[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

3 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

But one thing what is the createator

It's a thing orbiting The All. In a future update of KSS, you will be able to find out what it is by exploring it. Right now, the KSS team working on setting up the whole backstory for KSS, and I can guarantee you it will be great :wink:

1 minute ago, TheSpacePotato said:

It's a thing orbiting The All. In a future update of KSS, you will be able to find out what it is by exploring it. Right now, the KSS team working on setting up the whole backstory for KSS, and I can guarantee you it will be great :wink:

well i already know that

But that thing remings me of a ship from 2001

Simply put, despite me following the instructions EXACTLY, with ModuleManager 2.7.5, Modular Flight Integrator and Kopernicus, along with the latest KSS release in KSP 1.2.2, I can't get the mod to work, it simply doesn't show up in KSP. I'm using a completely new install of KSP without mods. Also, I installed the mod exactly as stated about 3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly.

10 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Simply put, despite me following the instructions EXACTLY, with ModuleManager 2.7.5, Modular Flight Integrator and Kopernicus, along with the latest KSS release in KSP 1.2.2, I can't get the mod to work, it simply doesn't show up in KSP. I'm using a completely new install of KSP without mods. Also, I installed the mod exactly as stated about 3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly.

Are you using the correct version of Kopernicus? You can find it on the first page.

26 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

Are you using the correct version of Kopernicus? You can find it on the first page.

I don't know how I keep getting the wrong Kopernicus installed.

Any ways, Do you have any Ideals on why the orbits of many of my Mum missions are out of place or missing? This happens when I close the game (save) then restart it.

30 minutes ago, Infleto said:

Any ways, Do you have any Ideals on why the orbits of many of my Mum missions are out of place or missing? This happens when I close the game (save) then restart it.

I can't really tell you why it happens, but on the first page it tells you how to fix that problem. I know it works around Kerbin but I haven't tried it around the Mun yet.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:08 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Ok, I am seriously stupid. Turns out I totally neglected to remember that every time I reinstall KSP, it reinstalls as 1.3 rather than 1.2.2. Please ignore my idiocy / ignorance.

At least it's better that than the mod not working. That would have been bad :P

Edited by TheSpacePotato

I've been trying to install this thing for hours, and no matter what version of kopernicus I use, no matter what version of KSP or module manager, It just won't work. Sometimes it freezes at the loading screen, with 99 modules loaded, sometimes it breaks down when I start a new game. Can someone please give me a complete list of download links that are confirmed to work, or a complete GameData folder, so I don't have to keep failing?

6 hours ago, Trigonaut said:

I've been trying to install this thing for hours, and no matter what version of kopernicus I use, no matter what version of KSP or module manager, It just won't work. Sometimes it freezes at the loading screen, with 99 modules loaded, sometimes it breaks down when I start a new game. Can someone please give me a complete list of download links that are confirmed to work, or a complete GameData folder, so I don't have to keep failing?

It all works ... just not with KSP 1.3

-> how much RAM does your PC have?

-> first time using KSS, the game needs  to write all the Cache files. This can take up 10-15 min (worst case)

@StarCrusher96 I ran into this as well...

2. I started KSP with KSS and the KSC-screen looks dark / day and night cycle is broken.

-> This is a 'normal' bug when moving Kerbin around another star.

...and found out this might be avoidable if you only use the Kerbin Kopernicus template with the home world.

I ran into this with Alien Space Programs when both "Bin" (Kerbin) and any home world with a further orbit than Bin used the Kerbin template. I couldn't fix the day / night cycle when using Laythe as the home world, but that wasn't as important as making the Space Center scene work properly in the first place. So one possible fix is to make sure only the home world uses the Kerbin template.

I'm working on cloning Kerbin without using the Kerbin template, but that's something I and others are working on back in the Kopernicus thread.

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

-> first time using KSS, the game needs  to write all the Cache files. This can take up 10-15 min (worst case)

There should probably be a giant warning on the front page not to run this with 1.3. A lot of people seem to be having this issue.

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm using the 1.2.2 version through steam beta. I've got 8G ram, and when exactly does the cache writing happen? the first loading screen? How do I tell the difference between freezing and a very long loading process?

Edited by Trigonaut

35 minutes ago, Trigonaut said:

I'm using the 1.2.2 version through steam beta. I've got 8G ram, and when exactly does the cache writing happen? the first loading screen? How do I tell the difference between freezing and a very long loading process?

Just wait it out and see what happens

1 hour ago, Trigonaut said:

How long were you letting it load for? Have you many others mods as well?? Are you using the full KSS pack? You should expect fairly long loading times, 10mins or so, give or take a few.

1 hour ago, Trigonaut said:

8G RAM would really only work with the default settings. Which star systems are you using?