[1.5.1] Kerbal Star Systems [v0.8.2] August 18, 2018

StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Both. Originally I have noticed problems with mod Contract Pack: Tourism Plus, when one of the contracts required me to orbit theAll. Having looked at the mod config files I realized that Sun() function is being called, which returns reference to the system sun or theAll in case of KSS.

Similar problem exists with stock infrared telescope. To activate the telescope(object tracking feature) you have to orbit sun on a polar orbit. Orbiting Kerbol does not  allow to activate the telescope, but orbiting theAll does.

This issue is not directly caused by KSS but rather by the method Kopernicus uses to create multistar systems by changing the root of the planet tree.

Well I’ll see what I can do. 

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hal WITH rings

Hal.png?dl=1

Hmmm . . .

Does this have to do with the discovery of rings around Haumea?

Shame . . . A neglected centaur named 2060 Chiron already had rings. Do you have a Chiron analog or at least plans to make one?

1 minute ago, UranianBlue said:

Hmmm . . .

Does this have to do with the discovery of rings around Haumea?

Shame . . . A neglected centaur named 2060 Chiron already had rings. Do you have a Chiron analog or at least plans to make one?

Yes and no there is no analog for that one.

Also another thing I would like to know. I've been working on a dwarf planets pack for a couple months now, and I'm almost ready to release it. The mod adds in a Chiron analog. Would I have to get your permission (aka does the license allow for me) to make a compatibility patch so that the mod would work not fall apart if somebody was also using KSS (a simple MM patch that changes the referenceBody to "Kerbol" for each of the objects; if the referenceBody is "The Sun", the mod will obviously not work).

Note that if you allow the patch, you relieve yourself and everyone on this forum of the repeated requests for a Chiron analog :wink:

1 minute ago, UranianBlue said:

Also another thing I would like to know. I've been working on a dwarf planets pack for a couple months now, and I'm almost ready to release it. The mod adds in a Chiron analog. Would I have to get your permission (aka does the license allow for me) to make a compatibility patch so that the mod would work not fall apart if somebody was also using KSS (a simple MM patch that changes the referenceBody to "Kerbol" for each of the objects; if the referenceBody is "The Sun", the mod will obviously not work).

Note that if you allow the patch, you relieve yourself and everyone on this forum of the repeated requests for a Chiron analog :wink:

I'm not really interested in adding more dwarf planets. But if you want to make a patch for KSS when people are already using KSS. That's fine. But this mod of yours is a standalone mod, and not a KSS extension right? 

7 minutes ago, UranianBlue said:

You should probably post pics on imgur or something, just so we can get an idea of it.

1 minute ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm not really interested in adding more dwarf planets. But if you want to make a patch for KSS when people are already using KSS. That's fine. But this mod of yours is a standalone mod, and not a KSS extension right? 

That is accurate.

11 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

Pretty interesting! That's the biomes too, I presume?

You can wait another 2 days while I finish the biomes. That shot was only there to prove that the mod existed, and that it was not something that I had come up with in the last hour. One can even see that the picture was uploaded two months ago. If you want more details, this thread is not the place for them.

57 minutes ago, RaceToTheMun said:

I see a lot of probes appear in the loading screen, are they available to download?

No I’m sorry not making the functional ones available. You can copy the design from the KSS StarChaser and Kolony from the pictures on the wiki. (They’ll need autostrut though)

Edited by StarCrusher96

Alright, new problem.

Quick info:

I'm using 1.3.0, Kopernicus Release 8, and have installed base KSS and the extended kerbol system.

The game will freeze loading parts and I cannot find any logs on the problem, unfortunately. Including Kopernicus logs.

Has this bug been encountered before, and is there a way to fix it?

Edited by Pxtseryu

2 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Alright, new problem.

Quick info:

I'm using 1.3.0, Kopernicus Release 8, and have installed base KSS and the extended kerbol system.

The game will freeze loading parts and I cannot find any logs on the problem, unfortunately. Including Kopernicus logs.

Has this bug been encountered before, and is there a way to fix it?

I'd advice to update to 1.3.1 and use the latest kopernicus.

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

I'd advice to update to 1.3.1 and use the latest kopernicus.

Alright, I'll report back if I encounter any problems.

Reporting back. Got the latest Kopernicus and updated back to 1.3.1.

It still freezes on loading parts. Like I said, I can't find any logs on the problem, which sucks.

Any other advice?

15 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

It still freezes on loading parts. Like I said, I can't find any logs on the problem, which sucks.

Any other advice?

I need more info/ logs

- which parts are installed - other mods?

does your gamedata folder look like this?

KSS_INSTALL.png?dl=1

30 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Any other advice?

Are you loading KSP in 64-bit?

1 hour ago, TheSpacePotato said:

KSS Part 2 has just entered the preliminary stages of testing! Expect a release within the next week :P

Woohoo!  :D  Now, just got to survive the rest of this semester, and I can put my designs to the test!  (Well...  Late-game, so...  It'll be a while.  :) )