[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

@StarCrusher96 I ran into this as well...

...and found out this might be avoidable if you only use the Kerbin Kopernicus template with the home world.

I ran into this with Alien Space Programs when both "Bin" (Kerbin) and any home world with a further orbit than Bin used the Kerbin template. I couldn't fix the day / night cycle when using Laythe as the home world, but that wasn't as important as making the Space Center scene work properly in the first place. So one possible fix is to make sure only the home world uses the Kerbin template.

I'm working on cloning Kerbin without using the Kerbin template, but that's something I and others are working on back in the Kopernicus thread.

I'm not using kerbin templates :P

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm not using kerbin templates :P

It was worth a shot... I just installed the base and optional planets, and you're right; no Kerbin templates except for Kerbin. And the re-parenting is having the day/night cycle problem like I'm having with making Laythe a home world.

3 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

8G RAM would really only work with the default settings. Which star systems are you using?

Just the default KSS_0.6.1_BASIC, no optionals or expansions.

4 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

How long were you letting it load for? Have you many others mods as well?? Are you using the full KSS pack? You should expect fairly long loading times, 10mins or so, give or take a few.

I'm using no other mods, I'll try installing them after I get this working on its own. I've waited at least 3 minutes, but KSP stops responding. I'll just wait and see what happens if I give it longer, I suppose.

@StarCrusher96 I'm working on reviving Alien Space Programs and I'm missing only a proper Kerbin height map. For some reason I can't use BUILTIN/kerbin_height_new without Kopernicus complaining.

You have a working set of Kerbin maps, even if it's for an alternate Kerbin, that seem to work in my configurations. Your license is CC BY-NC-ND and I take the 'no derivatives' part seriously. May I have permission to use your Kerbin maps in my project? If for nothing else, as a suitable placeholder so I can release a production version.

[Updated] StarCrusher96 found me a medium-res height map for stock Kerbin. Some offset adjustments later and I have a Kerbin untouched by kerbals.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Problem solved

37 minutes ago, Jumberlack said:

Is .7 going to work with 1.2.2?

Kopernicus may make it so with its heavy backport capability, but the work will not be put in to ensure a flawless game. All of the KSS team's effort is going forward, and forward only.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

For anyone interested, I uploaded a KSP 1.2.2 back port of  the latest release of KSP Interstellar EXtended 1.14.14 release which includes significant improvements to the Alcubiere drive allowing you to zip around the kerbol starsystem in a few minutes without excessive deltaV requirements

Edited by FreeThinker

54 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

I've noticed your pictures look a bit different than they do in-game. Are you using your own shader pack or are you just putting a filter through it?

GemFX

12 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

THAT WAS BUITIFULL

could you upload that Casini replica because that looked cool:wink:

Thx! It's an edited version of a model i found on curseforge, you can find the link in the description from the cassini teaser on the kss youtube channel. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

It's an edited version of a model i found on curseforge, you can find the link in the description from the cassini teaser on the kss youtube channel. 

thanks now i have something cool to explore Voon