[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

My first thought was a seam, and a big one at that! Like the texture was offset on the canvas in photoshop. If that's not the case, I'm curious as to what is causing that, because I have never seen EVE or Scatterer eclipses/ shadows do that

It seems when you have a lot of celestials like in KSS, the shadows get out of sync and appear even when the body is behind the primary, shadows of smaller bodies cause these lines. Encountered it too but I'm now working with other settings where they do not longer appear. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

50 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

It seems when you have a lot of celestials like in KSS, the shadows get out of sync and appear even when the body is behind the primary, shadows of smaller bodies cause these lines. Encountered it too but I'm now working with other settings where they do not longer appear. 

In addition @Galileo the shadow caster vector seems way off, like there's a black star somewhere on the ecliptic, controlling all the shadows by itself. I saw an eclipse shadow open up on Otho, expand through it like the fire ring of a nuclear bomb as it detonated, then go all the way over to the far side of Otho and diappear. And moons were blacked out entirely while in front of their parent giant. I think this effect requires just 3 stars in order to be triggered since it happened in my Stock + GPP setup and KSS has many stars.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

In addition @Galileo the shadow caster vector seems way off, like there's a black star somewhere on the ecliptic, controlling all the shadows by itself. I saw an eclipse shadow open up on Otho, expand through it like the fire ring of a nuclear bomb as it detonated, then go all the way over to the far side of Otho and diappear. And moons were blacked out entirely while in front of their parent giant. I think this effect requires just 3 stars in order to be triggered since it happened in my Stock + GPP setup and KSS has many stars.

Yes I think that's the case, but I don't think Scatterer causes it, probably EVE.

Well that would explain why I haven't seen it. I haven't played a game with more than 2 stars. 

Well You can disable EVE shadows and only use scatterer. 

GPP actually uses both. When scatterer is installed only the vacuum bodies use EVE because scatterer doesn't render eclipses on vacuum bodies. That way, all bodies that can, will have eclipses casted on them.

Edited by Galileo

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Well that would explain why I haven't seen it. I haven't played a game with more than 2 stars. 

Well You can disable EVE shadows and only use scatterer. 

GPP actually uses both. When scatterer is installed only the vacuum bodies use EVE because scatterer doesn't render eclipses on vacuum bodies. That way, all bodies that can, will have eclipses casted on them.

Maybe the scatterer shadows and the EVE shadows conflict? I use both on all celestials - with atmo or not.

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Maybe the scatterer shadows and the EVE shadows conflict? I use both on all celestials - with atmo or not.

Yeah its a possibility. And Scatterer doesn't work on vacuum bodies anyway. There is no point to setting it up that way.  Vacuum bodies can cast onto atmo bodies with scatterer but not vice versa. 

Just now, Galileo said:

Yeah its a possibility. And Scatterer doesn't work on vacuum bodies anyway. There is no point to setting it up that way.  Vacuum bodies can cast onto atmo bodies with scatterer but not vice versa. 

Didn't know that! 

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

Didn't know that! 

Yep. Scatterer shadows need scatterer atmos to cast shadows. 

But, you can do like GPP and have it set up that atmo bodies use scatterer for their shadows and vacuum use EVE. And when scatterer isn't installed they all use EVE

Edited by Galileo

26 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yep. Scatterer shadows need scatterer atmos to cast shadows. 

But, you can do like GPP and have it set up that atmo bodies use scatterer for their shadows and vacuum use EVE. And when scatterer isn't installed they all use EVE

Good idea :) 

18 minutes ago, Joshua91 said:

Hello. This is probably already known and being fixed but this mod is not working well at all since 1.3. Thanks. 

KSS version 0.7 will be able to run in KSP 1.3 (or higher if another update comes out before then). I think it's mostly a problem with Kopernicus, though.

For now, KSS is broken in 1.3 and only works in 1.2.2, like most other mods right after a major update.

Edited by Greatness101

I need help, my game will load, but at the very end the game will stop working.

I have these mods installed:

Community Tech Tree

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Kopernicus - from the download ling provided on this website

KSS - this mod

Modular Flight Integrator

Module Manager 2.7.5

and here is my crash report:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01gdeo9szg62pxw/output_log.txt?dl=0

- Sorry I would use a spoiler but that wasn't working for me.

15 minutes ago, CAZON said:

I have these mods installed:

Community Tech Tree

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

Kopernicus - from the download ling provided on this website

KSS - this mod

Modular Flight Integrator

Module Manager 2.7.5

and here is my crash report:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/01gdeo9szg62pxw/output_log.txt?dl=0

- Sorry I would use a spoiler but that wasn't working for me.

What are your computer specs?

because according to your output log, it says your system is out of memory and is crashing because of it.

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

White Out? Magic Eraser?

Pour some FD&C Red #40 in it. That fixes everything. 218.png_large

9 minutes ago, CAZON said:

You're not supposed to post your log into the forum. Such a large thing will overload the forum and cause a forum kraken.

Your game crashes because there's not enough memory. If you have < 8GB installed don't expect KSS to work because it's a gigantic mod. If you have 8GB or more RAM then you need to install a video card. I'm seeing reference to integrated graphics.

But this part may also be of interest to @StarCrusher96

Spoiler

Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Cal(Clone)'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

CelestialBodyTransform: Cannot find CelestialBody.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Kopernicus] Could not find built-in texture AerialRampKerbin

DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

(Filename:  Line: 386)

Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Ilve(Clone)'

DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.

(Filename:  Line: 386)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=4295 w=1500 h=750 mips=11 d3dfmt=827611204 [invalid call]
Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Sern(Clone)'

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Your game crashes because there's not enough memory. If you have < 8GB installed don't expect KSS to work because it's a gigantic mod. If you have 8GB or more RAM then you need to install a video card. I'm seeing reference to integrated graphics.

But this part may also be of interest to @StarCrusher96

Ok thank you.

Also I ran just Kopernicus with Module Manager 2.7.5 and it still crashed, so I updated module manager and ran it again (without KSS) and that worked. But I still think that it may be the graphics card I have (as you suggested).

Edited by CAZON

6 minutes ago, CAZON said:

Ok thank you.

Also I ran just Kopernicus with Module Manager 2.7.5 and it still crashed, so I updated module manager and ran it again (without KSS) and that worked. But I still think that it may be the graphics card I have (as you suggested).

Yeah looking at your GPU, it doesnt even have 1gb of vram. thats gonna be rough with this mod and probably wont work to be honest

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yeah looking at your GPU, it doesnt even have 1gb of vram. thats gonna be rough with this mod and probably wont work to be honest

This time using Module Manager 2.8.0 didn't crash my game but there were no changes to the game, but since my graphics card is insufficient then I'll just go without KSS.

-Thanks for the help guys!!! :)

Edited by CAZON

54 minutes ago, CAZON said:

This time using Module Manager 2.8.0 didn't crash my game but there were no changes to the game, but since my graphics card is insufficient then I'll just go without KSS.

-Thanks for the help guys!!! :)

Module manager 2.8 will only work in 1.3. You are playing in 1.2.2.

22 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Approaching Irke

Irke.png?dl=1

Landing on Irke 

Landing_Irke.png?dl=1

Anyone who knows how to get rid of the blue reflection in the ocean?

Beautiful as always! As someone who likes realism, it makes me a little sad that you can see the star's sunspots but that is just personal preference I guess. As for the blue reflection, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the star's scaledspace light settings, and if it is not that, I believe there might be a setting in scatterer that allows you to change the color of light reflecting off of water. I know that was really vague. :P

Edited by AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures

There is a bug from scatterer when you increase the screenshot's size ( i use Screenshot_Supersize = 4) - the sunflares do no longer appear. That's why you can see the sunspots :P normally they're only a little visible. Thx for your solutions, going to check them out!

Hey star, you accepting people into the dev team? Would like to be a bug tester and finder...