder called 'Optionals' -> open the folder Terraformed Duna and paste GameData over your GameData folder. That should do it.

small prob, They are both named KSS so do I just rename it? or do u put the "Vanilla planets" in the kopernicus files folder?

4 minutes ago, Devan kerman said:

Thanks!

small prob, They are both named KSS so do I just rename it? or do u put the "Vanilla planets" in the kopernicus files folder?

They can both be named KSS. It will just copy the Terraformed duna into your existing KSS folder.

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Can you provide logs or screenshots?

In fact, I can do both.

Here are screenshots 

also, idk if it helps but when backing out from in game the rings on the menu planet flash a sort of pink/fuchsia color just for a moment, as well as the words 'Credts' and 'Quit' get a sort of z-fighting effect.

Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvr5wrlgjq5sube/output_log.txt?dl=0

9 hours ago, Jumberlack said:

In fact, I can do both.

Here are screenshots 

also, idk if it helps but when backing out from in game the rings on the menu planet flash a sort of pink/fuchsia color just for a moment, as well as the words 'Credts' and 'Quit' get a sort of z-fighting effect.

Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvr5wrlgjq5sube/output_log.txt?dl=0

sent you a fix :)

3 hours ago, Joe88 said:

Can someone write up a step by step instructions because i'm sorta new to ksp mods and i have no clue how to install this

Instructions are included inside the download. 

Make sure you have at least 8 GB ram for the basic KSS.

Edited by StarCrusher96

jPOCrKe.png

I am getting some Flashing gray patches in space,  they seem to be emanating form the kerbal system, If I am out in one of the other systems I don't see them.

It is almost like something in the kerbal system is trying to render too big and is glitching. I tried to go to each planet, It is worse around the inner planets.

I tried to screen shot it, But it was hard to seen in the screen shot, So I edited the color so it can stand out.  That is Kirbin By the way

Edited by Infleto