[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, Greatness101 said:

But Nemesis isn't hypothetical. It's been ruled out for decades. There is, however, strong evidence for the existence of planet nine.

Oops! Wikipedia was vague (as always). Maybe you could do a system with hypothetical proven wrong planets (Vulcan, Nemesis, Theia, etc.)

Edited by AR3S_TGL

25 minutes ago, AR3S_TGL said:

Oops! Wikipedia was vague (as always). Maybe you could do a system with hypothetical proven wrong planets (Vulcan, Nemesis, Theia, etc.)

Actually I have been working on a mod that does jus that but with the kerbal system

it was called Hypothetical Worlds 

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Voyager

I love these clips :D

This is the first video with a new change clearly in it, based on my analysis. I wonder who will guess what it is first?

Edited by TheSpacePotato

Just now, TheSpacePotato said:

This is the first video with a new change clearly in it, based on my analysis. I wonder who will guess what it is first?

Am I allowed to "guess"? Or is that considered cheating :P

I just noticed within the [x] Science! User Interface that science experiments are available while "Flying High/Low" over the Mun or a Biome are available. Mun doesn't have an atmosphere.

W3cAe6q.png

KSP's Wiki describes "flying" is only available within bodies that possess an atmosphere:  http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Science#Celestial_body_multipliers

bhUzRy6.png

Did something change that with KSS?

Edited by Voodoo8648

There technically is a very thin atmosphere on the Mun for KSS... but I don't think that should be there.

I do not remember writing sciencedefs for in-atmosphere science on the Mun :P

Yeah looking back at the sciencedefs we wrote there shouldn't be any "Flying" science available on the Mun. It's probably a mistake.

Edited by Greatness101

7 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

There technically is a very thin atmosphere on the Mun for KSS... but I don't think that should be there.

I just read that our Moon does have an infinitesimally small atmosphere. I'll take the extra Science because we obviously observed the Moon's atmosphere in real life.. So this translates to science. Seems kinda "cheaty" :blush: but technically we measured Moon's atmosphere.. Maybe not so much science would be better. like 1.5 science or something.

I understand that it's difficult to write science for EVERY scenario

Edited by Voodoo8648

7 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Yeah looking back at the sciencedefs we wrote there shouldn't be any "Flying" science available on the Mun. It's probably a mistake.

We have a few flying sciencedefs on the Mun :P 

2 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

What is this black line around Duna????

It's a vertical line extending from north to sound off center from the poles.

YwqKhAl.png

Scatterer or EVE shadows probably. That's why I'm working on new settings for the visuals.

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

Scatterer or EVE shadows probably. That's why I'm working on new settings for the visuals.

I ran into that during my testing too. :) It was...quite amusing.

10 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Actually it's a feature of KSS :P Search for the mysterious black lines. 

Well, I've certainly never seen black lines as nice as the ones here in KSS :wink: 

Edited by Greatness101

My first thought was a seam, and a big one at that! Like the texture was offset on the canvas in photoshop. If that's not the case, I'm curious as to what is causing that, because I have never seen EVE or Scatterer eclipses/ shadows do that