[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, balgor said:

Hi i just recorder your mod, that's fantastic it's poentially unlimit the time life of the game.

Just a question, is there some delta v cards for the differents systems ?

I started to make a delta-V map for KSS. I'll continue work on it as soon as 0.7 is released, This is what I have so far.

https://bubbl.us/NDA2MjU3NC84MDE4Mzg5LzE4MzE4ZWI4ZmQwNjBkM2Y5MGQ4ZDkwMzE5MzkyODc0-X

THE ALL

TheAll.jpg?dl=1

Spoiler

The All is one of the 2 most mysterious bodies in the game, along with The Creator. Nobody seems to know what it is, whether it's a star, a black hole, or something else. It emits little light and has little interaction with gravity for its size. It is currently the most distant object in the Kerbal Universe. The All is closely tied with Kerbal Mythology, but was long forgotten and branded a myth before being rediscovered, sparking the beginning of KSP.

According to all measurements taken so far, The All has a very weak interaction with the space-time continuum and only faintly influences other objects with its pull of gravity. However, this does not mean The All has little mass, as the object appears to be immune to gravitational acceleration from stellar objects orbiting around it. Thus, The All's inertial mass appears to differ greatly from its gravitational mass, which is a property no other types of matter in the universe have been known to exhibit.

Because The All does not follow any known laws of physics, it is impossible to identify its true mass or density, assuming those terms even apply to such an exotic object. Many of the physical properties of The All have been declared "unquantifiable" by kerbal scientists as a result.

Another fact about this object that baffles kerbal scientists is its apparent age. The most precise dating equipment known to kerbals have placed The All's age at just over 13.82 billion years, which is longer than the accepted age of the universe. Many theories have been proposed on why this is, ranging from reverse time dilation to inaccurate dating methods, but none of them have been proven thus far.

3 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

THE ALL

TheAll.jpg?dl=1

Reveal hidden contents

The All is one of the 2 most mysterious bodies in the game, along with The Creator. Nobody seems to know what it is, whether it's a star, a black hole, or something else. It emits little light and has little interaction with gravity for its size. It is currently the most distant object in the Kerbal Universe. The All is closely tied with Kerbal Mythology, but was long forgotten and branded a myth before being rediscovered, sparking the beginning of KSP.

According to all measurements taken so far, The All has a very weak interaction with the space-time continuum and only faintly influences other objects with its pull of gravity. However, this does not mean The All has little mass, as the object appears to be immune to gravitational acceleration from stellar objects orbiting around it. Thus, The All's inertial mass appears to differ greatly from its gravitational mass, which is a property no other types of matter in the universe have been known to exhibit.

Because The All does not follow any known laws of physics, it is impossible to identify its true mass or density, assuming those terms even apply to such an exotic object. Many of the physical properties of The All have been declared "unquantifiable" by kerbal scientists as a result.

Another fact about this object that baffles kerbal scientists is its apparent age. The most precise dating equipment known to kerbals have placed The All's age at just over 13.82 billion years, which is longer than the accepted age of the universe. Many theories have been proposed on why this is, ranging from reverse time dilation to inaccurate dating methods, but none of them have been proven thus far.

ALL HAIL THE ALL

L

L

H

A

I

L

8 hours ago, Kangroozeeh said:

So I just upgraded my pc with a Ryzen 5 1600, a gtx 1080 ti and an SSD after my last pc blue-screened on KSS start-up... looking forward to play 0.7 now more than ever!! :D

You don't have to wait much longer...

A test release is just around the corner, along with the public release of our *secret* project :P

After bugs are ironed out and things are finalized then the full KSS 0.7 will be available.

3 hours ago, Greatness101 said:

You don't have to wait much longer...

A test release is just around the corner, along with the public release of our *secret* project :P

After bugs are ironed out and things are finalized then the full KSS 0.7 will be available.

So we'll hopefully be seeing a test release by the end of September? 

13 minutes ago, Caeden said:

Is it possible to install this mod but just add the extra systems? I don't want to change the Kerbol system.

I'm sorry but one of the main features of KSS is improving the 'boring' stock system. The whole mod is constructed around all these changes, making it impossible to take out the improved Kerbol system. So No it's not possible.

15 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm sorry but one of the main features of KSS is improving the 'boring' stock system. The whole mod is constructed around all these changes, making it impossible to take out the improved Kerbol system. So No it's not possible.

Ok, what about the planet Kerbin itself? Do you mean you changed its textures and surface mapping? Is there a way of keeping stock Kerbin?

THE CREATOR 
TheCreator.jpg?dl=1
The last teaser...

Spoiler

The Creator is one of the most mysterious bodies in the KSS Universe, along with The All. The only thing kerbal scientists are sure is it has been orbiting The All for a very long time and that they somehow must be related to each other.

Not much is known about The Creator. All scientists know is that is was not formed naturally, and thus is made of artificial metals and other materials, some of which may be unknown by kerbals.

The Creator, like The All, is a very mysterious object. Although it obeys the laws of physics, its orbit seems to be stationary, meaning that no force could move it against its will.

Another mystery about The Creator is its age. Unlike The All, which returned measurements of older than the Universe, The Creator's age is within the limits of the Universe, mostly. Its age ranges from between just before the formation of the Universe to just under 2 million years ago. Scientists are unsure why its results are so varied, either because of inaccurate methods, accidental measurement of interstellar debri, or because they can't get close enough to get a decent reading.

The single most mysterious thing about The Creator is why is exists in the first place, and who built it. Most scientists on Kerbin are unable to answer this question fully, but many have agreed that it was built by a precursor civilization, as evidence of one is found all over the nearby systems. They believe that The Creator may have been built to study The All, but they can't be sure.

20 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

THE CREATOR 
TheCreator.jpg?dl=1
The last teaser...

Hide contents

The Creator is one of the most mysterious bodies in the KSS Universe, along with The All. The only thing kerbal scientists are sure is it has been orbiting The All for a very long time and that they somehow must be related to each other.

Not much is known about The Creator. All scientists know is that is was not formed naturally, and thus is made of artificial metals and other materials, some of which may be unknown by kerbals.

The Creator, like The All, is a very mysterious object. Although it obeys the laws of physics, its orbit seems to be stationary, meaning that no force could move it against its will.

Another mystery about The Creator is its age. Unlike The All, which returned measurements of older than the Universe, The Creator's age is within the limits of the Universe, mostly. Its age ranges from between just before the formation of the Universe to just under 2 million years ago. Scientists are unsure why its results are so varied, either because of inaccurate methods, accidental measurement of interstellar debri, or because they can't get close enough to get a decent reading.

The single most mysterious thing about The Creator is why is exists in the first place, and who built it. Most scientists on Kerbin are unable to answer this question fully, but many have agreed that it was built by a precursor civilization, as evidence of one is found all over the nearby systems. They believe that The Creator may have been built to study The All, but they can't be sure.

oh h e c c

10 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Actually you can revert all stock planets back to their original states, just remove all of their config files except orbit and perhaps properties if you want to change them a little bit. In fact you can leave in anything as long as their textures are not set to the custom Kerbol starsystem ones, from there you can edit them to your pleasing...

8 minutes ago, Galacticvoyager said:

Actually you can revert all stock planets back to their original states, just remove all of their config files except orbit and perhaps properties if you want to change them a little bit. In fact you can leave in anything as long as their textures are not set to the custom Kerbol starsystem ones, from there you can edit them to your pleasing...

Well it's really more than that in 0.7. 

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

Well it's really more than that in 0.7. 

That is true, I do not know the extent of what you guys have changed for 0.7, I hope (and believe you have lived up to that hype and more) that 0.7 is even more awesome than the last, introducing a wide plethora of worlds to explore and conquer!

I should add some compatibility patches for Kluster once that stage is needed. I think Ill start with kerbol starsystems since its so good!

19 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Also, I know you guys are sprucing up Kerbin (and that's awesome), but try and keep the KerbinSide bases relatively untouched. I don't want to lose functionality of those bases.

No worries, i only improved the existing landscapes of stock kerbin.

Hi all. ( this may be an old topic)

I've been playing Kerbal for a long time (I'm 50 and this is my favorite game ever). 

I currently playing KSP 1.3 with the CTT and some popular mods without KSS.  I have lots of cash & tech points, science labs, mining bases, scientists & engineers at the Mun, Minmus, Duna, Eve, and Jool's moons,  milking and cleaning up science at Eeloo biomes.    etc. etc.

When I installed KSS .6 before, I lost most of my satellites and some kerbals.  Any suggestions on how to migrate all my "stuff" to the .7 KSS?

The obvious thing to do first is move the kerbals from Minmus to the Kerbin astronaut complex before Minmus becomes a comet.  

But what you think I can safely keep in space without losing it during the .7 installation?   Or just don't bother and re-start the whole carrier with the CTT and KSS .7 ?

I'm so ready for the .7 awesomeness !

thanks!

Edited by enewmen

8 hours ago, enewmen said:

But what you think I can safely keep in space without losing it during the .7 installation?   Or just don't bother and re-start the whole carrier with the CTT and KSS .7 ?

KSS makes changes to the stock Kerbal system and the system's orbits. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to "save" your progress. 

My suggestion is to note the current positions of all your bases, rovers, stations, and satellites. Use a spreadsheet to note the Ap, Pe, and inclination. Copy your craft files over to a new save and hyper edit everything back into approximately their original positions. Cheat your credits and science points back into existence. You'll probably have to manually rebuild your stations and bases where parts are docked together by flying and docking. Maybe you can build the bulk of your stations in the VAB and hyper edit them into place. It'll be a little time consuming but much faster than starting a new career from scratch. 

I, myself plan to start a new career for the 25th time. 

Edited by Voodoo8648

12 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

KSS makes changes to the stock Kerbal system and the system's orbits. Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to "save" your progress. 

My suggestion is to note the current positions of all your bases, rovers, stations, and satellites. Use a spreadsheet to note the Ap, Pe, and inclination. Copy your craft files over to a new save and hyper edit everything back into approximately their original positions. Cheat your credits and science points back into existence. You'll probably have to manually rebuild your stations and bases where parts are docked together by flying and docking. Maybe you can build the bulk of your stations in the VAB and hyper edit them into place. It'll be a little time consuming but much faster than starting a new career from scratch. 

I, myself plan to start a new career for the 25th time. 

Yea, this is probably the best course of action.