[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, Badge said:

For some reason when i click on the github page or on curseforge the download isn't there :(

It’s there on github. You have to download the source code (zip) as far as I know.

1 hour ago, Badge said:

For some reason when i click on the github page or on curseforge the download isn't there :(

My bad, I didn't update the github link after adding the Kelnis System. Fixed it.

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Kerbal-Star-Systems/releases

Edited by StarCrusher96

Is it enough to make the mod "Trajectories" inaccurate? Is there a way I can revert the aerodynamics back to stock?

39 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

39 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Just some improvements. But the atmo didn't change much.

Edited by Voodoo8648

5 minutes ago, Voodoo8648 said:

Is it enough to make the mod "Trajectories" inaccurate? Is there a way I can revert the aerodynamics back to stock?

There are new threads that are saying Trajectories isn’t very accurate to begin with, but if you want the stock atmos back, you can delete the atmosphere nodes from the stock body cfgs. I would do it with MM in case you want to go back to KSS’s parameters

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There are new threads that are saying Trajectories isn’t very accurate to begin with, but if you want the stock atmos back, you can delete the atmosphere nodes from the stock body cfgs. I would do it with MM in case you want to go back to KSS’s parameters

Honestly, I tend to use 'Trajectories" as a guideline vice a hard rule.  (Though, truth be told, my landing accuracy's pretty terrible, as it is.)

7 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

So, I was trying to load KSS with Principia, so that I could find any unstable systems and create a compatibility patch that stabilized them. However, as soon as I tried to start a new game, the game crashed. So I was wondering if you could figure out the problem, and maybe come up with a solution.

At the moment I only managed to make the Kerbol System work with Principia. But all the other stars cause instable orbits and other weird things. I’ll figure something out but it won’t be until KSS 0.8. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

I actually was looking for a galaxy sytem that have both the stock system AND the Real solar system, each one orbiting it'sw own star.... so I can play the role of the kerbalking findind and exploring the Humankind ... that would be coooool.

NB: Both systems in their real size ... stock scale kerbol system and real scale sol system ...

Do you think you could add Sol and RSS to this pack??

Bye!

2 hours ago, Ciro1983811 said:

I actually was looking for a galaxy sytem that have both the stock system AND the Real solar system, each one orbiting it'sw own star.... so I can play the role of the kerbalking findind and exploring the Humankind ... that would be coooool.

NB: Both systems in their real size ... stock scale kerbol system and real scale sol system ...

Bye!

Because of the giant differences in scale. I'm not going to make KSS compatible with RSS ever. KSS stars are positioned too close to each other to allow a real sized system. Neither do I work on request. 

I think this awesome mod might help you out. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

38 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Because of the giant differences in scale. I'm not going to make KSS compatible with RSS ever. KSS stars are positioned too close to each other to allow a real sized system. Neither do I work on request. 

I think this awesome mod might help you out. 

Good point.  Notice that I wasn't asking you to work on request!! Sorry if my bad English seemed unpolite to you.

I'll have a look at your suggestion. Bye!

8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

At the moment I only managed to make the Kerbol System work with Principia. But all the other stars cause instable orbits and other weird things. I’ll figure something out but it won’t be until KSS 0.8. 

Okay, thanks! :D

5 hours ago, Ciro1983811 said:

NB: Both systems in their real size ... stock scale kerbol system and real scale sol system ..

Bye!

RSS won't become compatible with KSS for a few reasons:

• The dimensions (as @StarCrusher96 said) are too large, meaning RSS will take up a large part of the area.
  • The Kerbol System is basically a kerbalized version of RSS, with a couple extra addons, so it would be rather redundant.
  • It conflicts with the lore.

Sorry to say, but RSS will not be compatible with KSS at any point in time, unless someone makes a patch for it.

So I went on the wiki for this mod and counted all of the listed bodies, and they totaled to 125! That is extremely impressive. In fact, I think it just might be the record for the largest number of celestial bodies in a single KSP mod! And considering how much effort you put into the details of each body, I just want to say that you are doing an amazing job! Thank you for putting as much time and effort as you did into making this mod. I really appreciate it and I'm sure that many others feel the same. :)

15 minutes ago, Scotskerb said:

So I went on the wiki for this mod and counted all of the listed bodies, and they totaled to 125! That is extremely impressive. In fact, I think it just might be the record for the largest number of celestial bodies in a single KSP mod! And considering how much effort you put into the details of each body, I just want to say that you are doing an amazing job! Thank you for putting as much time and effort as you did into making this mod. I really appreciate it and I'm sure that many others feel the same. :)

If I think about it, this is probably the best KSP Kopernicus mod. Moreover, considering that this is a relatively recent mod, the amount of work that @StarCrusher96 put into KSS must be intense. Salutes to @StarCrusher96, and please make a pulsar planet system.

4 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

If I think about it, this is probably the best KSP Kopernicus mod. Moreover, considering that this is a relatively recent mod, the amount of work that @StarCrusher96 put into KSS must be intense. Salutes to @StarCrusher96, and please make a pulsar planet system.

KSS just celebrated it's 3rd birthday :P But indeed a lot of learning and working.

17 minutes ago, Badge said:

I've got the majority of the mod working, however none of the clouds are showing up on any of the planets only the aurora's and the city lights show up on Kerbin. :(

How do you got clouds ? There are no 0.7 clouds at the moment.

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, Scotskerb said:

THX!

6 hours ago, Badge said:

I've got the majority of the mod working, however none of the clouds are showing up on any of the planets only the aurora's and the city lights show up on Kerbin. :(

I still have the KSS 0.7 (part 1) with clouds. With my install, the clouds initially work but if you exit to the main screen and then try to enter back into the game, the clouds will disappear. After this you must restart KSP. Otherwise, if you just downloaded KSS, the clouds are currently missing because of copyright issues. Clouds are being redesigned and will be reintroduced in Part 2 of KSS 0.7 :)