[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, Voodoo8648 said:

I'm going to start a fresh new career and post my career progress LIVE on YouTube. 

My YouTube Channel is: https://www.youtube.com/user/Voodoo8648

Sweet!  :)  I'll look you up and give it a watch!

I've been strongly considering doing a Mission Report series based on KSS for quite a while now, and I think I'm going to actually do it.  :) It'll be a bit before I can start; school and internship are needing a lot of my time, at the moment.  But once some time frees up, I'll give it a whirl!

2 hours ago, ModerndayLink said:

So I have 8gigs of ram, and I would like to know how well my pc would run kss 

pc specs:

Reveal hidden contents

i5 6400 quad core CPU 

geforce gtx 730 GPU

Try it out and let us know. Expect to have a hard time with even a few other mods (part mods) because KSS is massive.

awesome mod! 
but i have a question: i run a lot mods and for now i don't need other stars, i would like to use only kss extended kerbol system and the visual overhaul, how do i get rid of other stars (they are slowing down my pc)?

p.s. sorry ik my english is broken 

awesome mod! 
but i have a question: i run a lot mods and for now i don't need other stars, i would like to use only kss extended kerbol system and the visual overhaul, how do i get rid of other stars (they are slowing down my pc)?

p.s. sorry ik my english is broken 

KSS 0.7 is more modular, so you can easily install just the extended Kerbol System. Just download the first two files (the KSS_BASIC and Extended Kerbol System) and the visuals file and you should be good.

Edited by TheSpacePotato

Does something like KSC Switcher work for this mod?

Basically interested in a non-equitorial launch site (akin to Cape Canaverals 28.05 in RSS for instance which is what I'm playing with now) on Kerbin and I'm wondering if thats possible.

Was also wondering if other visual packs are supported for at least the stock Kerbin bodies? (like Astronomers)

Basically interested in a non-equitorial launch site (akin to Cape Canaverals 28.05 in RSS for instance which is what I'm playing with now) on Kerbin and I'm wondering if thats possible.

Was also wondering if other visual packs are supported for at least the stock Kerbin bodies? (like Astronomers)

I didn't test or used KSC Switcher with KSS before so i can't confirm they're compatible. No other visual packs are supported because no visual pack aims for the particular esthetic i want for KSS. 

13 hours ago, G'th said:

Use KerbinSide/KerbalKonstructs, those are really useful, and you can even explore Kerbin a lot better with planes from some of the new runways. 

I know this may be a stupid question, but a lot of the planets I've seen in the wiki aren't in the game, include Tide. (my favorite) If my assumptions are correct, would they be contained in the 0.7 part 2 update?

Edited by Gyrfalcon5

33 minutes ago, Gyrfalcon5 said:

I know this may be a stupid question, but a lot of the planets I've seen in the wiki aren't in the game, include Tide. (my favorite) If my assumptions are correct, would they be contained in the 0.7 part 2 update?

Yes. The Part 1 includes only planets seen in Nova Kirbani. When Part 2 rolls around, all the planets planned for 0.7 will be present (Kelnis System, Kerolon System, Tide)

11 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Use KerbinSide/KerbalKonstructs, those are really useful, and you can even explore Kerbin a lot better with planes from some of the new runways. 

Umm....  Speaking of that...

I gave a shot with KerbinSide with KSS, like I had before, and it seems something is... different.  Several places I tried were either floating over the surface or buried underground.  (Screenshots can be grabbed on request, but it's pretty much as described.)  I haven't tried all of the locations, but all the ones I tried were off.  (I had not installed the KSC upgrades part, so I don't know how that part sits, but I'd imagine it's much the same.)  I have the most recent versions of both KerbinSide and KerbalKonstructs.  (And KSS, of course.)

I am not experienced with modding, so I'm not quite sure how to fix this other than going into the assorted KerbinSide files and adjust their elevations.

Any thoughts?

Additional Note: I recognize that the fix is likely on KerbinSide's side.  :) I just wanted to ask here first before I poked them.  Just noting it before someone else does.

Edited by RobFalcon
Additional Note

36 minutes ago, RobFalcon said:

Umm....  Speaking of that...

I gave a shot with KerbinSide with KSS, like I had before, and it seems something is... different.  Several places I tried were either floating over the surface or buried underground.  (Screenshots can be grabbed on request, but it's pretty much as described.)  I haven't tried all of the locations, but all the ones I tried were off.  (I had not installed the KSC upgrades part, so I don't know how that part sits, but I'd imagine it's much the same.)  I have the most recent versions of both KerbinSide and KerbalKonstructs.  (And KSS, of course.)

I am not experienced with modding, so I'm not quite sure how to fix this other than going into the assorted KerbinSide files and adjust their elevations.

Any thoughts?

Additional Note: I recognize that the fix is likely on KerbinSide's side.  :) I just wanted to ask here first before I poked them.  Just noting it before someone else does.

That would be a result of KerbinSide not being compatible with KSS. If you haven't noticed, Kerbin was retextured, so it makes sense that thr KSC is not on the ground.

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

That would be a result of KerbinSide not being compatible with KSS. If you haven't noticed, Kerbin was retextured, so it makes sense that thr KSC is not on the ground.

That's what I figured, but I was hoping I might be wrong.  :)  They'd been compatible with a previous KSS version, but that was before reworking Kerbin for 0.7.

I'll do some more poking around on this, see what might be possible.

52 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

@RobFalcon

I'll make sure KerbinSide works when part 2 gets released.

I had not intended to ask that of either mod team, as I'm sure you've got other things to worry about.  I appreciate your efforts, but please don't let them be a detriment to your own work.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

Got home, opened up KSP with KSS 0.7, and... :o I can positively say I'm stunned at how much effort and improvement was put into the mod. Just two releases earlier (0.5) you were struggling with lighting issues! :wink: Anyway, keep up the good work, and I will definitely play part 2 when that gets released!

A few screenshots I would like to share:

Spoiler

screenshot2.png?dl=1

screenshot6.png?dl=1

screenshot12.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, EricL said:

Got home, opened up KSP with KSS 0.7, and... :o I can positively say I'm stunned at how much effort and improvement was put into the mod. Just two releases earlier (0.5) you were struggling with lighting issues! :wink: Anyway, keep up the good work, and I will definitely play part 2 when that gets released!

A few screenshots I would like to share:

Hide contents

screenshot2.png?dl=1

screenshot6.png?dl=1

screenshot12.png?dl=1

You could maybe put those screenshots on the wiki for Sulph

13 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

You could maybe put those screenshots on the wiki for Sulph

The screenshots we put on the wiki meet a strict set of requirements, most of which are not easy to achieve. Unfortunately, those screenshots didn't meet the requirements, so we can't really add those :/

29 minutes ago, TheSpacePotato said:

The screenshots we put on the wiki meet a strict set of requirements, most of which are not easy to achieve. Unfortunately, those screenshots didn't meet the requirements, so we can't really add those :/

Oh. Wait, what are the requirements for a wiki screenshot?